PDA

View Full Version : Boat Moving Time!

tideengineer
08-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Well Isaac is on direct path to my home in 'Bama where the MC is hanging and Choctowhatchee Bay where the Catalina is tied up....this storm is really going to screw next week up pretty badly...plus I'm an engineer for the Power Company.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc392/tideengineer/hurricane.gif

CantRepeat
08-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Well Isaac is on direct path to my home in 'Bama where the MC is hanging and Choctowhatchee Bay where the Catalina is tied up....this storm is really going to screw next week up pretty badly...plus I'm an engineer for the Power Company.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc392/tideengineer/hurricane.gif

That's gonna mean some overtime for some folks for sure.

I hope it doesn't screw up the start of the season! At least they are playing in TX so that game should be fine.

LouisvilleFan
08-24-2012, 01:27 PM
you are going to be busy! hope it dies down...

mzimme
08-24-2012, 01:32 PM
where the Catalina is tied up....

The f***ing catalina wine mixer!

milkmania
08-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Republican National Convention likely to face bad weather even if Isaac tracks west (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/republican-national-convention-likely-to-face-bad-weather-even-if-isaac-tracks-west/2012/08/24/9d3f5376-edf6-11e1-afd8-097e90f99d05_story.html)

tideengineer
08-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Lots of OT and flight time in an OH-6. By Saturday should be on a break and can watch Auburn & Alabama play some foolsball. Going to batten down the hatches on the sailboat this weekend. It will be a beautiful weekend (calm before the storm).

tideengineer
08-24-2012, 01:36 PM

you d**n skippy!

I love skiing and wakeboarding...but I equally love being on the ocean too brother! A Catalina is the way to go!

mzimme
08-24-2012, 01:41 PM
you d**n skippy!

I love skiing and wakeboarding...but I equally love being on the ocean too brother! A Catalina is the way to go!

You ever seen the movie Step Brothers? That's where it came from... just reminded me of the f***ing catlina wine mixer.

I'd love to be on the coast for some sailing. Hard to beat the tranquility of a sailboat. Good luck getting everything out of harms way. Can you trailer that catalina?

BradleyV
08-24-2012, 02:07 PM

Now that is funny! :purplaugh

gotta_ski
08-24-2012, 02:19 PM
What size Catalina are you sailing tideengineer? We've been using a friend's Catalina 30 this summer and have been having amazing days on it. Can you ever have too many boats?

tideengineer
08-24-2012, 02:57 PM
You ever seen the movie Step Brothers? That's where it came from... just reminded me of the f***ing catlina wine mixer.

I'd love to be on the coast for some sailing. Hard to beat the tranquility of a sailboat. Good luck getting everything out of harms way. Can you trailer that catalina?

Oh I knew what you were talking about! Classic ending to a hilarious movie....what a bunch of idiots.

tideengineer
08-24-2012, 03:00 PM

no trailering the Catalina....she's a 34 footer. will wait until Monday and then take her east or west of the storm. Have someone do it for us.

tideengineer
08-24-2012, 03:03 PM
What size Catalina are you sailing tideengineer? We've been using a friend's Catalina 30 this summer and have been having amazing days on it. Can you ever have too many boats?

We have a Catalina 34. The 30 is a very nice boat too. Not too much difference other than a little more room. Where are you located and where do you sail? Our boat is in Niceville acoss tha Bay from Destin. Plenty of great water for day sailing. Have done some overnight trips to Pensacola and Orange Beach but requires a lot of motoring the waterways. Awesome time though. We are boat poor....MC, Catalina, pontoon, jet ski, and fishing....pitiful.

shepherd
08-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Right now, they're only predicting it will be a weak cat 1 storm. Too early to tell, but I hope they're right this time. :(

CantRepeat
08-24-2012, 03:46 PM
I don't know, Isaac looks pretty mellow.

Traxx822
08-24-2012, 06:01 PM

I mean ... its the F***ing Catalina wine mixer

shepherd
08-24-2012, 07:20 PM
I don't know, Isaac looks pretty mellow.

Cool...
In that case, I'll just have a Bahama Mama. With one of those little umbrellas in it. :cool:

BrooksfamX2
08-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Spent a week on a Catalina 36 some years ago....very nice boat.