PDA

View Full Version : Any Homemade X7 ballast front covers?

georgea0731
09-01-2004, 01:51 AM
I'm going to make something to cover up the front of the ballast under our rear seat. I'm thinking about terry cloth curtain or may be plexiglass.
Anyone already done this or come up with something else?

Stritt
09-01-2004, 09:58 AM
I thought about plywood covered with same carpet as the floor. Attachment by using L- brackets....This would blend into the boat and still allow the back seat to be removed. I replaced the panel under the drivers foot rest in install the sub (using plywood covered with carpet using 3m spray adhesive). Factory installation had the Polk in "free air". It never really did much until I installed it into a sealed box. The sub came to life after that little upgrade.

mitch
09-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Love the x7, but what were they thinking w/ the bag on floor thing? Looks like was an afterthought :twocents: Mark's idea sounds like the best and cleanest solution

georgea0731
09-06-2004, 10:19 PM
I liked your idea so much that I made a prototype this weekend. I used white pine instead of plywood. Its lite and easy to work with. I'm checking with the MC dealer to see about matching the carpet in the boat. If its not too expensive then I will use carpet, if not then cheap vinyl or carpet for the trailer slatts.

aprgriggs
09-06-2004, 10:42 PM
I liked your idea so much that I made a prototype this weekend. I used white pine instead of plywood. Its lite and easy to work with. I'm checking with the MC dealer to see about matching the carpet in the boat. If its not too expensive then I will use carpet, if not then cheap vinyl or carpet for the trailer slatts.

wow, that looks clean. I believe MC corrected this on the 2005 models. I was looking at a X9 and they had a similar look under the seat. I didn't get a chance to check it out because it was still in shipping plastic. Anyway, you may check with you dealer they may have a solution now.

Good Luck