PDA

View Full Version : x1 ballast options

kalamalka
08-20-2012, 02:17 AM
i ran into a guy today with the same year x1 (06) as me and he has 3 ballast tanks. i only have the two rear tanks. was this an option? Can i still have the extra tank put in? If so where would it be located? Im surfing with thr stock hard tank plus 350 in locker 155 on back corner of seat 600 on ground infront of seat and 400 in bow and ive dailed in the wave pretty well. Would this extra tank be worth putting in assuming it can be done? thanks a lot for the time guys

soacj
08-20-2012, 06:48 AM
Third factory "tank" was the keel line ballast bag in the floor ski locker. You mentioned 350Lb in the "locker" so it sounds like you've got it covered, unless you were referring to the rear compartment.

wato
08-20-2012, 09:46 AM
The front ballast is a must have in my opinion. It goes in the front ski locker, pump for it goes under the back seat on the side behind the drivers seat.

wato
08-20-2012, 09:47 AM
and yes it was an option. "KGB ballast up grade"

kalamalka
08-20-2012, 02:41 PM
I did mean the rear locker. how can i get this ballast put in? is it a hard tank?

ShawnB
08-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Also a lot of X1 owners remove the hard tanks and go with a 750# in the back storage compartments instead. Gives you more dry storage without the tanks there and a nice wake when you fill them up. Echo the above comments about forward weight. We had weight in the nose as well, the boat really likes a 60 (aft)/40 (fore) weight distribution.

Lennyp04
08-20-2012, 03:21 PM
When we re did our ballast system in our 07 X1 we went with 400 pound bags in each rear locker. We took the hard tanks out and made it so that it was still operated off the switches. Let me tell you that 800 pounds in the rear is more than enough. With no weight up front, the teak is 6 inches under water which is a little scary. We are going to put a bag in the ski locker and up front in the bow.

Since the Prostar 205v (X1) started as a Direct Drive when it came out as a 205, these boats actually prefer a 60/40 ratio with the heavier being in the nose due to the added weight of the rear engine. That's what the guy at Wakemakers told me, which by the way, is a great company and who I used when I did my ballast.

LouisvilleFan
08-20-2012, 06:12 PM
When we re did our ballast system in our 07 X1 we went with 400 pound bags in each rear locker. We took the hard tanks out and made it so that it was still operated off the switches. Let me tell you that 800 pounds in the rear is more than enough. With no weight up front, the teak is 6 inches under water which is a little scary. We are going to put a bag in the ski locker and up front in the bow.

Since the Prostar 205v (X1) started as a Direct Drive when it came out as a 205, these boats actually prefer a 60/40 ratio with the heavier being in the nose due to the added weight of the rear engine. That's what the guy at Wakemakers told me, which by the way, is a great company and who I used when I did my ballast.

Can you post some pictures I'd like to do that to my 07 X1. My wife will want to SEE it before she agrees to it...you know wifes! -lol

tcmercil
08-20-2012, 10:25 PM
I too did the same thing... I'll try to round up some photos... But I would highly recommend it!! Who wants to deal with extra sacs?? Need to plumb it i)n with the existing...

JRW160
08-20-2012, 10:35 PM
There are tons of threads on here regarding 205v hull ballast options. The KGB sac is hard to find. I was quoted around $450 to have a custom 80"x10"x10" sac made. The fly high tube sac will be about 70lbs less, but it's only $130. I run the 1000lb open bow traingle up front. I had the integrated bow sac, but at best it holds 300lbs or so up there, and it just wasn't enough. I pulled my hard tanks and put 750lbs bags in each locker. They come in handy for surfing, but I never fill them all the way for wakeboarding.

Traxx822
08-20-2012, 10:46 PM
you guys are talking big numbers :)