PDA

View Full Version : 2012 GDIG software glitches

bcd
08-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Anyone else experiencing software glitches with their 2012 GDIG? I don't have the BIG display. Sometimes the ballast, cruise, and attitude plate work fine, other times, not so much. I was out Friday, and had almost every issue show up. Here's what I have happening:

Sometimes when I hit cruise on for surf or wake full, the ballast won't kick in to run. I have to turn it off and back on to get it to kick in.

Sometimes when I'm wakeboarding or surfing, the ballast will empty itself.

Sometimes when I turn ski mode on, the speed setting shows --, and won't let me adjust it. I have to kick it off and back on again.

One night the attitude plate wasn't coming down automatically for launch control (only occurred one night).

One day, the attitude plate was lowering on its own during surfing (only occurred one day).

I'd say something acts up about 20% of the time. I've gotten into the habit of everytime I fill/empty the ballast, I listen to hear the pumps kick in, which is a little annoying. I didn't check to see what software revision I've got, but it was updated this April. My 1 year warranty is almost up, and I think this would be under it (not the 3 yr portion). I'm going to talk to my dealer about it, but was wondering if anyone else was experiencing any of these same issues.

Specter
08-26-2012, 12:17 PM
I haven't had any of those issues (knock on wood) but you might want to ask your dealer about a software upgrade. Mine told me that a new version should be out any day now.