PDA

View Full Version : MasterCraft Cruise won't work in RPM Mode

jostevenso
08-31-2012, 08:00 PM
I have a 2006 X45 with MasterCraft Cruise control. Last summer it stopped working in RPM mode. It works fine in both Speed and Manaul modes. In RPM mode I can select the RPM I want to stay at just fine. However, when I engage the throttle the words "Pull" show on the display and the Cruise Control never engages. The very small "Lock" flashes as it is supposed to when traveling under the desired RPM and stops flashing at the desired RPM but the Cruise still doesn't engage. I've had the dealer look at it twice. The second time they called MasterCraft as well as the company that makes the components for the Cruise Control and neither could provide any suggestions on why it is doing what it is nor any suggestions on how to fix it. I'm definitely at a loss. Any suggestions from you experts out there would be greatly appreciated.

kalamalka
09-01-2012, 02:00 AM
I am having the exact same problem with my 06 x1 there is also another guy here having the same issues with his 06

Skyskiguy
09-01-2012, 11:41 AM
That would be me. '06 X30 is doing the EXACT SAME THING! See this thread - http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=49797 . I've only owned the boat for three months so I don't have a good history with how it should work, but for the few years that MC offered their cruise control NONE of their literature says anything about PULL. As I understand it, RPM should work exactly the same as SPEED with the exception of the fact that it monitors RPM instead.
I am tired of being told that this is "normal".
I was able to get in touch with Terry McNew, the new CEO of MC. To his credit, he has been very responsive and more than willing to listen and try to help find a solution. Last Monday I received a phone call from Bill Gaddis, the MC "tech guru" and a MC engineer, whose name I have forgotten. Unfortunately, they are still telling me that PULL is normal in RPM mode but couldn't explain why it won't engage properly (mine will actually engage at around 1000 rpm's over the set point, then flash DEC and throttle down to the set point).
Ryan (kamakala) wrote a letter to Mr. McNew and sent it to me so that I could include it with my description of the problem for Terry. I have a guy in my neighborhood with an 06 with the same issue. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that we are being blown off because we are dealing with six year old boats and they don't want to invest the time to figure it out.
John.

CantRepeat
09-01-2012, 12:06 PM
I know this wont help your current issues with MC cruise but, if any of you guys with 06s decided you want to move over to PP Stargazer, like I did in my 06, here are few links that might help.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=41790

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=38291

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=46598

If any of you go this route and have questions about the install or about the differences in MC/PP operation let me know.

Skyskiguy
09-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Thanks CantRepeat. In the interest of my current financial situation, I'd really like for MC to find a fix but may end up having to make the switch. I actually really like my MC Cruise - other than this RPM mode glitch.
Perhaps another option would be to find a used MC Cruise module from someone like yourself who has switched to PP (if it still works) - wanna sell yours?

CantRepeat
09-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Thanks CantRepeat. In the interest of my current financial situation, I'd really like for MC to find a fix but may end up having to make the switch. I actually really like my MC Cruise - other than this RPM mode glitch.
Perhaps another option would be to find a used MC Cruise module from someone like yourself who has switched to PP (if it still works) - wanna sell yours?

Well, tbh I didn't have to disconnect anything on the MC cruise. I'd have to go out and look at what all is involved with removing it.