PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Safety Collar is Stuck on my '07

Boobaychap
08-28-2012, 02:20 PM
The throttle safety collar on my '07 Maristar 215 SS is stuck in the up position--will not lock in neutral.

This is real safety issue because the boat can go into gear if you inadvertantly bump into the throttle while in neutral.

I believe this to be a corrosion problem and want to disassemble the throttle and inspect & lubricate it.

I'm looking for a manual with an exploded diagram. Picture of the throttle follows.

Can anyone identify the make and model or provide a link to the manual? All advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Boo Bay

milkmania
08-28-2012, 04:08 PM
The throttle safety collar on my '07 Maristar 215 SS is stuck in the up position--will not lock in neutral.

This is real safety issue because the boat can go into gear if you inadvertantly bump into the throttle while in neutral.

I believe this to be a corrosion problem and want to disassemble the throttle and inspect & lubricate it.

I'm looking for a manual with an exploded diagram. Picture of the throttle follows.

Can anyone identify the make and model or provide a link to the manual? All advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Boo Bay

only have knowledge of my 91
but, the ring had a connecting rod that went down the shaft to a pivot block... there was a spring around the shaft (can't remember whether spring was at top or bottom of rod)... the block pivoted in and out of a notch at the rotating part (forward and reverse)
disassembled, lubed it, added a stronger spring and reassembled

edit:
seems like the maker was Teleflex

look at page 10
http://www.teleflexmarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/MV2-instruction_manual.pdf