PDA

View Full Version : remove the timers?

jammerdave
08-27-2012, 07:12 PM
can i remove my ballast timers? They are a pain in the a**- I don't want to spend 200 bucks for the 20 min ones, anyone done this? If so, How?

JBrew
08-27-2012, 07:36 PM
http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=50038&highlight=ballast+timers

problem solved

thamax
08-27-2012, 07:41 PM
what year is your boat cause older models -06 had relays from the factory. there are several threads skeeler had a good one he used 3 relays per a pump when u can use just 2 per a pump which i did and does work only thing is the led switch on your dash will not light up anymore. about $30 in parts 6 relays and 6 wiring sockets the only issue is that if a bag, line or tank starts to leak it could sink the boat without a automatic shutoff system so just keep a close eye when your loading water. If u understand dc electic systems and how to do wiring then this will be easy. here is a good thread to go through

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=22234&highlight=ballast+timer

jammerdave
08-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Awesome thanks!

BrooksfamX2
08-28-2012, 10:06 AM
can i remove my ballast timers? They are a pain in the a**- I don't want to spend 200 bucks for the 20 min ones, anyone done this? If so, How?

Yes, get them reprogrammed by tr6coug.......mine work great now...........:D

thamax
08-29-2012, 10:46 AM
on the reprogrammed timers will it work with add on bags cause the 20 mins timers would not at all it would think it lost prime and shutoff also if u run a series of bags say i have 3 on my surf side and then only run the bow and rear locker bags for wake boarding you have different fill times also my kgb pump is on a three way valves so i can load in under 6 mins either side for surf or wakeboarding when bow ballast is not needed and the that would cause it the pumps to see less load and shutoff so i did the relays and wow all my problems are gone also added a 3rd fill and drain port cause the port and starboard strave each other when loading

BrooksfamX2
08-29-2012, 11:22 AM
The reprogrammed timers are hard timed for a specific amount of time ( you can specify). On my X2 I have a piggyback bag on the port side. One time cycle fills the factory ballast. When it times out, I just toggle the switch again to fill the piggyback bag if I want it filled also. Being hard timed, you basically run the pumps manually. They will shut off after the programmed time to ensure you dont burn up the pumps. If you have huge bags, you may need to toggle the pumps a couple of times to fill completely. Works the same for emptying.

PM tr6coug if you need more info.

www.wakeblaster.com

tr6coug
08-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Reprogramming the timers essentially makes the ballast timers act like switches with a time-out feature. The timers do not monitor motor current or try to sense when a tank if empty. The switch lights still function also.

For example, if you have a tank (or series of tanks and bags) that normally takes 18 minutes, I can program the timers for 18 minutes. Then you turn them on and 18 minutes later they shut off automatically.