09-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Let me tell you about yesterday...

12 hours.
3 lakes.
7 people.
2 boats.
9 watersports.
144 miles.

Stop #1 - Lake Placid. Slalom ski, wake ski, knee board, combo ski.
Stop #2 - Texas Ski Ranch. Lunch at Wahoo's, wakeboard, wake skate.
Stop #3 - Canyon Lake. Party Cove, swim, wakesurf, dinner at Baja BBQ, wakeboard, tube.

We used my MasterCraft at Stop #1 and then I towed it the rest of the day. We used my friend's Tige (don't hate, he's actually a nice guy...just has poor judgement) at Stop #3.

The day was an absolute blast, though more of a challenge than I expected. If you are planning to attempt anything like this, I suggest having a "core group" of 3-5 riders that are "all business." We had a couple of kids along that weren't quite as hard core as myself.

This morning, I woke up feeling like I had been run over by a dump truck...but it was well worth it.

BDF2
09-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Sounds like a great day! How crowded was Canyon? I am thinking about going there as early as I can get the family up and going.

tdjaster
09-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Sounds like a great day! How crowded was Canyon? I am thinking about going there as early as I can get the family up and going.

Canyon was ridiculous but we anticipated that. Yesterday was not about "quality ski time" it was more about checking things off the list and having a great story. You can bet the boat ramp at 8:30pm was a drama-filled event. I think I witnessed a divorce in action while we waited in the truck/trailer line.

BDF2
09-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the info, I may not attempt in the morning since I cannot afford a divorce! LOL!

kskonn
09-02-2012, 06:06 PM
For skiing go to placid early, I live there. Get there at 8 and you will have good water.

kskonn
09-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Tdjaster, post a pick of your boat so I can see who you were I was in my back yard or on my balcony all day. I am sure I saw you.

tdjaster
09-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Tdjaster, post a pick of your boat so I can see who you were I was in my back yard or on my balcony all day. I am sure I saw you.

tdjaster
09-02-2012, 11:43 PM

What part of the lake are you on?

BradleyV
09-02-2012, 11:57 PM
My parents own a house on Canyon right by one of the main boat ramps. I usually don't put in on holidays, but we love to sit out, have a few cold ones and watch the insanity between 6-9pm on Saturday and Sunday. It's great. You are right, we probably witness 2-3 divorces per holiday weekend. Between that and the amateurs, it's priceless entertainment.

The water is rough during the day, but if you put in early (around 8am or earlier) it's not that bad and you can get in a few good hours before it becomes too crowded. Or, wait until next weekend. It'll be empty. September following Labor Day weekend is one of the best months to be on Canyon.

kskonn
09-03-2012, 12:49 PM
What part of the lake are you on?

I am on placid in what we call concrete alley. It is the section down river about a mile from the damn, my house is on the west side of the lake with as red white and black 2011 X2 in the lift.

tdjaster
09-03-2012, 04:25 PM
I am on placid in what we call concrete alley. It is the section down river about a mile from the damn, my house is on the west side of the lake with as red white and black 2011 X2 in the lift.

Yup, I know exactly where that is. Your boat is probably the one that whenever we pass it, I always say: "There's my next boat, right there." I love the X-2s.

We are usually only out once a weekend because we live by Sea World and trailer it there and back. Keep an eye out and give a wave next time you see us!

MC209
09-03-2012, 04:30 PM
that sounds like a pretty cool day!