PDA

View Full Version : Free ski

zsqure
08-22-2012, 07:19 PM
My neighbor gave me this ski, a Connelly Rocket F973. It has high wrap bindings front and rear, size medium. Can someone tell me anything about this? I wear size 10.5-11 shoe, are the bindings too small?

snork
08-22-2012, 07:25 PM
douche it with some dish soap and give it a run

Cloaked
08-22-2012, 07:33 PM
My neighbor gave me this ski, a Connelly Rocket F973. It has high wrap bindings front and rear, size medium. Can someone tell me anything about this? I wear size 10.5-11 shoe, are the bindings too small?Stick in n the bathtub or under a water hose, put a shot of liquid soap in the boot and try it on.

Nice shoes :D

lettmeknow
08-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Dont know much about Connelly bindings but Im gonna say they are gonna run a bit on the small side. You will probably get them on, but they may hurt after a few passes on it. I believe the rocket is a mid range ski. Not high end but not a beginner either.

TxsRiverRat
08-23-2012, 01:10 PM
use it as the house ski for guests... get a ski thats been produced less than 25 years ago.

zsqure
08-23-2012, 04:41 PM
use it as the house ski for guests... get a ski thats been produced less than 25 years ago.

But it would be right at home in my 24 year old boat.

allycat
08-23-2012, 05:04 PM
give it a crack and see how it goes hay

MC209
08-23-2012, 08:43 PM
let us know how it ski's! she's almost vintage!

JohnnyB
08-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Med bindings will be small for your shoe size. The ski is a 1994 model yr. I had the same one when it was new....

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

Ski-me
08-24-2012, 08:42 AM
It's very tight but dooable. I had an old Jobe ski with a med binding.....SOOO hard to get into and definitely need soap. I could only stay in it for a short amount of time too but it was our first taste of a performance ski and definitely worth the pain!!

I also have a size 11 foot. Give it a go!

CCAnderson
08-24-2012, 09:22 AM
I had the same bindings on my Legend from the same year. The mediums will be very tight. That is a decent ski, I have ran the course on it several times. but certainly a modern carbon ski will be better. I'm willing to bet the resins have degraded over the years and it is not as stiff as it should be.

Double D
08-24-2012, 10:04 AM
I expect to see you trying that ski out on Sept 3rd! :toast:

zsqure
08-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Going to give it a go on Sunday. What do I do just lube up the foot and poke the piggies in? Never had a real set of bindings like this.

Double D
08-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Going to give it a go on Sunday. What do I do just lube up the foot and poke the piggies in? Never had a real set of bindings like this.

Where you headed Sunday?

Take liquid soap and either squirt and rub in the bindings or on your foot. Push in and hold on!! :D:D

zsqure
08-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Probably head to salt fork. But I am only one vote.

zsqure
08-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Got up on the ski today. Wow. I'm just sore from our kids vs adult soccer game yesterday. Couldn't do too much.

Double D
08-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Got up on the ski today. Wow. I'm just sore from our kids vs adult soccer game yesterday. Couldn't do too much.

How did the ski ride and the bindings feel?

mikeg205
08-27-2012, 11:53 AM

get some pure glycerin from walmart and add to dishsoap.... the glycerin wont rinse away as fast and if you dump...you'll have a better chance of slipping out of boot.

I have a pair 2012 Animals which I really like..darn tight...but the soap/glycerin/water mixture I made up gives me piece of mind and lets me push the envelope a bit more...

zsqure
08-27-2012, 06:50 PM
How did the ski ride and the bindings feel?

The bindings were snug but my foot slid right in with a little (lot of ) lube. Zack went first but could not get up on it. I managed to get up on the second try, it was weird, I felt confined on the ski, kind of like i was not able to turn it very well. The placement of my feet on the board are closer than the combo slalom I am used to. I had a lot of spray from the front, does that mean my stance is all wrong, too far back? I am looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say. There are multiple holes in the plates so it looks like they can be adjusted.

CCAnderson
08-30-2012, 02:43 PM
keep the bindings in the center hole. and look where the water is breaking under your front foot. It should break right under the ball of the foot. Keep in mind slalom skis are meant to be ridden on their edge not flat like a combo ski. I'm glad they put the back binding on combos so that more people learn to slalom but the design is completely different. people that spend too much time riding a combo as a slalom end up with bad form that has to be corrected when they graduate to a true slalom ski.

As far a lube goes. I prefer plain dish soap. When skiing tourneys I like the cheapest stuff I can find so it dissipates faster. I prefer to be one with my ski and not have it come off at all. the worst scenario is one foot in and one foot out which exposes you to twisted knees which are no fun. My wife makes fun of me because I hobble like an 80 yr old after sitting to long and I'm only 33. When free skiing I like the premium concentrate because it sticks around longer and I can ski until i'm tired without my feet starting to hurt.