PDA

View Full Version : 2012 X30 Lean?

JTNG
08-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Hey All, anyone have this problem? The X30 leans to the drivers side, without anyone in the boat. All our gear is stored to the passenger side, the only thing of any weight is the cooler full of ice and beer. It deffinently leans when I am driving (i'm 230lbs) and ends up messing up the wake for skiing and wakeboarding. My dealer has the boat now and has an email to the engineers at Mastercraft, but i thought i would put a post out to you guys to see if anyone else is having this problem. Hopefully the picture helps. Its hard to see, but the passenger side of the Platform is out of the water and the drivers side is touching the water. When i took the boat out of the lake the scum line is up about 2 inches higher on the drivers side than the passenger side? Thanks for any input.

Jason.H.
08-20-2012, 04:39 PM
I don't own a new boat with a built in ballast system but I have read on here that there is a ballast drain software issue with the 2012 system. Maybe your starboard tank isnt empty?

JTNG
08-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Yah, I thought the same thing? But I wouldnt think that even if the drivers side tank was half full that it would make it lean that much. The dealer is suppose to look at the tank and see how much if any water is still left in it.

Jonb1822
08-20-2012, 05:06 PM
I know it's not the same boat, but my X25 does this. The wake isn't impacted but the boat has a slight lean to the right when sitting still.

Specter
08-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Can you put the boat on a lift or trailer? If so, manually run your ballast pumps to see if they empty. Once they don't detect water they should shut off automatically. Listen closely and you'll know either way and can shut them off, otherwise you'll burn up the impellers.

My '12 X-30 has a similar issue which I believe is attributed to the hull shape. It's a bit more flat than other X models and is sensitive to weight. I pulled a friend on Saturday morning with no ballast and experienced the same issue. I filled the port side ballast to 9% and the wake cleaned up. For reference, I'm 170lbs.

Specter
08-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Also, I just noticed that your speakers appear to be covered. If so, where did you get the covers? I'm looking for some for the upcoming winter season. Thanks.

mzimme
08-20-2012, 05:21 PM
Also, I just noticed that your speakers appear to be covered. If so, where did you get the covers? I'm looking for some for the upcoming winter season. Thanks.

http://speakersox.com/

lettmeknow
08-20-2012, 05:22 PM
prop rotation would cause it a bit underway but while sitting still ?? maybe it was built on Monday :D

Double
08-20-2012, 05:26 PM
my x30 is the same way. I think it's the cooler and size of driver, along with all the driver controls that is the minor difference.

mzimme
08-20-2012, 05:27 PM
You play rap music? That's the gangster lean.

JTNG
08-20-2012, 05:28 PM
:D Yah, or Friday Afternoon?

Double
08-20-2012, 05:29 PM
a 750 in the port locker, a 750 in the seat and a 370 tube in the port coffin will fix the lean the other way8p

bjames
08-20-2012, 05:32 PM
My 2012 X25 leans slightly if its only me in the boat. Its just the boat is off ballance. If you have the 2012 BIG, it has the option of autolevel. It wont help when sitting still, but its designed to monitor the pitch & roll and use the surftabs to trim the boat to level.

Also ditto on ensuring the ballast tank is actually empty. With the design of the 2012 senderless system, you cant really tell how full the tanks are. Stupid in my books. However for 2013, senders are back.

JTNG
08-20-2012, 05:35 PM

Deffinently Speaker Sox. They have them pre made and ready to ship!

JTNG
08-20-2012, 05:36 PM
a 750 in the port locker, a 750 in the seat and a 370 tube in the port coffin will fix the lean the other way8p

Holy Cow!!!:D

Specter
08-20-2012, 05:47 PM

Good Lord! And I thought my 30 leaned with a 900lb sac in the port locker. Nice setup.

CLTMC
08-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Hey All, anyone have this problem? The X30 leans to the drivers side, without anyone in the boat. All our gear is stored to the passenger side, the only thing of any weight is the cooler full of ice and beer. It deffinently leans when I am driving (i'm 230lbs) and ends up messing up the wake for skiing and wakeboarding. My dealer has the boat now and has an email to the engineers at Mastercraft, but i thought i would put a post out to you guys to see if anyone else is having this problem. Hopefully the picture helps. Its hard to see, but the passenger side of the Platform is out of the water and the drivers side is touching the water. When i took the boat out of the lake the scum line is up about 2 inches higher on the drivers side than the passenger side? Thanks for any input.

We see this issue from time to time, usually a ballast issue. We have also came across a few 2012's where the ballast pump was wired backwards at the pump. Causing the driver ballast switch operation to be backwards. Screen will show draining when really filling.etc. Might want to get it checked out, you can knock on the tank with your hand to get an idea how much water may be in there if any. Will be an easy fix

JTNG
08-20-2012, 07:45 PM
I just heard from the dealer, and they checked the driver side ballast and it was empty! Gosh Dambit:D I was hoping for an easy fix!

Quinten
08-21-2012, 05:14 AM
Our X2 is leaning to the drivers side to when we are going straight.

Lucky26
08-21-2012, 07:18 AM
Which side are the batteries on? My boat leans to port just a touch, mainly I think due to the two batteries on that side.

Double
08-21-2012, 10:08 AM
batteries are on port side

FourFourty
08-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Both of my X25s have done this. I think it is mostly due to the starboard side having more controls, hoses, etc.... Especially if you have a heater, a cooler full of boat soda's, hydraulic steering, etc....

I know that just moving the cooler to the port side seems to balance the boat out. Which is what I will do if I am pulling a novice wakeboarder at a slower speed with only one other person on the boat.... At 20MPH or above, it doesnt effect the wake.

Double
08-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Both of my X25s have done this. I think it is mostly due to the starboard side having more controls, hoses, etc.... Especially if you have a heater, a cooler full of boat soda's, hydraulic steering, etc....

I know that just moving the cooler to the port side seems to balance the boat out. Which is what I will do if I am pulling a novice wakeboarder at a slower speed with only one other person on the boat.... At 20MPH or above, it doesnt effect the wake.

I agree, when my cooler is empty my boat loses that natural lean. I hate empty coolers though ;)

Bobbyt55
08-21-2012, 12:31 PM
I have an 2003 X30 and it has the same issue. No actual flaw just the way the weight sits. I'm a bit lighter than 230, but as far as I know most boats have one side that is a bit heavier. My solution is to fill the port ballast tank a bit, or if I'm pulling a boarder fully tanked up I dump a bit from the starboard tank to equalize. The easiest if I have a few people on board which is generally the case is to have them move around to the point where the wake is balanced.

Hope this eases your concern.

Quinten
08-21-2012, 01:28 PM
We only lean when we are cruising up 40km/h.

WakeRider107
08-21-2012, 06:22 PM
if you dont offset the weight of the driver most boats will be weighted uneven. easy fix is a flyhigh fat brick on the port seat (155lbs).
unfortunately, word on the street is a hull problem with the 2012 x30's

Double
08-21-2012, 06:27 PM
if you dont offset the weight of the driver most boats will be weighted uneven. easy fix is a flyhigh fat brick on the port seat (155lbs).
unfortunately, word on the street is a hull problem with the 2012 x30's

maybe, pic of me sitting idle. No ballast only me in the boat, you can see a right lean

mzimme
08-21-2012, 06:42 PM
It's gonna lean with just you in there...

WakeRider107
08-21-2012, 06:49 PM
i was referring to a lean while the boat is on plane. any boat of that length will lean with only a driver. my 230 leans with just me driving and im only 160