PDA

View Full Version : Sad Truth

ski/hunt
08-28-2012, 01:12 PM

Small Michigan newspaper editorial......

GoneBoatN
08-28-2012, 01:40 PM
I consider myself a moderate but I would have to agree so much with that editorial. In particular, law abiding citizens have no rights any more. Both parties are "old boy clubs" with little being done for the good of the people. Quite frankly all current politicians should be banned from politics and we should start over.

It can be amazing how strong this country can be at times but most times it seems like avarice and greed rules.

That sounds pretty radical but what is the alternative - wait until we implode?

gweaver
08-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Wonder what would happen if there was a one-term limit to all political office? When you consider the amount of time and money spent trying to get (re) elected, and the wheeling and dealing that goes on with special interest groups, it boggles the mind.
Or perhaps the political positions should go to people who don't want them- people who don't care about reelection, who won't pander to special interest groups to 'lock in that vote'. Just get in office and 'do the right thing'. Make this a better place to live while respecting the rights of the individual.

G

gid
08-28-2012, 04:56 PM
The problem with politics is politicians.

onejdgreen
08-28-2012, 05:42 PM
The problem with politics is politicians.

AMEN. Great editorial. Love this country, but not what is happening to it...

Double D
08-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Great editorial!!

Sent from my wife's old iPad using Tapatalk....

2RLAKE
08-28-2012, 07:04 PM
fantastic reading ski/hunt .. just had my kids read it ... very proud of my very conservative 14 year old who has read the constitution as well as bill of rights and fully understands what you posted

Skyskiguy
08-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Amen!

mikeg205
08-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Its politics not logic...ad the irony is most of these dummies go to the best schools that incubate ideologies that are unsustainable. The end result is a vote for an idealist...Obama or Romney in this case, when the problem truly lies in the congress.

Whatever, unfortunately I live in a state where my vote won't count...you can guess which way Illinois always goes.

Great editorial - wait - great observation of the fact. Now off to the Ron Paul thread.