PDA

View Full Version : Saw this on the road today . . . lol

strad
08-25-2012, 08:09 PM
A bit off topic, but this was too good to not take pictures of. The boat is a Bayliner. I have no idea what the trailer is, but obviously intended for a much smaller and lighter boat.
http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/mgheffner/IMG_02201.jpg
This other pic shows how off-center the boat is on the trailer.

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/mgheffner/IMG_02182.jpg

He's about 15 miles from the lake at the point I took the photographs. Headed towards it. LOL.

Double D
08-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Naa, I'd say that was a Bayliner trailer. They suck as much as the boats. :)

zsqure
08-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Oh those old bay liners with the force/Chrysler outboard. Poor guy what a pos.

Cloaked
08-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Maybe that's all he or she can afford. A fun day at the lake is not necessarily determined by the boat and trailer....

strad
08-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Maybe that's all he or she can afford. A fun day at the lake is not necessarily determined by the boat and trailer....

Yeah the only thing that concerns me is the safety of that setup lol. It makes me nervous just having to drive nearby! Once he gets to the lake I'm sure he'll be fine.

Cloaked
08-25-2012, 10:52 PM
Yeah the only thing that concerns me is the safety of that setup lol. It makes me nervous just having to drive nearby! Once he gets to the lake I'm sure he'll be fine.
I think it all comes with the territory.... :D Just like a volkswagon towing a ski boat... No one cares about safety anymore.... There are numerous threads here that leave a lot to be desired with concerns for safety... Each to their own...

Saw this a few years back.....

petermegan
08-25-2012, 11:05 PM
[QUOTE=Cloaked;871790]Maybe that's all he or she can afford. A fun day at the lake is not necessarily determined by the boat and trailer....

Agreed, Hell I learnt to ski behind an I/O that was not as flash as that! Besides they are only a light boat and I think it looks like it is tied down. I bet there are people on this forum towing some rusty trailers under their boats.

Hey Cloaked I like the trailer post still hanging on the front of that boat on the Highway. The boat doesn't look to badly damaged, better than the drivers underwear I bet.:D
Have Fun.......

pram
08-26-2012, 03:36 AM
Naa, I'd say that was a Bayliner trailer. They suck as much as the boats. :)

Funny, my friend who has a bayliner that he bought new 6 years ago may argue with you about the suckage.

He has had zero, I mean zero problems with that boat

It runs good, wakeboards well, heck I even skied it a couple of weeks ago to try it out and I could ski behind it with no issues

I'd like to find one mastercraft owner who bought their boat new that can say the same thing when it comes to having zero problems with it

Brian B
08-26-2012, 01:14 PM
I had a Bayliner for years that I put 500 hours on, drove hard, put away wet, changed the oil, and drive oil once, and NEVER had a single issue with it.

Bought a Mastercraft and have something to work on every time I take it out! lol

silverblueBP
08-26-2012, 01:27 PM
I didn't buy my 96 new, but...

Since bringing the boat home in 07, the only work I've had to do is winterize and de-winterize. It's been the best boat I've ever had. Now, I just need to move off the gravel roads to cut down on the dirt!

pram
08-26-2012, 01:31 PM
I didn't buy my 96 new, but...

Since bringing the boat home in 07, the only work I've had to do is winterize and de-winterize. It's been the best boat I've ever had. Now, I just need to move off the gravel roads to cut down on the dirt!

and how is this relevant :rolleyes:

GoneBoatN
08-27-2012, 12:19 PM

I had a Bayliner for years that I put 500 hours on, drove hard, put away wet, changed the oil, and drive oil once, and NEVER had a single issue with it.

Bought a Mastercraft and have something to work on every time I take it out! lol

I too started with an I/O. A used Bayliner no less. The kids had a blast behind that boat.

ntidsl
08-27-2012, 12:29 PM
We had an 1985 Bayliner and I miss that boat to this day. Zero issues but we traded it in in 1999. We had 1500 hours on it. I remember practically bringing that boat to a stop when I skied hard.

CCAnderson
08-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Don't knock on the budget boat. I good day on the water is limited by your attitude not your equipment. I grew up behind a Maxum, Bayliners "high end" brother, and had a great time. that poor boat survived 3 teenagers/high schoolers/college kids and gave use very few issues depite being sank twice and constantly abused. Heck we stopped changing the oil for the last five years in hopes that the 5.0 would give out and we could upgrade to 5.7. Mom actually cried when it went to the newest owner.

If the old Maxum could tell stories it would lie to protect the guilty.

BrooksfamX2
08-27-2012, 01:25 PM
...... better to have "a" boat than no boat...........first boat bought when I was about 22 for $699.

My boat evolution before my X2

bjames
08-31-2012, 02:27 PM
I see some pretty old (1970s) boats on our lake that have obviously been very well cared for. There is one I see regularily that has the original brown/gold metal flake, 2 tone brown interior and mercury outboard all near mint condition. Actually it looks pretty impressive and I do have a lot of respect for those types of boat owners who maintain and charish their boats to keep them alive that long. I can only wish my 2012 X25 will last that long.

joyner1020
09-02-2012, 10:31 AM
1997 Bayliner Capri .. I never had a problem with this boat .. Really , in 15 years It never failed to crank on the first turn of the key .. Bayliners bad rep came from the wood floors they installed up til around 99/2000 when they switched to fiberglass ..As far as the motors go , mine had a chevy and it was top notch , even after being winterized all winter , she would fire up like a champ on the first turn of the key .. DONT GET ME WRONG , I LOVE MY MASTERCRAFT... It Pulls better , has more room , and has a much better wake ...But with all that being said :: I can honesty say the only thing ive done behind the mastercraft , that I couldnt do behind the bayliner was SURF ... It pulled skiers / footers / wakeboarders ..Not as well as the Mastercraft , but noone in my Family is a PRO , so we didnt care one bit !!

2 things that are certain :::

THE LEVEL OF FUN IM HAVING ON THE LAKE WITH MY FAMILY HASNT CHANGED FROM THE BAYLINER TO THE MASTERCRAFT ...

THE MAN UPSTAIRS CAN TAKE AWAY A MASTERCRAFT JUST AS FAST AS HE CAN TAKE AWAY A BAYLINER.... GO MAKE MEMORYS IN WHATEVER U CAN AFFORD ...! LIFE IS WAY TO SHORT .....

CCAnderson
09-04-2012, 05:05 PM
GO MAKE MEMORYS IN WHATEVER U CAN AFFORD ...! LIFE IS WAY TO SHORT .....

well said