PDA

View Full Version : Where did you sell your MC?

Brian B
09-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Where have you guys had good luck selling your Mastercrafts?

I've advertised here, and Craigslist and not had a whole lot of interest. In the past few days someone has been flagging my CL ads and they've been removed. Very frustrating to say the least....

kalamalka
09-02-2012, 11:30 PM
what are you selling?

tdjaster
09-02-2012, 11:38 PM
I've always had luck with Craigslist. It all depends on your pricing. If it's a good value, it'll be gone.

ttu
09-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Where have you guys had good luck selling your Mastercrafts?

I've advertised here, and Craigslist and not had a whole lot of interest. In the past few days someone has been flagging my CL ads and they've been removed. Very frustrating to say the least....

have you tried onlyinboards.com? craigslist is great except all the spammers who will pay you extra $$$ because they are out of the country and have a shipping company pick your boat up!:D:D

ShawnB
09-03-2012, 12:03 AM
+1 for OnlyInboards. Pay the money and get a featured ad.

D3skier
09-03-2012, 12:13 AM
always just took mine to the dealer

maristardd
09-03-2012, 12:20 AM
> CL ads

... are you posting in more than one local geography or category on CL, simultaneously? That's against terms and is annoying to see duplicates in searches, which is probably how they are noticing to flag. Just post in one category, one geography, and 'renew' it every 48 hours to get it to top and you should be OK. Also put enough details about boat that it doesn't look like the one generic sentence, single picture, lowball price scam ads that are posted (that I flag :-).

JLowder
09-03-2012, 12:59 AM
I have had great luck on boattrader. Spend the extra money and buy a featured add. Take the best photos you can. Good luck.

Brian B
09-03-2012, 01:10 AM
> CL ads

... are you posting in more than one local geography or category on CL, simultaneously? That's against terms and is annoying to see duplicates in searches, which is probably how they are noticing to flag. Just post in one category, one geography, and 'renew' it every 48 hours to get it to top and you should be OK. Also put enough details about boat that it doesn't look like the one generic sentence, single picture, lowball price scam ads that are posted (that I flag :-).

Yup. Had a perfectly legit ad with a great description and plenty of pictures. Only in 1 section, in 1 region. I'm guessing it was someone selling a similar boat, or one of the scammers who I refuse to respond to. My ad clearly says, "If you see this ad, the boat is still for sale. I will not reply to emails asking if the boat is still available"

I'd like to get my hands on the person flagging my posts.

Thanks for all the other advice. I'll get it posted up on BT and OI tomorrow!

2RLAKE
09-03-2012, 10:03 AM
I sold my '02 TT 197 and '05 X9 on eBay ... Tried to price them right to sell

What about the marketplace here? I found my neighbors 190 on it

erkoehler
09-03-2012, 10:38 AM
What boat are you selling? Price?

Cloaked
09-03-2012, 10:43 AM
......I'd like to get my hands on the person flagging my posts..........
And then what? :D :D

h2oskifreak
09-03-2012, 12:10 PM
> CL ads

I live in a town of 100k population. I sold a boat this summer on CL. My buddy who posted the ad posted in a town 250 miles away. I gave him crap about it and he said "think about how many more pepole you will reach". He was right, 1 got calls within the 1st hour the ad was up. At least 2 calls a day for a week and the boat was gone Johnson. I traveled 400 miles for my replacement boat. I don't think distance (within reason) matters on CL. Post in a big market is my suggestion.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
09-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Yup. Had a perfectly legit ad with a great description and plenty of pictures. Only in 1 section, in 1 region. I'm guessing it was someone selling a similar boat, or one of the scammers who I refuse to respond to. My ad clearly says, "If you see this ad, the boat is still for sale. I will not reply to emails asking if the boat is still available"

I'd like to get my hands on the person flagging my posts.

Thanks for all the other advice. I'll get it posted up on BT and OI tomorrow!

