PDA

View Full Version : 1977 Stars and Stripes Winter project or parts boat for sale

Martysboatworld
08-29-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm new here on Team Talk but not new to the boating community. My friend and I do a little salvaging in the Summer and this boat came in. It's just too cool to tear apart and a member suggested I list it here. It's 99% all there. V8 ford motor is not seized and turns over with a wrench. cushions are pretty much shot but all there for measuring new ones. nice brushed stainless dash with all instruments. Solid hull with no holes or other damage. Very dirty and will need total detailing. Custom float-on trailer with torsion bar axle. Previous owner needed it off his property fast and we never got the registration so no title. It's located in Greenwood Lake, NY. Southern Orange County on the NJ state line. Asking 2500. I know I can sell the parts for more than that and it's certainly negotiable as I have no emotional attachment to the boat and the trailer is also somewhat valuable. In case my email doesn't show here it's mrsc42@optonline.net Thanks for looking. Hope the pics show up.

Cloaked
08-30-2012, 06:46 PM
I'll take it for $2,500. Please send me a PM for my PayPal address for you to deposit $2,500 for me taking the boat off your hands.

Thank you.

:rolleyes:

Martysboatworld
08-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Well I strip boats everyday and it's not pretty watching a hull get minced by the pincers on a giant excavator. Very few of these were made and I'll definitely make much more by destroying it. Trying to have a heart here among those who might appreciate it but if not, send parts requests.

mikeg205
08-30-2012, 11:59 PM
so sad... abused and then killed.....

everything that has a beginning has an end....

madcityskier
08-31-2012, 01:06 AM
That poor boat. Sorry, but I don't even see 2,500 in parts there. Whoever owned that should be ashamed. And 2,500? You should be ashamed. Pirates are everywhere.

03geetee
08-31-2012, 07:40 AM
Mr. Mastercraft could use that windshield, PM him and make him a deal.

JTR

Martysboatworld
08-31-2012, 09:00 AM
Jeez guys. Take it easy on me. It's only an asking price. The decision to break it up or not will be made soon and posted here.

mzimme
08-31-2012, 09:09 AM
Honestly, I'd just break it up. There's some good parts there that some people could use, but you're looking at a full on restoration project with that boat, and you'd be lucky to get half of what you're asking for the complete boat. With the condition of the rest of the boat, you can rest assured that the stringers are rotted to high heaven, foam is waterlogged, floor is in need of replacement, full interior, full gel coat detail work... and that's just what you can see. The wiring more than likely has corrossion everywhere, guages are unknown on working condition, etc. People here will just be honest with you, as they're around these boats all the time. Nobody is going to try and hurt your feelings, but that boat is ROUGH, and $2,500 is a little steep. Hell, $1,200 might be steep.

Good luck on it, I'm sure that windshield could find a new home, the skegs, underwater gear, etc.

Martysboatworld
08-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Well I've been offered 1400 for just 2 parts. (trans and dash) That makes it hard to sell the whole boat. Remember, I am a salvager. I'll still have all the rest plus a trailer. If this was an early 80's bayliner I wouldn't even think twice about it.

mzimme
08-31-2012, 10:22 AM
I'd take that 1400...

03geetee
08-31-2012, 11:34 AM
I'd take that 1400...

And then go play the Lotto somewhere cuz is a lucky man!

JTR

strad
10-25-2012, 07:34 PM
To put this in perspective, two months ago I bought an 84 Powerslot for 2.5k. It had damage from a prop strike but was cosmetically very nice and it had a title. Parts to repair the prop strike cost me 1400. Labor was free. Don't get me wrong, your boat could be a good project for someone but I seriously think from a money perspective you the seller would be better off parting it.

bailey78
10-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Trailer is not worth anything to a Mastercraft owner!

ski_king
10-26-2012, 06:51 AM
Where are you located? I would like to make an offer on the platform and about 2 feet of the stern assuming it is intact.
I have been looking for one to make a bar of.