PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Ski School

aswinter05
08-20-2012, 06:33 PM
My wife and I would like to take a trip sometime soon before the summer is over to a good ski school. We both slalom. We live in Indiana. Willing to travel within 5 hours.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions in the area? Greatly appreciated!

mckevin
08-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Coble Ski School in Lillington, NC. Awesome place, awesome people. And Mastercraft boats!

TOO-TALL
08-20-2012, 10:06 PM
the liquid edge. in farmers city,il

TxsRiverRat
08-21-2012, 12:38 PM
too bad u dont live near here, we'd coach you for a few beers :D

mikeg205
08-21-2012, 12:53 PM
there's also pine lake ski school in west bloomfield hills mi www.pinelakeskischool.com what kind of coaching do you need? beginner, intermediate, advanced, or and running a course?

McFire
08-21-2012, 02:24 PM
I only heard about this place this summer, and did not have the chance to check it out. It is run by Ty Oppenlander. The link has difficulty on my laptop, but my smart phone gets it with no problem. If you do go here, let us know what you think. www.tysskiacademy.com

aswinter05
08-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Were looking towards Coble at this point. Lots of people have commented about it. Has solid reviews. My wife needs beginner school and I need intermediate/advanced.

D3skier
08-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Coble Ski School in Lillington, NC. Awesome place, awesome people. And Mastercraft boats!

I second Coble... April is top notch and an awesome coach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgbOAbQ3Diw

ntidsl
08-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Look into the Lake in Columbus, Indiana. They have pros come in regularly for clinics. Very nice people. I wouldn't know of anyone closer to you. Just join AWSA and your state and you'll get emails with clinics. I ski on the Ohio River just down from Cincy and you are always welcome to meet up with us. I've watched you ski on youtube I think we could definitely help your techniques. I know a guy in Harrison Ohio on a private lake that I'm sure would work with you as well.

mckevin
08-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Last year my wife went to Coble and absolutely loved it. She had such a great experience that this year she took my 7 yr old daughter and my 5 yr old son. Also my wife's friend went and took her 9 yr old daughter and 7 yr old son. Everyone said it was the best trip they had been on. The 9yr girl can now slalom ski very well. My children are both very comfortable on two skis. When my daughter got over there, she told April (Coble), she just wanted to watch everyone else all week. Previously my daughter had ridden a skimmer a couple of times, and hated it. No experience on skis. I guess this prompted April to take a special interest in my daughter. By the end of the week, my girl was calling April, the miracle worker. I am most impressed with the care and professionalism of Coble ski school. We hope to go every year for a long time.

mmoffitt
08-22-2012, 05:00 PM
My family am I also had a good experience at Coble Ski School

aswinter05
08-22-2012, 09:50 PM
We booked the last week of the season at Coble. Thanks for everyone for the advice. Spa Week here we come!