Just keep reposting the ad it puts you at the top of the list.:rolleyes:

MC209
09-03-2012, 12:45 PM
CL has always worked well for me as long as you follow all their guidelines. believe it or not their are people with nothing better to do with their time than surf CL and try and find things wrong with others adds/

Brian B
09-03-2012, 01:50 PM
And then what? :D :D

Slap the **** out of him.

Brian B
09-03-2012, 01:51 PM
What boat are you selling? Price?

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=49552

HartlandX1
09-03-2012, 02:06 PM
not to jump on price, but I think you're pretty high- End of season, will be probably be looking at <$30k

Brian B
09-03-2012, 02:07 PM
not to jump on price, but I think you're pretty high- End of season, will be probably be looking at <$30k

This should be obvious to a perspective buyer, right? I know this, you know this...... :) Just trying to keep the offers reasonable.....

Traxx822
09-03-2012, 02:13 PM
This should be obvious to a perspective buyer, right? I know this, you know this...... :) Just trying to keep the offers reasonable.....

You will get more calls with asking what you want and then being firm. Very easy to say no to lowballers. And if you only list $1k over what you really want you can be pretty firm and not lose calls because its overinflated in price.

MC209
09-03-2012, 02:26 PM
I agree traxx

Brian B
09-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I'll definitely lower the asking price. Hope that stops the troll flagger lol

erkoehler
09-03-2012, 02:56 PM
That would be on my lot for 28-29,999.

Cloaked
09-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Slap the **** out of him.
This thread is worthless without pictures... :D

Brian B
09-03-2012, 03:30 PM
This thread is worthless without pictures... :D

http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Cum%2B_b20a511628ee1fbd073dfbdb9efd8196.jpeg

Millertime
09-03-2012, 04:11 PM
+2 OnlyInboards.com
I found my boat off this site.

MC209
09-03-2012, 04:25 PM
bought mine a month ago off boattrader.com

HartlandX1
09-03-2012, 04:25 PM
This should be obvious to a perspective buyer, right?

skijwr
09-03-2012, 06:05 PM
I bought my X7 on ebay 2 years ago. made a deal offline in person, got lucky he was 30 mins from me.
post your ad on ski it again. they get lots of traffic.
+1 for onlyinboards.
If you are asking for opinions, I would agree, your price may be a little high for a 2001.
I see lots of ads for 197s asking $30k to 35k and they are 8 to 10 years old, doubt they ever sell at that price.
I am not familiar with pricing for X10.
just my opinion.

east tx skier
09-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Ebay got the most attention and would have resulted in a sale had I not sold it here at the eleventh hour. So, ebay and here.

maristardd
09-03-2012, 06:53 PM
> Only in 1 section, in 1 region

That's rough - I thought scammers were just doing over-post, that would suck if they've adding messing with legitimate ads as part of their MO. But it takes some work as I think it takes more than one flag to remove. You can appeal a flag to CL administrator if you are in the rules. Also I think posting ad under your CL account may help, vs. just doing ad then doing the email confirm.

CL is probably #1 spot in California/Bay Area for anything (and got my Mastercraft that way :-), I'm not sure how it ranks for AZ vs other stuff.

cdstukey
09-03-2012, 09:00 PM
I sold my 190 off a Denver CL add to a buyer in Seattle.
I bought it out of the MC marketplace from a seller in Wyo.
For the right boat at the right price the buyers will find you. I would have put it on sia and only inboards if I had known about them at the time.

jcbatt
09-04-2012, 02:31 PM
ebay, onlyinboards, and this site (in that order in terms of number of boats I've sold on each) have all been good sources of past sales for me. usedboats.com and boat trader have generated very little real interest. I am also a big proponent of listing your price at very close to your bottom line. There is always the off-chance you could hit a home-run with a high price, but I think you lose too many calls as people think you are not serious about selling.

Future MC Owner
09-04-2012, 03:39 PM
I purchased my 2007 197 off of onlyinboards.com. I was told by the broker that it was only listed for 3 hours before I put down a deposit and the seller pulled the listing.