PDA

View Full Version : Does it matter which way I face

Kdmann64
09-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Ive been surfing on the left side of the boat, and I surf regular so I'm facing the boat and the wave. I haven't been able to throw the rope yet. Should I switch sides and surf behind boat driver?

jgraham37128
09-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Ive been surfing on the left side of the boat, and I surf regular so I'm facing the boat and the wave. I haven't been able to throw the rope yet. Should I switch sides and surf behind boat driver?

That is all correct. How big is the wake? How close are you to the boat? What speed are you going? I'm going to guess that your not close enought to the back of the boat.

Kdmann64
09-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Not sure on rope length but I've pulled in to about 3 feet from platform, I guess we just have to keep playing with speed, plate, and ballast. So far speed has been around 10

madcityskier
09-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Try cranking it up to 11.

kgrove
09-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Not 100% sure of your question. Most boats throw a better wake on the port/passenger side than they do the starboard/drivers side due to prop rotation. In surfing there is frontside, where you are facing the wave, and backside, where your butt is to the wave. Almost every surfer I know highly prefers going frontside, so if you are a regular foot surfer and surfing on the boat's dominant port side as well, that should be your easiest go at surfing. You can experiment going backside on a starboard side wave and see how it works for you, but you may find it more difficult.

deminimis
09-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Try cranking it up to 11.
http://bharrison.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/spinal_tap_but_it_goes_to_eleven.jpg

Every boat and every weight-job is different, but we often find the best wave at 11.5-12.