PDA

View Full Version : Lake Roosevelt Washington

JTNG
08-15-2012, 12:01 PM
I tried this in Off Topic but got no Response. Any Advice on what and what not to See? Going last week of August. Need to keep the 12 year old entertained. Rope Swings water slides etc... Staying at 2 rivers RV Park. Any advice would be helpful.:D

Thrall
08-15-2012, 02:06 PM
No advice, never been there, but interested to hear about the lake/trip.
We typically go back east to boat with friends each year, but seriously considering Roosevelt next year and having them come out west.

AirJunky
08-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Laser show at the dam on the west end of the lake on Saturday nights.
Pretty cool creek to run a kayak or paddleboard up near the Hawk Creek campground (west of 2 Rivers). You can paddle right up & get behind a small waterfall. On the way in there is some cool cliffs to dive off of.
Great water conditions near Porcupine Bay (a few miles NE on the Spokane River).
Wish I knew of more to tell you.

dboat
08-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Between Porcupine Bay and Two Rivers are camping spots and outhouses, and a floating outhouse. The water is nice, watch for deadheads, as they are lowering the water level. Full pool is 1290' and today it's 1283'.

brucemac
08-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Unfortunately, you won't find much in terms of entertainment for a 12 year old outside of watersports and fishing. Water conditions are phenomenal and scenery is absolutely amazing, especially after you get past Lincoln headed downriver. Check out the Whitestone area. It's haflway between Seven Bays and Keller Marinas. The laser show at the dam (unless it's been updated) is just "meh". Can't comment on the Spokane or anything up-river from Two Rivers, we always head downstream. Dboat's right about debris; be sure to keep an eye out, but I'll bet you'lll be fine. It's been slowly drawing down from 1288 since we were there a couple weeks back. It wasn't that bad. 1283 will yield a TON of beaches too. You're sure to find some great spots to setup day camps. We've been houseboating there for over 15 years. Be safe and have a blast!

Forrest-X45
08-16-2012, 03:58 PM
Not much to do around Two Rivers except watersports as Bruce mentioned. The water temp is warmer if you head up the Spokane, at least it was the end of July when we were there. Just be on the watch for floating debris on the Spokane.
Just got back from Banks on Tuesday.....new dam show for next summer. They better keep Neil Diamond. :) :)

brucemac
08-16-2012, 04:53 PM
Forrest

How was Banks? I'm headed there tomorrow. Looks like it's going to be a cooker!

Forrest-X45
08-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Forrest

How was Banks? I'm headed there tomorrow. Looks like it's going to be a cooker!

Hey Bruce,

Banks was amazing, mid 90's everyday with zero wind. We had perfect water everyday and the water temp was perfect - boat said 80. Bugs are bad but who cares when you had conditions like we did. It was an epic trip! We burned about $1000 in gas and it was worth every cent. :headbang: I need to take even more gas jugs next year.

Have a great time on your trip!!

BMG
08-17-2012, 12:00 AM
Between Porcupine Bay and Two Rivers are camping spots and outhouses, and a floating outhouse. The water is nice, watch for deadheads, as they are lowering the water level. Full pool is 1290' and today it's 1283'.

You should not need to worry about deadheads at 1283. There are some shallow areas on the Spokane river but its all sandbar. 1283 is actually very high. Usually by labor day weekend its high is 1270's to 1280's. 4th of July weekend the level is always high at full pool. Memorial Day weekend its usually barely launch-able I think around 1250- ish. Never once seen or hit a deadhead on the river.

By the way the water slide usually runs 4th of July weekend and Labor Day weekend I've heard rumors that it has been shut down by authorities. Not sure how much truth there is to that.

JTNG
08-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Thanks everyone for the input! Still have one week before we leave. At work for the week physically but not mentally!:D