PDA

View Full Version : Skiing near Ft. Bragg, NC?

jimmer2880
08-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Wow - it's been a while since I've been on here. I really need to start checking in more often.

I'm thinking about relocating to near the Ft. Bragg, NC area. However, it's going to be hard giving up my camper and lift dock on the river up here.

Does anyone know what the skiing scene is like around Ft. Bragg, NC? My nirvana, would be come kind of redneck camper club on a lake or river, where they allow lift docks, and won't cost a small fortune.

BriEOD
08-23-2012, 07:17 AM
Hey Jimmer,

I know there are some lakes in that area. I've got some acquaintances that live up that way and I'll ask them.

Cary K.
08-23-2012, 07:43 AM
I am not sure about course skiing, but for recreational skiing and boarding, this is a decent area.

-There is a cable park on base now
-The Cape Fear River is butter for miles, and only brackish closer to Wilmington.
-Cable park in Benson.
-Lake Waccamaw
-Baytree Lakes is a lake neighborhood, with a few lakes in it.
-Mike Smith had a private facility (was for sale) with a slalom tourney lake built there, Smith Ski Plantation, across the street from Baytree, which is only a few miles from White Lake,

kind of redneck camper club on a lake or river, where they allow lift docks, and won't cost a small fortune.

-White Lake is your place. There are some nicer homes there as well, but there is also a lot of summer use mobile homes. Small lake, terrible during mid day summer, but can be good mornings/evenings and off season.

jimmer2880
08-23-2012, 12:50 PM
I don't NEED a course, but one is always appreciated.

Been skiing on a river for 38 years. Butter is nice!

However, White lake looks nice!

Does anyone know of a campground, or club kind of place, that has seasonal lots and waterfront property? That's kind of what we have now, and would be ideal.

thank you again

I am not sure about course skiing, but for recreational skiing and boarding, this is a decent area.

-There is a cable park on base now
-The Cape Fear River is butter for miles, and only brackish closer to Wilmington.
-Cable park in Benson.
-Lake Waccamaw
-Baytree Lakes is a lake neighborhood, with a few lakes in it.
-Mike Smith had a private facility (was for sale) with a slalom tourney lake built there, Smith Ski Plantation, across the street from Baytree, which is only a few miles from White Lake,

-White Lake is your place. There are some nicer homes there as well, but there is also a lot of summer use mobile homes. Small lake, terrible during mid day summer, but can be good mornings/evenings and off season.