PDA

View Full Version : Drysuit storage?

bailey78
08-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Getting ready to transfer back down south, and just wandering the best way to store my drysuit? Hanging or folded in a plastic container? Will be stored until next spring or later depending on when I get back. Thanks in advance..

atlfootr
08-20-2012, 08:58 PM
I just' hang the two BI's we have unwrapped, occasionally (once a month) coat rubber seals of wrist, ankle and neck w/ Seal Saver.
I like this Dry Suit Seal Saver product best .... cost about 5-6 bucks per bottle vs new seals $$$$.

http://www.watersportswarehouse.co.uk/images/product/thumbnail/mcnett-seal-saver_MN-SAV.jpg
http://www.rescuetech1.com/drysuitsealsaver.aspx
Seal Saver™ Dry Suit Seal Conditioner

Product Info

Protects and conditions dry suit seals, gaskets, O-rings and rubber products.
Regular application of Seal Saver preserves and maintains latex and neoprene seals while inhibiting oxidation and deterioration.
Seal Saver provides a protective, high gloss finish.
Available in 1 1/4 oz.
Seal Saver™ protects and conditions dry suit seals, gaskets, O-rings and rubber products.
Regular application of Seal Saver preserves and maintains latex and neoprene seals while inhibiting oxidation and deterioration. Seal Saver provides a protective, high gloss finish.
• 100% silicone formula
• High gloss finish
• Preserves latex and neoprene seals
• Extends the life of gaskets and rubber products

Iskidaily
08-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Mine's 17 years old. I've kept it in a plastic garbage bag. not saying its the perfect way to do it, but will say that I wore it before my son was born, now he wears it too. Still has the same small leak in the back that its always had.

Latin Flyer
08-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Black heavy duty plastic bag full off baby powder.

CruisinGA
08-20-2012, 11:32 PM
What does the baby powder do?

LiquidForce
08-21-2012, 06:21 AM
Baby Powder will suck up any moisture avoiding mildew I suppose.

Latin Flyer
08-21-2012, 10:48 AM
I have no idea the chemicals effect, but it works!
Seals dont dry up, dont crack, they come out like new.

TxsRiverRat
08-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Being in Texas, I store my ski gear indoors when not in use. I found my binding overlays, drysuit, wetsuit and rope n handles all last longer.