PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Up the Driverside Surf wake for X45

Mastercraftdave
08-22-2012, 10:04 AM
I have been messing around with the wave all summer and havent found the best setup for the driverside surf wake. The port side is as clean as it gets but I ride on the other side.

For ballast I use the stock KGB filled to the side that im running it, then I have a 750 in each rear locker that I fill depending on which side im surfing. Like I mentioned before the port side is perfect however im havin a little trouble cleaning up the starboard side. I have been thinking about trying to just start riding the port side but I would rather not do that.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Cobra Rob
08-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Ours it MUCH better on port side too but I can get a clean wave for the annoyng goofy people too.

Run stock KGB full, Stock Starboard full, 1100 in rear locker and a 400 on the front seat right side in front of driver. Wake plate about 25% down from fully up and 12.5-13 MPH and it cleans up.

Ole Miss Rebels
08-22-2012, 12:07 PM
try filling ALL factory ballast and then weight the starboard side as mentioned above. the goal is to sink the entire boat as much as possible first and then to tilt it over by weighting the side you want to surf on. it is well-known that due to the rotation of the prop ALL mastercraft boats produce a cleaner wake on the port side as opposed to the starboard side.

Silverdawg
02-18-2014, 09:53 PM
Have to agree with what was posted above. I surf goofy and use all factory blast full, 750 fat sac, and surf tab fully deployed. I don't use wake plate normally but may tinker with it next time. Port side much better on my 2010 x45.