PDA

View Full Version : Parrish does it again?

Farmer Ted
09-02-2005, 12:32 AM
http://www.usawaterski.org/pages/divisions/3event/main.htm

Parrish Sets Pending Men's World Slalom Record

U.S. water ski athlete Chris Parrish set a pending Men's world slalom record of 1-1/2 buoys at 43 feet off Aug. 28 at the H2Osmosis Swerve Session at Trophy Lakes in Johns Island, S.C. The record is pending approval from the International Water Ski Federation's Technical Committee. Parrish holds the current world mark of 1-1/4 at 43 off.

Since this happened at Trophy Lakes is it safe to say this was done behind a MC?

Hopefully the boat path will be good this time!

Leroy
09-02-2005, 01:59 AM
I thought he had 2 at 43 off? But now I see that magazine I've been reading in the bathroom for the past month is worthless.....what boat did he run it on, just kidding, know it is the driver most likely.

After Chris Parrish ran an apparent world-record 2 at 43 off back in June, he posed with a big cardboard check for $25,000 from MasterCraft and an even bigger smile. Then in mid-August, the International Water Ski Federation denied the record, citing boat deviation. That wiped away both the 25 grand and the smile. But Parrish wasn't letting go of that very valuable piece of cardboard without a fight. On Aug. 28 at Trophy Lakes, he ran 1 ˝ at 43 off, besting his previous record of 1 1/4 at 43 off set in May and laying claim (again) to that check – pending approval, of course.

H20skeefreek
09-02-2005, 08:50 AM
It was behind a MC at trophy. there is video on trophy's website. Looked like 2@43 to me, and I think they said it was, but I guess that they reconsidered. looking at the video, he could've made more, but he sandbagged it. I guess he's leaving himself room to break it again next year.

Danimal
09-02-2005, 08:51 AM
What would constitute "boat deviation"? Speed or boat path? Are there any other disqualifying boat deviations?

André
09-02-2005, 09:14 AM
I think it was boat path.With Perfect Pass set up perfectly,i doubt there is much rerun cause by boat speed now...

H20skeefreek
09-02-2005, 09:23 AM
iwsf cited: boat deviation of >20cm. it was boat path.

BriEOD
09-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Trophy Lakes ONLY uses MC's.

Leroy
09-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Pictures I have seen of Chris are behind Ski Natique and Malibo. Article I read said boat deviation as there is a course requirement. Also said he was going to use a "strategy" on the record he run. Can you hear $25k each time he breaks it, plus the publicity of each record run. Smart thinking CHris!

maristarman
09-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Here's the link to the video.

http://www.h2osmosis.com/video/2_43.mov

I couldn't make out the boat, there was too much pixelization for me.

maristarman
09-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Here's a photo on their site...

Leroy
09-02-2005, 04:40 PM
So did you intentionally hold back this time?
Yeah, I definitely could've gone back to the wakes. I actually cut away from the wakes so I wouldn't get 2. I'm just trying to play my cards right.

Said this pix is from the first record.

Ric
09-02-2005, 05:49 PM
for real leroy?
I did not know he'd set a record behind a nautique at all :confused:

Leroy
09-02-2005, 06:05 PM
OK, think I figured it out.

That pix is in the WSM issue I've been reading page 32, and I just copied it off their site, says 4 at 41 off, think this is 2005 Masters. On page 50 he says he was so thrilled to break the record in a Malibu at Lake Hancock, that was 1 1/4. THen the run that was disqualified was 2 at 43 at Trophy lakes behind a Mastercraft.

Ric
09-02-2005, 06:26 PM
cool
maybe I should rephrase my statement to read "runnin up on" instead of "behind a"
damn that guy is good

Leroy
09-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Yes, he has too many records now! I think he will be the king for several years, 6' 5" height helps.

parks_jr_55
09-02-2005, 07:11 PM
He's a monster.
Doctor says I have good potential to reach the 6'5"/6'6"

Maybe I'll be good like him.

Leroy
09-03-2005, 07:35 AM
Introducing the next record setting Parks! It could happen!

