PDA

View Full Version : Can i ask this to the dealer?

Latin Flyer
08-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Long story short:
Cruise control, ballast, water temp went crazy on my new 2012 x2 just purchased boat where i have put 80 hrs already.
Went to the dealer, it,s fix.
Firt time out, one of the ballast is not working properly (shows empty when it,s not).

For me to go to the dealer and back is a half a day of work.

Question, can I ask the dealer to come to me at his expense?

I know they will honor the warranty, but that is really not the point here. The freaking ballast, cruise system is not even funny anymore! I have the one that shows on the small screen only.

Thanks for the input gang, and i need an aswer pronto, i,m calling forst thing in the AM.

mikeg205
08-13-2012, 11:12 PM
You can always ask... so sorry for the troubles...darn... :(.. hope dealer takes care of you. I would be frustrated too.

bjames
08-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Long story short:
Cruise control, ballast, water temp went crazy on my new 2012 x2 just purchased boat where i have put 80 hrs already.
Went to the dealer, it,s fix.
Firt time out, one of the ballast is not working properly (shows empty when it,s not).

For me to go to the dealer and back is a half a day of work.

Question, can I ask the dealer to come to me at his expense?

I know they will honor the warranty, but that is really not the point here. The freaking ballast, cruise system is not even funny anymore! I have the one that shows on the small screen only.

Thanks for the input gang, and i need an aswer pronto, i,m calling forst thing in the AM.

FYI.. not sure if your dealer told you this, but what your experiencing (ballast going from 100% to 0% before the bags are empty) is due to a software glitch. I was told by my dealer (who is one of the largest MC dealers worldwide) that a software update is in the works. NO ETA yet. I would maybe discuss this with your service manager by phone first, then once they have the update, then take your boat in then. Dont worry, I have the same issues, but I know it will get fixed.;)

Latin Flyer
08-14-2012, 10:45 PM
I think it has to do with the impeller. The noise from that pump (outisde the water) is completly different than from the other 2. Anywho, he said he,d meet me half way. Works for me, at least i know he will be in the same rush than me to get it done fast.

Keep you posted.