PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a rental lake house in Austin?

Cobra Rob
08-22-2012, 01:27 PM
So it looks like the trip from Oregon to Austin is a go.

I am probably going to leave here on the 4/5th after labor day and drive down. My expected work schedule is 10th-26th ish depending on how things go. Probably have to be in the area for oncall if there are issues. It would be AWSOME if I could find a reasonable house on Lake Austin to rent that entire time but most are going to be just out of the range I could swing to get work to pay for....

I am looking to rent something for sure on either Austin, LBJ(most likely) or even Travis is the water is ok now.. the 27-30th. I am going to take some vacation the the next week or so after that as well, but I will be down in the Houston are by then.

I should have the weekends off if anyone wants to just ride or party. Might as well use it as much as possible after dragging across country. I only know a few people there and they probably won't be able to come out.

Now I just need to get another job in Texas and not have to drive back.

gts-20
08-22-2012, 03:23 PM
My parents live on Lake Austin, but last year for my 40th, my better half rented a house on the water for us for a week. We found it on VRBO.com. Here is the link

http://www.vrbo.com/253029

We really enjoyed it, and the owner was great to work with.

There are several other homes on the VRBO website on Lake Austin.

Cobra Rob
08-22-2012, 03:32 PM
My parents live on Lake Austin, but last year for my 40th, my better half rented a house on the water for us for a week. We found it on VRBO.com. Here is the link

http://www.vrbo.com/253029

We really enjoyed it, and the owner was great to work with.

There are several other homes on the VRBO website on Lake Austin.

I found a few on VRBO, homeaway and a few others.. I just figured I would ask here to help someone out before picking up a random one.

pmkkdx
08-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Lake LBJ would be a pretty good haul do drive to/from daily ... but ... you might look into either weekly or even a monthly rate (since it will be after Labor Day w/e and likely be winter rates).

http://www.rio-vista-resort.com/rio_vista_resort

could get a one bedroom villa for the month for $950 (if available) ...

~+~
"Monthly Rates

September 6th, 2012 thru December 31st, 2012

$950 plus electricity"
~+~

We are going there for a long Labor Day w/e (Fri-Mon) and renting one of the larger houses (mobile home) on waterfront with boat dock/lift (just not sure my X2 will fit). We have stayed there numerous times but normally take our travel trailer and rent an RV slot, still allows access to pool, hot tub, bathroom/shower facilities, game/rec room, fishing dock, boat ramp, BBQ pits, etc. ... but our family has outgrown our travel trailer for that duration of time.

just an idea

Cobra Rob
08-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Lake LBJ would be a pretty good haul do drive to/from daily ... but ... you might look into either weekly or even a monthly rate (since it will be after Labor Day w/e and likely be winter rates).

http://www.rio-vista-resort.com/rio_vista_resort

could get a one bedroom villa for the month for $950 (if available) ...

~+~
"Monthly Rates

September 6th, 2012 thru December 31st, 2012

$950 plus electricity"
~+~

We are going there for a long Labor Day w/e (Fri-Mon) and renting one of the larger houses (mobile home) on waterfront with boat dock/lift (just not sure my X2 will fit). We have stayed there numerous times but normally take our travel trailer and rent an RV slot, still allows access to pool, hot tub, bathroom/shower facilities, game/rec room, fishing dock, boat ramp, BBQ pits, etc. ... but our family has outgrown our travel trailer for that duration of time.

just an idea

Thanks..

Yeah LBJ would be too much of a haul during the first 2 weeks. It would work for my oncall and vacation time after though and doing a long weekend with parents that is 95% sure where we will go. The one day trips I will probably hit up something close to Houston.

If I could get a great deal on something on lake Austin I would make that trip though. Otherwise I am gonna just stay at a cheap hotel near where I am working 35/Palmer.

pmkkdx
08-22-2012, 06:27 PM
again, I would not leave my boat in a hotel parking lot in that area ... and you can park it at my place if you would prefer ... only about 20 minutes (not counting traffic) to the north, 5 minutes to ramp at lake Georgetown.

Cobra Rob
08-22-2012, 06:39 PM
again, I would not leave my boat in a hotel parking lot in that area ... and you can park it at my place if you would prefer ... only about 20 minutes (not counting traffic) to the north, 5 minutes to ramp at lake Georgetown.

I will be in touch :D We can work out a deal. If I don't leave it down in Houston at my parents that might be a good option. Just waiting to get 100% of the dates and details at work done.

pmkkdx
08-23-2012, 09:49 AM
just let me know ... ~18 miles from Parmer/IH35 ... I am only about 1.5 miles from IH35 with easy access, have about 5 acres at my house with a large gravel/dirt parking area where I keep my trailers, tractors, implements, etc. fairly hidden from view unless on my property.