PDA

View Full Version : Changing screen name

BradD
09-01-2005, 02:36 PM
When I first registered, I had no idea I would become active. I used the Isurf name based on a Hawaiian experience. I now would like to change the name if possible.

milkmania
09-01-2005, 02:42 PM
I've been on discussion forums in the past that allow you to change your "displayed" name to something other than your registered name...
That doesn't seem to be the case here:(

Maybe an Admin will be along shortly.

ski_king
09-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Me to......

Ryan
09-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Just ask TT Admin - I had him change mine a couple of years ago.

Alteczen
09-01-2005, 03:00 PM
The admin has the ability to change your user name. He can also turn on "screen names" that allow you to have a different name from your user name...

ski_king
09-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks Jason

milkmania
09-01-2005, 05:41 PM
The admin has the ability to change your user name. He can also turn on "screen names" that allow you to have a different name from your user name...

ahhh,
I see now:)

bigmac
09-01-2005, 05:57 PM
ahhh,
I see now:)

The administrator can change your registered name easily - I recommend you send him a PM.

Alternatively, you can always re-register under a different name. Of course, you'd lose your post count...

Ric
09-01-2005, 06:00 PM
I like my name

ski_king
09-01-2005, 06:19 PM
The administrator can change your registered name easily - I recommend you send him a PM.

Alternatively, you can always re-register under a different name. Of course, you'd lose your post count...
I tried regestering under a second name, but it will allow only one registration per email address.

bigmac
09-01-2005, 07:00 PM
I tried regestering under a second name, but it will allow only one registration per email address.

Oh. I guess TTAdmin has that ability disabled. Sorry.

In the vBulletin admin control panel, under "vBulletin Options" -> "User Registration Options" -> "Require Unique email addresses", they could set it to "No". Assuming they don't want to do that, your only other option then is to ask TTAdmin to change your user name, which he can do by going to your name in the User Manager and just simply changing the name. They can then update the counters so that your previous posts are switched over to your new name. It's a little bit of a hassle for him, especially since there are so many registered users on this board. Updating all the threads of a board this size can take a while.

As a last resort, you can just have TTAdmin delete your current account and you can re-register with different name after you've done so.

east tx skier
09-01-2005, 09:48 PM
So, why don't we come up with new names for Iskiwak. I vote "King Superman."

BriEOD
09-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Princess Sofia?? :purplaugh

shepherd
09-01-2005, 10:42 PM
ISurfedWaikiki

BigKahuna

ISurfTeamTalk

:smile:

ski_king
09-13-2005, 08:35 PM
I figured now that I have been using this fourm now for over 13 months, I might as well confuse everybody and change my name.

When I first signed up in July 04, I used the same name I registered under on a earlier version of the board. There wasn't much action on it back then and I wondered away and didn't come back until I stumbled on to it last July.

I soon came to realize most people are using a take of of there name, not the boat. Beside, I may upgrade to a newer MasterCraft on of these days. My last name is King and I got the nickname ski king back when I was a teen ager. I havent been a teenager for a few years now, but decided to use that name so I can feel like I did back then.

If I decide I don't like this name, I wonder if I can talk TTadmin into changing it again for me?

Probobley not.

Ric
09-13-2005, 08:39 PM
I figured now that I have been using this fourm now for over 13 months, I might as well confuse everybody and change my name.

When I first signed up in July 04, I used the same name I registered under on a earlier version of the board. There wasn't much action on it back then and I wondered away and didn't come back until I stumbled on to it last July.

I soon came to realize most people are using a take of of there name, not the boat. Beside, I may upgrade to a newer MasterCraft on of these days. My last name is King and I got the nickname ski king back when I was a teen ager. I havent been a teenager for a few years now, but decided to use that name so I can feel like I did back then.

If I decide I don't like this name, I wonder if I can talk TTadmin into changing it for me?

Probobley not.
he may change it as much as you want.......

for a fee :D

PointTaken
09-13-2005, 08:44 PM
he may change it as much as you want.......

for a fee :D
And if he doesn't change it, send me the fee and I will try my best to get it changed :D