PDA

View Full Version : Speedo not working???

DoubleE7
08-31-2012, 01:16 PM
Any ideas on what would cause the speedo to stop workin on an'05 X45? I got under the boat and the paddle wheel spins freely. All the rest of the instrumentation is working. Any ideas would be welcomed!

bjames
08-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Is the boat in motion?

Just kidding, couldnt resist. Im sure you will gets lots of support on this form. good luck.

GoneBoatN
08-31-2012, 09:57 PM
Look from the other side and try to determine what model you have of the transducer. Newer boats have the tri-ducer by Airmar that senses Depth, Speed and water Temperature. I think that age boat sensed depth and speed but I'm not sure.

On my boat the module went bad but that was to fix an issue with depth. The two things I could think of is 1) module went bad or 2) wiring went bad. Could be other things so maybe someone with the same/similar boat will come along. Check the wiring plug to make sure it is not corroded.

tex
08-31-2012, 10:15 PM
Go with boardshorts. Speedos are only in Europe!

aswinter05
09-01-2012, 08:05 AM
My speedo is currently out of commission too. Paddle wheel spins freely. Talked with a fellow from Perfect Pass and he sounded confident that it was simply a paddle wheel gone bad.

If i wasn't on my phone i would send you a link to my other thread concerning the same issue. I posted some Word documents about paddle wheel trouble shooting. The documents were sent to me directly from a Perfect Pass tech guy. Best of luck, let me know what you find out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DoubleE7
09-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Yeah, it has the depth finder and temp sensor built in and they both work so it would make sense that it is the paddle wheel. If you happen to get time to find your thread on it I'd greatly appreciate it. I'll try searching through the site to find it once I get to a computer (on phone as well). Thanks for the info!

Tex, I thought the pretty mastercraft would help the ladies look past the extra pound I've put on the last couple years. Took your advice and picked up a new pair o board shorts!

DoubleE7
09-01-2012, 01:56 PM
My wife did bring her computer so I was able to find your thread on testing Te paddle wheel. I'll give that a try and see what I find! Thanks for your help.

aswinter05
09-01-2012, 04:54 PM
No problem! I've yet to reset my perfect pass system (one of the troubleshooting tips). I don't know enough about the system. I'm scared I'll have to recalibrate the RPMs or something. That may not even be the case. We only slalom ski and I already know what speed corresponds to a given RPM reading. I'm hesitant to start changing things up I guess.

Sorry to briefly thread-jack, but does anyone know if I will need to recalibrate my RPM's on PP if I do a system reset? Thanks for the help, DoubleE7 and I need it!

GoneBoatN
09-01-2012, 07:01 PM
No problem! I've yet to reset my perfect pass system (one of the troubleshooting tips). I don't know enough about the system. I'm scared I'll have to recalibrate the RPMs or something. That may not even be the case. We only slalom ski and I already know what speed corresponds to a given RPM reading. I'm hesitant to start changing things up I guess.

Sorry to briefly thread-jack, but does anyone know if I will need to recalibrate my RPM's on PP if I do a system reset? Thanks for the help, DoubleE7 and I need it!

I know you can calibrate speed, in fact best to do so. I have not seen that you can/need to calibrate RPM.