PDA

View Full Version : 1999 205v total weight

morganb
08-29-2012, 04:53 AM
Hi guys

Anyone know the approx weight of a 205v on a single axel mastercraft trailer.

My company ute is being traded out for a Holden sportwagon commodore.

Thanks in advance

wakedoc
08-29-2012, 05:41 AM
My 2009 X1 weighs 1450kg dry, and the single axle trailer is supposed to weigh around 470kg (1920 total). Add a full tank of fuel (around 130kg) and some gear, I would suspect it is around 2200kg total. I haven't had mine over a weigh bridge, but tow with a Holden Colorado (capacity listed as 3000kg) without any problems.

I have no doubts that the Commodore would tow it - just have to be concerned about the insurance company and how they will deal with it if over the manufacturer recommendation. My insurance company was non-commital, and stated that if exceeding the rec contributed to an incident then I may be liable and not covered by the policy (not really much help).

Legally the only restriction in New Zealand is being able to stop in 7m from 30km/h on a straight, dry road.

mikeg205
08-29-2012, 08:01 AM
Boat weighs 2750lbs empty... http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/1999/Mastercraft-Boat-Co

trailer - You should have a sticker on it with its weight...you can email mastercraft to get that information...

morganb
08-30-2012, 12:23 AM
My 2009 X1 weighs 1450kg dry, and the single axle trailer is supposed to weigh around 470kg (1920 total). Add a full tank of fuel (around 130kg) and some gear, I would suspect it is around 2200kg total. I haven't had mine over a weigh bridge, but tow with a Holden Colorado (capacity listed as 3000kg) without any problems.

I have no doubts that the Commodore would tow it - just have to be concerned about the insurance company and how they will deal with it if over the manufacturer recommendation. My insurance company was non-commital, and stated that if exceeding the rec contributed to an incident then I may be liable and not covered by the policy (not really much help).

Legally the only restriction in New Zealand is being able to stop in 7m from 30km/h on a straight, dry road.

Awesome thanks.
I figured i was prob knocking on the 2000kg range.
the omega wagon has a max of 1600 but with the bigger engine 2100, so i take it that's just due to gearbox or something, stress on the auto. figure there is a bit of leeway on the ratings.
my main concern is the Hitch weight and Size, hopefully the wagon is not to soft in the rear.