PDA

View Full Version : Prop packing rope

buffskier
08-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Hey all,

Searched the forum for this and found nothing. Have an 84 S&S and need new prop packing rope. Mechanic tells me that he is having trouble finding any. Since a bunch of MC things were adapted from other uses, I thought maybe prop packing rope was too. Anybody know where I can find some?

Many thanks

thatsmrmastercraft
08-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Discount Inboard Marine has it. Go with the Gore-Tex version.

http://www.skidim.com/products.asp?dept=1032

Cloaked
08-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Hey all,

Searched the forum for this and found nothing. Have an 84 S&S and need new prop packing rope. Mechanic tells me that he is having trouble finding any. Since a bunch of MC things were adapted from other uses, I thought maybe prop packing rope was too. Anybody know where I can find some?

Many thanksWhy are you packing your prop with rope? Doesn't make sense...

thatsmrmastercraft
08-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Why are you packing your prop with rope? Doesn't make sense...

Everyone is a comedian. :rant:

Maybe he got tired of cutting ski ropes out and was looking for something cheaper and easier to cut. :rolleyes:

mayo93prostar
08-31-2012, 01:09 PM
I found some at West Marine on east cost and I have bought the goretex version from skidim. a marine store should have it but easy way is to order from skidim. get correct size for drive shaft which is different for power slot or not slot.

east tx skier
08-31-2012, 04:12 PM
If it's shaft packing, which transmission do you have. Different shaft diameter means different packing diameter.