PDA

View Full Version : To attempt to cover, or not to attempt to cover while trailering

mzimme
08-31-2012, 09:51 AM
So, I don't have a "real" cover. I'm driving through a hurricane today after work for about 4 hours. I went out and bought one of those cheapo wal-mart covers thinking it could just get me by, but I don't think I even want to mess with trying to keep the thing from flapping all over the place during my drive. Should I just say screw it, it's a boat, it can get wet? I don't have wood in the boat, so it's not going to hurt anything, but it'll probably be wet on the carpet for the next couple of days since I don't have a fan available or anything. Once I get it to the lake, I'll put it in a covered slip...

I'm thinking she's gonna get a bath. What would you do?

Matt@semmergroup.com
08-31-2012, 10:27 AM
Let it get we and don't even worry about it. Leave it out on the trailer in the sun to dry.

matt

Double D
08-31-2012, 10:34 AM
Leave it off and let it get wet. Even if I put my cover on it still gets wet.

ttu
08-31-2012, 10:34 AM
So, I don't have a "real" cover. I'm driving through a hurricane today after work for about 4 hours. I went out and bought one of those cheapo wal-mart covers thinking it could just get me by, but I don't think I even want to mess with trying to keep the thing from flapping all over the place during my drive. Should I just say screw it, it's a boat, it can get wet? I don't have wood in the boat, so it's not going to hurt anything, but it'll probably be wet on the carpet for the next couple of days since I don't have a fan available or anything. Once I get it to the lake, I'll put it in a covered slip...

I'm thinking she's gonna get a bath. What would you do?

just let it get wet. have fun at table rock!

mzimme
08-31-2012, 10:57 AM
just let it get wet. have fun at table rock!

Will do... hopefully the rain leaves sooner than later, but if all else fails we can just drink beer in the cabin. :D

JohnE
08-31-2012, 01:21 PM
Let it get wet.

mzimme
08-31-2012, 01:24 PM
The hurricane has moved into KC... wetness has begun.

JohnE
08-31-2012, 01:26 PM
Don't forget to pull the plug.

mzimme
08-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah, they're both out of it now. Normally I leave the rear one in, but I yanked that as well. Thanks

Latin Flyer
08-31-2012, 05:44 PM
It,s a boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevkan
08-31-2012, 09:17 PM
Don't forget to both plugs back in!

ttu
08-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah, they're both out of it now. Normally I leave the rear one in, but I yanked that as well. Thanks

well friends from springfield will be down on sunday and monday. if you are over by the course at little cow in a 04 tt red and white 190 tell them hi!! have fun, my favorite lake since the mid 70's.