PDA

View Full Version : New MC Owner Needs Some help

McFire
09-02-2005, 12:59 PM
I just traded in my old Supra and got a '94 MC Prostar 190. It has the Corvette engine. I don't have an owners manual, so I am looking for some information.

#1 - Does anyone know what horsepower the engine is? I have heard anywhere from 260 to 330.

#2 - My ski platform is detachable, and slides into brackets on the transom. While at slower speeds, the platform rattles and sounds like heck. Has anyone had this problem and resolved it? If so, how?

#3 - There is a light in the storage compartment behind the observer's seat that doesn't work. Other than the push button switch on the light itself, is this controlled by any switches, like on the dash? I have taken the fixture off, but it appears sealed. Is this just a replacable fixture, or can I get at the bulb?

Thanks for any help.

André
09-02-2005, 01:04 PM
#1 310 hp
#2 I think someone here did put some thin rubber in the slide part
#3 Turn the key to the left like accessories on a car.Search for 2 days what was draining the battery...

AirJunky
09-02-2005, 01:12 PM
#2 - I inserted a pair of stainless table knives in the brackets' gap. Looks kind of funny but the swimstep is completely silent!

Ryan
09-02-2005, 01:28 PM
My light (in a 93 PS 190) will turn on regardless of the postition of the ignition switch or any other pannel switch. My guess is you need a new bulb.

bigmac
09-02-2005, 01:36 PM
My light (in a 93 PS 190) will turn on regardless of the postition of the ignition switch or any other pannel switch. My guess is you need a new bulb.

On the newer boats, I believe thost lights only come on when the courtesly light switch on the dash is turned on. I don't know if this applies to the older boats, however.

River Rat
09-02-2005, 01:36 PM
I would drill and tap a hole in the bracket that mounts to the platform and insert a small set screw to eliminate the rattle. I did this on a receiver hitch on my old 4X4 and it worked great. My platform has a little slack in it but not enough to bother me.