PDA

View Full Version : Don't sit on the bow of your boat while underway

willyt
08-20-2012, 11:12 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/08/20/girl-cut-by-propeller-after-falling-from-boat-on-georgia-lake/?test=latestnews

Also, it would not be advisable to knock over a beehive, carry an extension cord plugged into a non GFCI outlet into the water, or handle explosives if you don't have any experience

mikeg205
08-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Saw similar on Illinois River, kid sitting on bow...boat over loaded...pulling a tube and zig zagging hard on water...only thing keeping kid on bow was his grip...

Can't fix stupid!

bturner2
08-20-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm sure they'll be a multi million dollar law suit against the boat manufacture for not having a warning sticker and device to stop her from sitting on the bow.

Thrall
08-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Saw a couple people actually sitting on the bow of a cuddy, legs dangling over the bow, just holding the grab rail, last weekend. Boat was underway....stupid.
I don't see an issue with kids or people sitting in the bow as long as they're SITTING. My kids know the second they get up on their knees they don't get to sit in front any longer.

TayMC197
08-20-2012, 12:47 PM
If the boat doesn't have a bow sitting area, then its illegal to be on the bow of the boat while under way. its called "bow riding", I got hit with this in my 190. Everyone was in hte boat till we came to the marina, as I was docking up, I had a friend get on the bow to tie it off... apparently thats still a no no... I really don't care to have people in the bow while towing period. If just cruising I'm fine with it... While towing, it blocks my view and I'm turning, etc...

nkorep2
08-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Thats one of the quickest ways to get pulled over by FWC around here. Definitely can be very dangerous. Sure its fun to dangle your legs off the side, wont be so fun when you fall off, or get pulled off while underway by a wave or something. Im always on the lookout for passengers doing that.

richieboy
08-23-2012, 04:46 PM
You can't fix stupid.