My son's are headed that direction also the 17 yr old is 6' 3'' and the 14 yr old is 6' 1''.

phecksel
09-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Lets see if I understand this

if the boat deviates more then 20cm, the record doesn't count, but if the bouys move 18", it counts until someone challenges, LOL

H20skeefreek
09-06-2005, 05:04 PM
that is correct sir

PendO
09-08-2005, 02:01 AM
Pending WR's

http://www.usawaterski.org/pages/divisions/3event/2005AWSAPendingNationalRecords.pdf

Parish 1.5 @ 43 off, still not sure about the boat.

Ric
09-08-2005, 02:03 AM
Pending WR's

http://www.usawaterski.org/pages/divisions/3event/2005AWSAPendingNationalRecords.pdf

Parish 1.5 @ 43 off, still not sure about the boat.
that was in chucktown, so it has to be pulled by a prostar, right?

PendO
09-08-2005, 02:08 AM
that was in chucktown, so it has to be pulled by a prostar, right?

Rick-

Must be b/c it sounds like it is M/C's 25K up for grabs ... found this article at waterskimag.com http://www.waterskimag.com/article.jsp?ID=38534 ... funny that he admits to holding back;) What are the Bu' lovers gonna say now

Ric
09-08-2005, 02:15 AM
I looked again after posting & realized the 1.5 at chucktown is still not yet approved, nor disapproved

PendO
09-08-2005, 02:35 AM
Ric - on the skifly.com boards I found this

notasgood
(8/28/05 1:36 pm)
Reply Another pending record!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parrish does it again at Charleston. Behind another great North Carolina driver, Chris Eller, Mr. Parrish proves he has just plain figured out 41 off. Way to go to both Eller and Parrish as the new pending mark is 1.5 at 43!!!

apexanimal
(8/29/05 6:32 am)
Reply a great combo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
eller is a great driver... and parrish keeps showing that 41 isn't much to worry about when you have his height and skiing abilities. when parrish makes it out to 3 ball - we'll all know running 43 might become a reality!

trauty86
Unregistered User
(8/29/05 3:30 pm)
Reply A partner sport.
I just have to say that it is amazing to see records fall, approved or not. It is important that the boat be within a very tight margin. I know it is possible, and have done so myself, to give a buoy to a skier. This is something that a driver could do with a novice to boost confidence, and spark a full pass the next set.

But what we failed to realize all this time, or at least just casual fans, is that slalom is really a partner sport. In big-wall climbing, the lead climber may be significantly better than the partner that belays, but they are both integral parts to make the ascent. And even more so when trying to scale El Cap in one day. Just as Parrish holds the slalom record, Chris Eller will deserve an honorable mention, if not a record of his own for pulling the world record pass.

I do have a question though, it was brought up in the thread discussing CP's 2@43 that was not approved. If the boat gets yanked out of position by, say, 24 cm on the pull, will the skier have an advantage if the boat is back and centered by the time it reaches the next turn buoy? My gut says no, but I'll give USWA the benefit of the doubt they've been thinking about that longer than I have.

TRS1
(8/29/05 5:28 pm)
Reply Pending Record
Just a quick note.

As impressive as the pending record is.

Parrish ran 41, 2 out of the 3 rounds he skied this past weekend. That makes 4 out of 5 rounds he has skied here this year that he has run 41 off.

That is plain awesome skiing as far as I am concered.

Congrats on the record Chris as well as solid consistent skiing.

Tadd
tadd@h2osmosis.com
H2Osmosis Sports at Trophy Lakes

--other scores of note.
JB--4 @41.
Seth Stisher - 4.5 @ 39.
Thomas Moore - 2 @ 39.
Chet - .5 @ 41.

