PDA

View Full Version : Broken Bow Lake information needed

milkmania
08-31-2005, 04:31 PM
Bucky, or any of you guys down on Broken Bow lake...
where's the best place to launch? coming from the north.
One MC owner was telling me he usually launches around Stephen's Gap

Been awhile since I've been to that lake

bradamerry
08-31-2005, 04:33 PM
Bucky, or any of you guys down on Broken Bow lake...
where's the best place to launch? coming from the north.
One MC owner was telling me he usually launches around Stephen's Gap

Been awhile since I've been to that lake
From the lake's dam, head east for about 70 miles to Self Creek on LAKE GREESON!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

milkmania
08-31-2005, 05:49 PM
From the lake's dam, head east for about 70 miles to Self Creek on LAKE GREESON!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

ahem!
are you paying for the gas?!?!?!:rant:

I didn't think so:uglyhamme

I would love to come down there, but these fuel prices are limiting me to only bringing the boat to the lake and leaving the camper at home:(

two tow vehicles and a boat.....
prolly $600.00 in fuel

jraben8
08-31-2005, 05:53 PM
I went up in mid-July and used the marina by the dam at the southern end of the lake. The only possible bad thing that I could find about it was the tow vehicle parking situation if it got crowded. It's quite a walk if you're more than about the 10th person to launch. Other than that it was a great facility.

milkmania
08-31-2005, 05:57 PM
a regular bass fisherman was telling me the lake is down between 10 and 12 feet.....
have been unable to confirm this:(

jraben8
08-31-2005, 06:01 PM
From the levels that I saw on my depth meter, 10-12 feet isn't much in that lake. The gas dock is about 30-40 feet from the launch ramp and the depth there was in the mid 50's. I didn't notice many places where it was much less than that but I don't have a lot of experience on that lake either.

jraben8
08-31-2005, 06:04 PM
We were actually planning a trip back to Broken Bow in mid September but lucked into a cabin on the water at Possum Kingdom (west of Ft.Worth).

Gofast
08-31-2005, 08:30 PM
I am going to be there this weekend. The lake is deep, I had to buy an extra 100' rope to add to my anchor for when we were hanging out at the cliffs.

I got a slip for the weekend, so I'm not to worried about parking. Swing by and say hello if you see us out there. I think it's the Malibu Owners weekend too. So it would be nice seeing a fellow MC boat.

Thanks Rob

milkmania
08-31-2005, 09:38 PM
I am going to be there this weekend. The lake is deep, I had to buy an extra 100' rope to add to my anchor for when we were hanging out at the cliffs.

I got a slip for the weekend, so I'm not to worried about parking. Swing by and say hello if you see us out there. I think it's the Malibu Owners weekend too. So it would be nice seeing a fellow MC boat.

Thanks Rob

I'll look for you if we make it down there....
the wife is whining about fuel prices and the water temperature:rolleyes:

anybody know what the actual water temp is?

my boat pic is in my signature

Gofast
08-31-2005, 11:05 PM
Broken Bow: August 23. Elevation 12 ft. below normal and water temp 89. Largemouth bass and spotted bass fair on the channels. Crappie slow at 25-35 ft. around brush. Report submitted Dru Polk, state game warden stationed in McCurtain County.

Water temp should be fine. I'm bringing paddles and we are all going to paddle out to the ski area. Less food more money for gas on this trip.

Rob