PDA

View Full Version : X1 keep hard tanks or replace. Need input

kalamalka
08-29-2012, 08:05 PM
Sorry, I understand that this topic has been beat to death. I've booked my winterization for Oct and the owner of the marine shop has been trying to get me to switch my 06 X1 rear hard tanks to 750 fly high sacs.

Here is my situation: I wakeskate 50% of the time and Surf the other 50% of the time. We use next to no ballast skating and we've been surfing with a full hard tank+ 350 on side rear locker, 750 behind driver seat and 450 on surfside nose. A nice wave.

I don't actually know how much my hard tank weighs?

What will this change do for my surf wave, what are the positives?

Are there any negatives at all? Do the fly high sacs drain as well as the hard tanks? Will the pumps work the same way for the fly high sacs?

Is this a normal upgrade, anybody have regrets?

I'm not a handy guy at all!! so I'd still like it to be easy to use.

Thanks again.

snork
08-29-2012, 09:18 PM
250# hard tank, easy switch out for sacks
get rid of those itty bitty tanks

bzettler83
08-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Get rid of the hard tanks!

I just switched over to the 750 sac's on my X30 and I was very impressed. Fill them half way to wakeboard, and fill the port side all the way to surf.

Such an easy upgrade, took be about 35 minutes.

kalamalka
08-29-2012, 10:21 PM
do they drain as well as the hard tanks do? what fittings am I going to need?

ttu
08-29-2012, 10:23 PM
wakemakers.com will have everything you need.

mccobmd
08-29-2012, 10:55 PM
I made this switch. You put standard hose fittings on the ends that come off the hard tanks. My 750's empty well. the only thing you have to watch is the divider may get pushed against the manifold. I made a thicker divider out of backer board. It greatly increases the storage and the size of the wake. you can fill the 750 and put a 150lb fat brick in there. If you don't use the storage under the seat on the starboard side and surf the starboard side I would think about an enzo sac on that side.

bzettler83
08-29-2012, 11:33 PM
I think it was called the tank buster kit. Came with everything I needed. You will need a Philips head screw driver and a hair dryer.

XtwentyNot
08-30-2012, 12:40 AM
I had 250# tanks that ate up all my storage and were a pain to pull in and out for engine service. Now I have two 1100# bags back there that when not in use take up no storage. I can pack the boat to go camping or if I need an extra cooler I can still utilize the extra space. They are durable enough to put stuff on so no worries there. With all quick release fittings they are easy to pop out for engine service and I never planned to take them out after each use to dry my boat but quickly got in the habit of doing so since its so easy.