As soon as i have a chance, i will get all the scores posted.-ts

spectator
Unregistered User
(8/29/05 9:18 pm)
Reply Great Boat Driving!
What is with all the congrats with the boat driving? Maybe we should just attach the Drivers name to the record as a co-holder to the World Record. Why not add Perfect Pass a third party to the ownership. The driver is just doing his job. It's not an impossible task. Running 41 off is just about impossible. 99.9% of the skiers in the world can't even comprehend the task of 43. The congrats should go to the athlete that has tried as hard as Chris has for all this time. Otherwise, you are saying that he is just partially responsible. I'm sure that Chris feels that he could have run that behind many other competant drivers. It seems that the driver gets as much credit here as the skier.

It's good to see that Chris is a competant driver, but the congrats should go to the World Record Holder. This isn't to take away from the drivers great work, but we should applaud the athlete.

Congratulations Chris that is awesome SKIING!!!!

briankennedy91
(8/29/05 11:09 pm)
Reply Congrats World Record Holder
Congrats World Record Holder!
Congrats

Are you happy now spectator since Chris got his Congrats?

Way to go Chris E and Chris P.

Yours Truly,

Anonymous Poster

ncdriver
(8/30/05 12:29 pm)
Reply driving ability
you comented on why a big deal is made about the driving, 41 off has only been run 12 times, pulled by 5 total drivers, and 2 of those were turned down on path.
This kind of driving is so incredibly difficult, only a handfull of drivers are capable. So if you've never been in the boat, and experienced the pressure and stress, just shut the hell up and let us enjoy the moment with Chris Eller. Trust me, the attention won't last long

briankennedy91
(8/30/05 1:08 pm)
Reply Right On

Well put NCDriver! Well Put!

BK

hutch
Unregistered User
(8/30/05 1:11 pm)
Reply pending world record
What's with all the whining about congratulating the drivers on pulling a world record? Obviously some people don't have a clue what it takes to pull a skier through the slalom course, especially a world record run. The driver has a tremendous amount of stress on him knowing he can literally mess up a skiers hard work by driving an erratic course. It would be great if these guys would do driver clinics so regular joes could improve their driving skills. CONGRATULATIONS to all drivers who pull record capable tournaments for all your hard work on perfecting your trade. Of course congratulations to all the pro skiers for all their hard work and dedication.
WHAT AN AWESOME SPORT!!!!!!!!!!

Starsky
Unregistered User
(8/30/05 3:58 pm)
Reply right man
I totally agree with having these guys do driver clinics around the country.. I would pay just as much as a Florida record tournament to do so !

scotchipman
(8/31/05 5:51 pm)
Re: Another pending record!!!
What boat was used to pull this pending record?

briankennedy91
(8/31/05 8:43 pm)
Reply What Boat
The boat was a Master Craft.
BK

H20skeefreek
09-08-2005, 08:11 AM
Do you know what drives me nuts about this sport?? I'm 2 hours away from Trophy Lakes, and I had NO idea that CP was going to take another shot that weekend. If I had, I would have been there. We REALLY need to start publicizing this sport a little better.

and it was in fact behind a 197.

Ric
09-08-2005, 10:39 AM
We REALLY need to start publicizing this sport a little better.
I couldn't agree more
I'd MUCH rather spend $ to see skiing events over seeing some concert or seeing a "team" of overpaid premidonna's take the field somewhere anyday.

PendO
09-08-2005, 10:58 AM
I couldn't agree more
I'd MUCH rather spend $ to see skiing events over seeing some concert or seeing a "team" of overpaid premidonna's take the field somewhere anyday.

You'd think a pending world record would bring up a lot of information if you search on google for Chris Parrish World Record, but it doesn't ... alos, you'd think that there would have been a thread on here the day it happened, or the day after it happend, or maybe a PR ... guess we will have to be more on the ball and steal threads from other discussion boards;)

Ric
09-29-2005, 05:24 PM
IWSF Approves Parrish's World Slalom Record

The International Water Ski Federation's Technical Committee has ratified (http://www.usawaterski.org/index1.html) the pending Men's world slalom record of 1-1/2 buoys at 43 feet off set by U.S. water ski athlete Chris Parrish on Aug. 28 at the H2Osmosis Swerve Session at Trophy Lakes in Johns Island, S.C. The mark surpasses the old world mark of 1-1/4 buoys at 43 feet off that was held by Parrish.