PDA

View Full Version : how to keep the rear deck vinyl from being damaged?

wheelerd
08-15-2012, 02:50 AM
I'm considering picking up a V-drive and I'm wondering what you other V-drive owners do to keep the rear deck from getting torn and scuffed . . . what with all the people and equipment (with sharp edges and fins) going back and forth from the passenger area to the swim platform.

ntidsl
08-15-2012, 07:31 AM
I have a friend with a go fast boat and he alwasy keep moving blankets around for thisgs like that...loading the boat, unloading the boat, etc...

CruisinGA
08-15-2012, 07:50 AM
11 years on the original sunpad, lots of climbing back and forth, no OCD preventative behavior, very little noticeable wear.

Just enjoy it. :D

TLR67
08-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Climb over and no standing..... Problem solved....

BrooksfamX2
08-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Just be careful, no shoes, towels down when loading and unloading gear (coolers), no horse play on deck, fins always up...........

TxsRiverRat
08-15-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm considering picking up a V-drive and I'm wondering what you other V-drive owners do to keep the rear deck from getting torn and scuffed . . . what with all the people and equipment (with sharp edges and fins) going back and forth from the passenger area to the swim platform.

I took the entire back seat out of my PS205 about 4 years ago and in tha boat stall it sits collecting dust.

bjames
08-15-2012, 11:35 AM
I purchased a couple of bath matts that have the rubber backing to use as stepping matts. We usually board people from the starboard side rear seat (behind the tower). Just lay down the matt in the corner seat, the rubber backing prevents slip and you can get just about any color if you want to match it up with your boat.

Brian B
08-15-2012, 11:47 AM
11 years on the original sunpad, lots of climbing back and forth, no OCD preventative behavior, very little noticeable wear.

^ This

onewheat
08-15-2012, 11:36 PM
No shoes, don't drag a cooler or board fins - other than that, nothing. Still looks like new after 6 summers and 500 hours. It gets walked on, danced on, etc. All good!

cpr05xtr
08-16-2012, 11:37 AM

^ This

agreed

ntidsl
08-16-2012, 12:18 PM
The bathroom rug with rubber backing is a fantastic idea. Just ordered a nice one from Amazon, actually two...one huge one for the dock and one small one for the boat. My son and wife have a tendency to step onto the side of the boat then into the boat. I will place on side of boat, above rub rail to allow them to step safely onto the boat. Usually the boat is so glossy even with dry feet they could slip. I don't risk stepping on the fiberglass but my legs are long enough to step down into boat.

aswinter05
08-16-2012, 12:25 PM
We always climb over the back deck or slide over it. No standing. I always tell people not to put their feet on it. More weight dispersion is the key. Our back sundeck/ski closet looks perfect with no scuffs or tears and it's coming up on 9 years old.

When you tell guests not to stand on it you sometimes sound like a tool, but usually no one complains when they realize how nice of a boat you own :)

wheelerd
08-17-2012, 12:19 AM
Thanks for all the great suggestions.
I'm really close to closing a deal on an X2 so I'll put your advice to good use.

medicmoose
08-17-2012, 09:01 AM
With mine just sitting in the driveway the boat is suffering no damage at all! 2008 with 110 hours...something has to be wrong :rolleyes:

pram
08-17-2012, 11:35 AM
With mine just sitting in the driveway the boat is suffering no damage at all! 2008 with 110 hours...something has to be wrong :rolleyes:

very sad, get out on that boat and use it

things are gonna seize up on it :D

wheelerd
08-19-2012, 02:42 AM
We usually board people from the starboard side rear seat (behind the tower). Sound like a good plan. The starboard corner seat on the 05 X2 I'm looking at is just a small square cushion, so it would be easier to reupholster that if need be. Then, back and forth to the swim step via the starboard locker cover. Again, it doesn't have the fancy stitching and inserts of the engine cover, so would be easier to replace if need be.