PDA

View Full Version : Texas MC gets their first new Star!

Duane D
08-23-2012, 06:57 PM
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795185

Hawt!

TN X-45
08-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Sweet! Has anyone seen one with metalflake yet?

tommyadrian5
08-23-2012, 09:22 PM
3 screens to break!!!

BrooksfamX2
08-23-2012, 10:23 PM
pretty nice I must say...graphics suck......

tr6coug
08-24-2012, 12:07 AM
pretty nice I must say...graphics suck......

I agree. Nice boat, but I'm not big fan of "X" graphic. They could have been more creative on that one

lettmeknow
08-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Looks really expensive! Do you have to give away your first born?

mzimme
08-24-2012, 09:16 AM
I actually really like the graphics. Would be cool if they gave a PWT edition option... I like the "Mastercraft" along the sides on those boats.

MASTIQUE
08-24-2012, 10:10 AM
I love the graphics!!! Super cool And edgy! Sweet!!!!

TxsRiverRat
08-24-2012, 10:18 AM
you guys all tricked me - i thought you mean PROstar

lanep82
08-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Any idea of what that thing will actually sell for?

mzimme
08-24-2012, 10:28 AM
125-130k would be my guess..

moleson10
08-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Excellent pictures and pretty good color combo on that one. Still not a fan of the lines and they really need to work on the graphics. I'm sure it's striking in the flesh.

I don't understand why all the newer boats did away with the rear sun pad. I get that if gives more interior room but we really like the big pad on our 08 x*. It does eat up interior space but we don't pack the boat full of people and even if we did there's still a lot of room.

I hope this boat is a success, MC needs it and the industry in general does too. The style may grow on me in time and better graphics would go a long way.

mlawler34
08-24-2012, 11:21 AM
This one just arrived at Action Water Sports. Same exterior of the one that traveled some of the Midwest to dealers to show off, however, this one has the orange interior.

I personally am not in love with the graphics. I love the 80's look of the PWT stars. Would be a great option.

But those of you who are struggling with the lines you really just need to see it in person. I sat in the one that MC had traveling when it was at Action and was thoroughly impressed. The lines are great. Its a stunning boat that will be a show stopped for years.

The thing that pisses me off is how upset people (specifically wakeworld) get when you talk about the wake. They are just learning how to really get the weight right in this boat. The dealer told me straight up this is the most sensitive boat he has ever been on in regards to the weight. The slightest movement will make it wash to an extent. Which I could not believe how sensitive the previous generation is. But the wake is as advertised. MASSIVE. Wish i could have got a set in!

HMF007
08-24-2012, 11:27 AM
It's growing on me. The PWT edition is my favorite. Black/orange or Black/Neon green.

willyt
08-24-2012, 11:28 AM
The slightest movement will make it wash to an extent. Which I could not believe how sensitive the previous generation is.

not quite sure I'm following... I have an 07 star and its not sensitive at all (but i think you may have been saying that).

from people who have ACTUALLY ridden behind it, its getting some great reviews. I'm a little worried that because of the sensitivity... it'll go the way of the CC super air 220 (which is a great wake, but anyone in the boat moves 3 inches and it washes out (told this from a 220 owner, also a great rider)

bjames
08-24-2012, 11:32 AM
It's growing on me. The PWT edition is my favorite. Black/orange or Black/Neon green.

I agree, the all black with the green or orange accent as simple, but somewhat menacing.

mlawler34
08-24-2012, 11:36 AM
not quite sure I'm following... I have an 07 star and its not sensitive at all (but i think you may have been saying that).

from people who have ACTUALLY ridden behind it, its getting some great reviews. I'm a little worried that because of the sensitivity... it'll go the way of the CC super air 220 (which is a great wake, but anyone in the boat moves 3 inches and it washes out (told this from a 220 owner, also a great rider)

My 04 can be sensitive at times. The GF decided to move all 120 pounds of herself about 15 inches and washed out my landing last Friday. (but i think it is because of all the weight we had up front)

But yes, that is essentially what they were saying is once you had it dialed in don't move. haha. But they loved every minute of the time they spent behind it.

mlawler34
08-24-2012, 11:37 AM
And I am waiting to see one in all black with the orange accents above and the orange interior. That might be the one that really sells me. Or all black with the neon green!

TheWoons
08-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Asking price is $125k for the one at TX MC

mzimme
08-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Asking price is $125k for the one at TX MC

So given 20% markup... that could probably be had for 95-100k?

milkmania
08-24-2012, 11:47 AM
that front center medallion bugs me..... looks crooked

I know it might be the angle of the picture, but everything else looks proper:confused:

Kyle
08-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Crooked for sure

snork
08-24-2012, 02:30 PM
I could do without the embroidered badge it'll be pick in a year or two

bobx1
08-24-2012, 03:15 PM
So given 20% markup... that could probably be had for 95-100k?

Got to let the dealer pay his bills.

Hopefully all the bugs with the BIG system and power tower have been fixed in this release so hopefully the dealer wont be on the phone dealing with software problems and can pass some additional savings on to the consumer.

mzimme
08-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Got to let the dealer pay his bills.

Hopefully all the bugs with the BIG system and power tower have been fixed in this release so hopefully the dealer wont be on the phone dealing with software problems and can pass some additional savings on to the consumer.

My bills are more important than the dealers... ;)

willyt
08-24-2012, 03:33 PM
My 04 can be sensitive at times. The GF decided to move all 120 pounds of herself about 15 inches and washed out my landing last Friday. (but i think it is because of all the weight we had up front)

But yes, that is essentially what they were saying is once you had it dialed in don't move. haha. But they loved every minute of the time they spent behind it.

A few things:

1. you shouldn't mind washed out landings... Harley rode his old star short and slow and actually preferred the whitewash on the landings because it was softer. if you watch videos most of the pros land with a washed out landing wake.

2. weight up front should clean up the wake, not wash it out

3. maybe you're going too slow? I ride about 23 with full PWT ballast + KGB