PDA

View Full Version : Good times with the PS190 (pics)

bridomine99
08-26-2012, 12:17 AM
A few pictures from last weekend that I couldn't help but share with folks who will appreciate these shots. Thank you MC for the spectaclar boat and good times with friends in the summer time!

LaRue
08-26-2012, 06:47 AM
Nice photos!

d2jp
08-26-2012, 08:00 AM
You can't have fun without bow seating, tower, speaker cans, and massive wake, what are you thinking!:D

Awesome photos!

bridomine99
08-26-2012, 08:37 AM
You can't have fun without bow seating, tower, speaker cans, and massive wake, what are you thinking!:D

Awesome photos!

lol, that is great.

Traxx822
08-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Love pictures.

surfacetension
08-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Who ever took those shots should be patted on the back, they coud use these in the MC book

2RLAKE
08-26-2012, 01:35 PM
great pictures ... wish i was at the lake this weekend

aswinter05
08-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Great shots!

onejdgreen
08-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Awesome pics!!!

broncotw
08-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Awesome pics....

76S&S
08-27-2012, 04:53 PM
What's with the extra ballast, that wake looks huge! You need to make those ladies wait on the dock next time....jk

bridomine99
08-27-2012, 10:50 PM
What's with the extra ballast, that wake looks huge! You need to make those ladies wait on the dock next time....jk

lol...

You know you are surrounded by guys that are nuts about sking when someone would suggest leaving the ladies on the dock due to the effect on the wake.

Since I pulled the MTS tank out of the bow to make room for a wakeboard I never use anymore, having the two 100lb gals might have been a good thing for the wake to balance out the driver weight ;)

DemolitionMan
08-27-2012, 11:30 PM
Nice Pics!!!

trickskier
08-28-2012, 06:49 AM
Great Pics - It's nice to see someone still ski's the old fashioned way!!! :D

epnault
08-28-2012, 07:10 AM
Brido,
Cool pics and nice skiing. My neighbors put a course out on the weekends and I got to try it once. It was very, very humbling. I free ski at 22 off and 34mph mainly because my wake stinks at anything longer or slower. I skied behind their boat in the course at 15 off at 28 mph. What a joke, only made it around 2 balls.

Is there anywhere in the twin cities to get some training and do you think I am too old, 38, to start learning how to ski courses? I grew up down hill snow ski racing so I got a bug after I tried it for the first time

Is that a lake near the cities?

BrooksfamX2
08-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Very nice!

DooSPX
08-29-2012, 09:26 AM
great pictures! I love them, slalom to its core. a CB 190, and a course!

TxsRiverRat
08-29-2012, 09:57 AM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=83360&stc=1&d=1345954584

Get the shoulders pointed towards the boat on your offside ;)

Great pics!

bridomine99
08-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Brido,
Cool pics and nice skiing. My neighbors put a course out on the weekends and I got to try it once. It was very, very humbling. I free ski at 22 off and 34mph mainly because my wake stinks at anything longer or slower. I skied behind their boat in the course at 15 off at 28 mph. What a joke, only made it around 2 balls.

Is there anywhere in the twin cities to get some training and do you think I am too old, 38, to start learning how to ski courses? I grew up down hill snow ski racing so I got a bug after I tried it for the first time

Is that a lake near the cities?

I am unfortunately the last person to speak about course skiing here on TT as I have only done it 3 or 4 times myself; however I can say without a doubt that my first experiences were just like you described. With some coaching from more experience friend; I squeaked my way through a handful of times last year on a long weekend (full lg) and got slowed down considerably this season with a rib injury (jumping the wake on the slalom ski after a great set...don't do that :)). However, got it done one more time a few weeks back when we were snapping the shots posted in this thread. Now healed up, I’m hoping to get one more shot at it tomorrow afternoon!

I would say get in touch with the guys at Midwest Mastercraft and they will get you pointed in the right direction. We were skiing my buddy’s portable course in the pictures on Woman Lake in northern MN. Personally, I know of at least one permanent course in the metro out in public water and would be willing to share if you shoot me a PM (just because I don't know all of the specifics on the club that maintains it I would rather not post it publicly). Alternatively, if you are interested in getting into it and want to do it at your own pace, look into the portable courses. They can truly be setup in under 30min out of the back of your ski boat and work well.

38 too old.... I bet there are lots of guys here on TT that would love to tell you how they are ripping up the course on short lines at ages much older than that.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!!

epnault
09-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Thank for the response Brido. Since I have a place to ski I wonder if it makes sense to just hire someone to ski with and give direction on how to ski properly. Do you think there are people in the twin cities that you can hire?

I will give the guys at MidWest a call too. Thanks.

phickman
09-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Great photos....looks like they came right from the Mastercraft brochure. Keep Sprayin' the banks. Paul