PDA

View Full Version : Looking at a used X45

mca1710
08-22-2012, 09:44 AM
I am looking at a used X45. Here is the description listed on for the boat:

350 hours 2009 Mastercraft X-45 with trailer in excellent condition and loaded with options. Owned and operated locally. This boat can handle 2 families and then some without sacrificing the performance your riders expect. Equipped with an Indmar LY6 400hp engine, Mastercraft tandem axle trailer, 3 hard ballast tanks, perfect pass, V-dig 3" heads up display, bimini top, mooring cover, bow ladder, bow anchor storage, 2 tower speakers with forward lights, amp and sub and the BEST driver's seat in the industry.

We are thinking about getting selling our Chaparral 220 and buying a Mastercraft. I have never owned a pure ski/wake boat and I am looking for any feedback that you might have. This is a 2009 with 350 hours on it. Is that too much for this type of boat. My current boat is 11 years old and only has 400 hours on it. I want to make sure that I don't have a bunch of maintenance cost to keep the engine running well.

If anyone else has done the switch from a traditional bow rider to a ski/wake boat I would like your thoughts.

Thanks for your help.

willyt
08-22-2012, 09:59 AM
for the hours part -
i have 470 on my xstar now.

i had 947 hours on my X2 when i sold it. talked to the new owners at masterbash down in Norris lake. they have close to 1200 on it now. I asked them how was it running... all they put in it was gas and changed the oil every now and then.

I'm sure more 45 owners will chime in, but i'm sure you'll love it

mzimme
08-22-2012, 10:04 AM
You'll find that wake and ski boats will have more hours than your average bowrider. Reason for this... people that buy a wakeboat like to wakeboard, so they use them a lot rather than just sitting around somewhere. The motors put in these boats are top knotch, and with regular maintenance you will see plenty of life out of that motor.

There's guys on here with 2500+ hours on their old 70's and 80's model year boats... If its been taken care of, you have nothing to worry about.

Mastercraftdave
08-22-2012, 10:43 AM
We purchased an X45 this summer and absolutely love it. The boat is huge and will accommodate a lot of people compared to your chaparral. Our Family has owned a few Chaparrals in our day. However the X45 will drive like a dream. 350 hr is not a lot if hours on a ski boat and a lot of people are going to tell you that. To some that is just breaking the boat in. They will run for ever from what I have been told if you keep it up and service it regularly.

The wake behind the X45 can be as big as you want it to and is one of the best on the market. The surf wake is great but I have never skied behind the boat. The X45 to me is one of the best boats in the MC line up and offers a variety of uses that you can’t go wrong with.

Cobra Rob
08-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Best layout in the lineup if you ask me.

Would not be concerned about the hours either. I would rather have a boat that was used and taken care of than one that sat and sat and sat. My 07 only has 260 hours but thats because when I bought it in 2010 it only had 55.