PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard Tower on 1997 Prostar 205

kornysnaps
09-02-2012, 10:01 AM
My son is 11 and has caught wakeboarding fever. I pull him behind a 1997 Prostar 205 with a skylon. I am considering putting a tower on the boat but do realize it will not make it a wakeboarding boat.

I am interested in hearing feedback before moving ahead. Will it help or hinder the resale value of the boat? Will it affect the performance of the boat? Please point out anything else that I should consider.

I still do like to barefoot from this boat. For this reason and the sky high prices of wakeboard boats, I am inclined to keep it. But will my son progress at a slower rate with the Prostar wake?

Thanks!

Traxx822
09-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Sounds good enough for me. Might want to add some bags and get him a good board. Not some Kent or Ronix garbo either ;) Sounds like you have everything else you need. imo a tower adds value if you buy a nice one.

_fng_
09-02-2012, 10:48 AM
I have the same year/model and would say that the tower won't hinder resale and likely help. The '96 on 205 hull is great for wakeboarding when weighted so a lot of people on a budget will seek them out so a tower will help for that aspect. Also it helps getting stuff off the floor and improve space in the boat.

The prostar wake will not hold him back when you add some fat sacs on the floor (yeah sucks for space but thats the nature of a dd). I'm far from good but have had very good riders comment on how great a wake it was for a direct drive.