PDA

View Full Version : Must do's at Table Rock Lake?

MileHiGuy247
08-26-2012, 12:44 AM
It's been 15 years since we have visited but we are headed back in a week and wondered if anybody had some advise in what to see/do and what to avoid?

Thanks in advance!

TXMC-06X2
08-27-2012, 03:49 PM
My familiy and I go to Table Rock every year and stay on the lake at the Majestic Condos. They have a huge private dock with covered slips to keep your boat in and a pretty big open deck on the end so you can get some sun. On the lake itself you have the Branson Belle which is a dinner and show boat. It is an old school paddle wheeler and its HUGE. Its pretty cool to drive by this big thing in your little boat. Just passed where the Branson Belle docks on the lake there are some nice cliffs to jump off of too. This area on the lake is pretty close to the dam. I dont know where you are planning on staying, but we love this end of the lake.

TXMC-06X2
08-27-2012, 03:50 PM
I actually think the Majestic Condos burned down this summer. We were up there towards the end of June and I believe they have burned down since then. Ill double check that for you though!!

mzimme
08-27-2012, 04:06 PM
I'll be down there for labor day weekend. I mainly just do the rec boater thing during the day... do a little boozing with the friends, try to get out early to get some watersports in too. Otherwise, I'm still in party mode when i don't have to be a driver haha.

kevkan
08-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Where will you be staying milehighguy? I recommend the Shell Knob area.

chevy08bud
08-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Definately stay away from the Shell Knob area!

mzimme
08-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Definately stay away from the Shell Knob area!

Haha, you want all the good water to yourself? I'll be down at The Timbers this weekend.

MileHiGuy247
08-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Where will you be staying milehighguy? I recommend the Shell Knob area.

We are staying in a RV campground with some friends called Waters Edge. Not really sure what part of the lake this is on.

I need to investigate some more myself!

ttu
08-27-2012, 06:27 PM
We are staying in a RV campground with some friends called Waters Edge. Not really sure what part of the lake this is on.

I need to investigate some more myself!

that is going to be in kimberling city area. pretty much the middle of the lake.

kevkan
08-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Kimberling City is a bit more "happening" area of the lake. For that reason I generally avoid it. There is however, a major party cove down there, if you are into that stuff. I'm sure someone on TeamTalk can provide directions...