PDA

View Full Version : House distroyed by Katrina but I have my boat!

noose374
09-01-2005, 11:47 AM
My name is Tony Nuccio I'm 26 and I live in a camp on Lake Pontchartrain in Slidell, LA. The I-10 twinspan bridge is 1.5 miles east of my house. You may have seen the pictures of this bridge on TV. We evacuated sunday morning to Indanola, MS. It's about an hour northwest of Jackson. I am with my parents, two grandparents and an aunt and uncle. We managed to the essentials such as clothes, important papers and my boat. I had no choice but to pull my PS190 about 300mi with my Jeep Wrangler. Anyway, I'm not asking for a handout. I just job for a little while. It might be a month or more before the insurance comes through. The money is running short and our banks are also under water. I have been working at a small furniture store in Chalmette, LA for the past five years. I am in charge of deliveries, but I also work as a salesman. It is a small store with only six employees so we had to do it all (sales, warehouse, and delivery). I'm also in college student majoring in Sports Medicine. I'm not limited to furniture delivery, I can and will do anything to help my family out. I am in the Jackson, MS area now and will soon have a chance to go to Baton Rouge, LA. If anyone in any of these two areas can help me out with a job it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Tony Nuccio
noose374@excite.com
Also I'm trying to find my dad's boat. It was in the Slidell area about 3mi north of the lake. It is a green skiff with "SEAFOOL" really big on the side. I know it is a long shot but I'm trying.
Thanks

OhioProstar
09-01-2005, 11:52 AM
I hope someone can step up. Good Luck!!!

gene dobies
09-01-2005, 11:56 AM
My heart goes out to you.

Danimal
09-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Good Luck my friend. I hope all works out for. At the least, you still have your family intact.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family and eveyone in the devastated areas. I wish there was more I could do.

I know this isn't much, but my wife gave me a hard time because I filled my boat and truck with fuel last night and complained about the price. My wife and I have nothing to complain about. That being said... evey time we fill a vehicle now, we are matching it with a donation to the Red Cross. I would challenge eveyone to do the same. It's a small price to pay.

Footin
09-01-2005, 12:04 PM
You and your family will be in our prayers. As for a job, have you thought about going to a temp agency? I know the money probably will not be very good, but at least it would some income.
Best of luck from your entended family here at TT.

phecksel
09-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Our prayers and wishes are with you.

Can't even imagine in my worst nightmare what you must be going through. Nothing more important then family.

east tx skier
09-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Welcome, our thoughts are with you and your family. If I hear of anything, I'll certainly pass it along to you.

MarkP
09-01-2005, 12:57 PM
I sent some prayers. Glad your family is safe.

Have you thought about trying the hospitals for employment?? Support staff seems to be needed and good support staff almost impossible to find. I would think any hospital would jump at the chance to employ you as support staff, (monitor tech, secretary, aid) with hopes of retaining you once you complete your education..

Good luck man.

rodltg2
09-01-2005, 01:47 PM
hope evrything works out fot yiou and your family. i'd offer you a job delivering grnaite slabs but its in california, probably too far for you. good luck.

noose374
09-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Once we get settled in Baton Rouge I will go out and look for a job. I was just trying to get a jump on things. I'm heading to Alexandra tommorrow. Then on to BR next week. Bennetts Boat and Ski is 15 min from where we will be staying so that's a plus.
Thanks

bradamerry
09-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Prayers and well wishes to you...

All over the oilfield drilling contractors are looking for roughnecks. A green hand could start out at alround $14.00 an hour. Hard work, but a pay check. You could end up working anywhere from Texas to Mississippi.

Here is a start:

Greywolf Drilling Co.
Nabors Drilling Co.
Pioneer Drilling Co.
Patterson Drilling Co.

Alot of service companies are needed help as well.

Halliburton
BJ Services

Good luck.

West TN Wake
09-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Sorry bra or thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family especially. Keep your head up and FAITH WILL OVERCOME FEAR! Much love and good luck.

MasterCrafting
09-02-2005, 10:22 PM
If you can pull your boat with a wrangler 300 miles...you can make it through this bro!

Ryan
09-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Holy Crap! I'm glad you and your family are alright! I'll make a couple of calls on Tuesday and see what I can dig up. How close are you to finishing your degree?

noose374
09-05-2005, 02:22 PM
If you can pull your boat with a wrangler 300 miles...you can make it through this bro!
I'm actually up to about 560 miles right now. Never over 50mph. It's actually pretty smooth.

noose374
09-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Holy Crap! I'm glad you and your family are alright! I'll make a couple of calls on Tuesday and see what I can dig up. How close are you to finishing your degree?
Thanks. I'm three simesters from finishing. I should have my masters by now. I messed up when I first started college (who doesn't) but I didn't quit.

skiboy
09-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Our hearts are out to you and your family.

noose374
01-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Well I've been trying my hardest over the last 3 years to keep my PS190 but it's not possible. It's for sale in the Marketplace.

Leroy
01-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Sorry to hear that. Really nice looking boat, I'm sure it will not take long. Good luck.

Mikey
01-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Well, you tried, thats all you can do. Sorry to hear. You will be back in a MC again someday!

Ric
01-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Hang in there noose. That's a fine boat, but probably the last thing you need while you are trying to go to school etc and I cannot imagine the mess it's been relocating and or rebuilding after all that!

east tx skier
01-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Hang in there noose. That's a fine boat, but probably the last thing you need while you are trying to go to school etc and I cannot imagine the mess it's been relocating and or rebuilding after all that!

My thoughts exactly. Hang in there, buddy.