PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart vacations to New Orleans

milkmania
09-02-2005, 01:48 AM
kinda ironic, Wal-Mart is still selling vacation packages to New Orleans:rolleyes:

http://walmart.vacationoutlet.com/s/v/results.asp?wdos=1025&SType=2&view=h&destcodetoadd=&desttoadd=&searchid=new&gateway=OKC%2COKLAHOMA%2520CITY%2C%2520OKLAHOMA%7C Oklahoma%2520City%2C%2520OK%2520%28OKC%29&destinationcode=MSY%7CNew%2520Orleans&departDate_year_month=2005%2F9&departDate_Day=9&returnDate_year_month=2005%2F9&returnDate_Day=16&PassengerAdultCount=2&wdos=3&pyh=300&submitform.x=&submitform.y=&submitform=Search&PassengerChildCount=0&childAge_1=-1&childAge_2=-1&childAge_3=-1

BrianM
09-02-2005, 01:58 AM
You can probably get a great deal now. ;) The accomadations are sub par and it doesn't include the world renowned food. You do however get to get up close and personal with the New Orleans Natives.:eek:

Edit: I'm from New Orleans I can talk all the smack about the city I want. They should be shooting to kill the hoods and looters.:mad:

JDK
09-02-2005, 02:15 AM
Edit: I'm from New Orleans I can talk all the smack about the city I want. They should be shooting to kill the hoods and looters.:mad:

(a) yes you can and (b) yes they should
but....... don't laugh at Walmart too much, as far as I've heard, they are providing a massive amount of help in the entire area affected by this storm.

milkmania
09-02-2005, 02:25 AM
NASHVILLE -- Fats Domino has been rescued from his New Orleans home and is doing well, according to his longtime agent, Al Embry. Domino's youngest son said his dad was taken by helicopter to a safe, undisclosed place along with his family, according to Embry. Embry said he last spoke to the singer Sunday, when Domino told him he planned to ride out Hurricane Katrina at his house in a low-lying area of the city with his wife and daughter. Embry said when he sees Domino he'll give him a hug, then a punch -- for not heeding his warning to leave town before the storm. Domino, 77, is known for the songs "Blueberry Hill" and "Ain't That A Shame." He has rarely appeared in public in recent years.

BrianM, please don't think I'm talking smack about New Orleans...
it is a VERY tragic situation down there and I cannot express the astonishment I feel for those folks down there:o

pilot02
09-02-2005, 09:49 AM
NASHVILLE -- Fats Domino has been rescued from his New Orleans home and is doing well, according to his longtime agent, Al Embry. Domino's youngest son said his dad was taken by helicopter to a safe, undisclosed place along with his family, according to Embry. Embry said he last spoke to the singer Sunday, when Domino told him he planned to ride out Hurricane Katrina at his house in a low-lying area of the city with his wife and daughter. Embry said when he sees Domino he'll give him a hug, then a punch -- for not heeding his warning to leave town before the storm. Domino, 77, is known for the songs "Blueberry Hill" and "Ain't That A Shame." He has rarely appeared in public in recent years.

BrianM, please don't think I'm talking smack about New Orleans...
it is a VERY tragic situation down there and I cannot express the astonishment I feel for those folks down there:o

I can promise ya you don't need to worry. NO definitely has a sense of humour and regardless of the catastrophe, it will be taken in stride....

BrianM PM me a number I can reach you at that's local to where you are now because I can't get through on you're cell. I think we're going to attempt to get in within the next 24 hrs to survey damage and take some basic supplies (gas, water, propane, canned goods) in for the neighbors that stayed. From the reports I've seen on the WWLTV forums it sounds like we fared pretty well with probably 2-3ft flooding in my sister's house but don't know about trees down. Sounds like my mom's stayed dry.

shepherd
09-02-2005, 10:19 AM
(a) yes you can and (b) yes they should
but....... don't laugh at Walmart too much, as far as I've heard, they are providing a massive amount of help in the entire area affected by this storm.

Yeah, and give a nod to Delta Airlines. I saw on the news this morning that they are evacuating people from NO for free and offering to take them anywhere in the country they want to go. Not bad for a bankrupt company...