PDA

View Full Version : What size bearing buddies?

Jason.H.
08-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Hello all, I have a 1990 tristar 190 with original single axle trailer. Hubs are six lug and it has bearing buddies on it. I want to repack the bearings before I go on a long road trip and from what I have read the bearing buddies need to be replaced once you pound them off. Does anyone know what size bearing buddy these trailers usually take? I have never repacked bearings before so if anyone has any other tips, let me know. Thanks!

millpondkid
08-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Hmm not sure where you heard you can't reuse. Just tap down on top side with rubber mallet rotate and keep tapping til it works its way off. I just replaced my bearings, seals and races and reused my buddies after a good cleaning. Iv put on about 1000 miles with no issues.

Jason.H.
08-14-2012, 03:17 PM
I read that a few people had issues with them falling off while under way after reinstalling them. I guess as long as its a tight fit when they are reinstalled it should be fine.

TxsRiverRat
08-14-2012, 03:21 PM
they are a cheap item, buy new ones. I do not recall which ones I have but I will be out that way toniight or Thursday and can look

millpondkid
08-14-2012, 11:07 PM
they proly fell off because they werent installed all the way. i had a shop light to insure it was completely in. sorry dont mean to skirt your question..they are rather cheap to buy new.