PDA

View Full Version : John Dorton purchases another company

TNH2oSkier
08-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Should read John Dorton instead of Randy.

I searched for info on here and could not find anything, but thought it would be of some interest. It Looks like Mr. Dorton doesn't want to leave the boat business. He has purchased controlling interest in Bryant Boats of Sweetwater TN.

Below is taken from a post on the bryant forum page, posted by Joe Bryant.

Hi Folks,

I want to let you know about some exciting news in the next chapter for Bryant Boats. My Dad and I have reached an agreement in terms with John Dorton to acquire a significant interest in Bryant Boats. Some of you know that John is the recently retired MasterCraft CEO who had a lot of success leading that company since 1996. John and I have known each other through that entire period, forming a great friendship. As he and I began discussing the possibility of him becoming involved in our company, we both believed that his past experience would be a great addition to all that we have built at Bryant.

Rest of the info.

http://bryantboatowners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6995&sid=d1fdd53ca2bf90d430a14677a23c2d4b

02ProstarSammyD
08-17-2012, 12:38 PM
wow to say the least

JohnE
08-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Fixed the title for you. You must be a WWE fan.:D Or live with one like I do....

TNH2oSkier
08-17-2012, 11:29 PM
I was told last night that he is going to take the Bryant name into the big time wakeboard scene, and sign some big time names.

rgardjr1
08-18-2012, 12:22 AM
I was told last night that he is going to take the Bryant name into the big time wakeboard scene, and sign some big time names.

Hard to believe Mastercraft didn't make him sign a no compete when he left. Kind of supports the forced retirement theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk