PDA

View Full Version : In the market for new boat, need a boat to make my mind up!

Romaswake
08-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Hey guys!

I dont know if some of you have seen my thread on transmission fluid in my hull, but long story short, my 2002 Maristar is dead and unfortunately leaving the family :( But this means its time for a new boat! I have been looking at a 2012 X-2 i really like and was wondering if anyone in the DC area has one or similar x series boat (X-15, X-25) that my dad and i could ride behind before making the big purchase. Unfortunately the only dealer in my area has no models in stock and wont for months, and I found an new 2012 X-2 on boat trader and the dealer has offered to freight it up to me for not that bad of a price. Thanks in advanced for any input or advice!

Spence

New06X1
08-21-2012, 10:41 PM
X-1's are the best hull design! For some reason they switched it up! Im in cali and u can come ride in my 2006 x-1 amytime this season. Its actually for sale for only $30000 and it has a brand new motor, interior, cd player and speakers, steering cable! All was done 4 months ago because i thought i was gonna love this boat and i dump money into everything i own but unfortunately i broke part of my back and its up for sale now to the first person with cash!

willyt
08-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Hey guys!

I dont know if some of you have seen my thread on transmission fluid in my hull, but long story short, my 2002 Maristar is dead and unfortunately leaving the family :( But this means its time for a new boat! I have been looking at a 2012 X-2 i really like and was wondering if anyone in the DC area has one or similar x series boat (X-15, X-25) that my dad and i could ride behind before making the big purchase. Unfortunately the only dealer in my area has no models in stock and wont for months, and I found an new 2012 X-2 on boat trader and the dealer has offered to freight it up to me for not that bad of a price. Thanks in advanced for any input or advice!

Spence

sucks about the maristar.

just a note on the boats you listed though, the X-2 and X-15 are pretty similar from what i understand, however the X25 is a completely different animal. it would be good to define your watersport needs before looking at the different boats.

I.E. dont even think about trying to ski behind a X25, while the X2 and X15 are serviceable for recreational skiing. X25 is going to have a better wakeboard wake then those two though.

bobx1
08-22-2012, 01:00 PM
I would spend $500 (or less) on airfare and go take a look at the boat and ride behind it in person. Small amount to spend for a big purchase.

ccelia
08-22-2012, 02:33 PM
There's an X-15 for sale in Fort Meade, MD which isn't too far from DC. Maybe you can check out that boat and ride behind it.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=33000

I know it looks a little faded in the pics but it would at least give you a good idea of how it rides and what the wake is like.