PDA

View Full Version : Heater craft

blackTT
08-13-2012, 10:22 PM
Does anyone know where I can get parts for heaters in Australia? Or a email address for heatercraft so I can email them. I cant find a email address on their site and I don't know area country or area code or even time differences to call them?

Cloaked
08-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Does anyone know where I can get parts for heaters in Australia? Or a email address for heatercraft so I can email them. I cant find a email address on their site and I don't know area country or area code or even time differences to call them?
http://www.heatercraft.com/contact-us/

It's 9:36 PM eastern time here for me. They are in Idaho, which is Mountain standard time.

Their shown US calling numbers do not include an international access.

I too do not see an email contact.

Kind of stinky if you ask me.

For what are you looking? I may can make a call for you.

blackTT
08-13-2012, 10:48 PM
I've already got a 2 outlet heater in my prostar. But pretty much the fan hard even blows air. So I think the fan is broken. So I'm looking for what I need to fix it how much and how much to ship it to Sydney Australia .

Any help would be prefect, cant get parts anywhere here from them

ghind
08-13-2012, 10:49 PM
I just got some heater raft bits from bakes marine. Had to email them but service was good. I'm in Australia. Greg

blackTT
08-13-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm not far from them, il contact them. Thanks

blackTT
08-13-2012, 10:57 PM
I just called them and got "nope don't do heatercraft parts or anything to do with heaters, thanks bye"

Cloaked
08-13-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm not far from them, il contact them. Thanks
I'll call them tomorrow if I get a chance. Busy work week but they are two hours behind me so I'll call when I get in from work.

Cloaked
08-13-2012, 10:59 PM
I just called them and got "nope don't do heatercraft parts or anything to do with heaters, thanks bye"
Rude bastards... lol :D

blackTT
08-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Looks like I'm back to getting it direct

Cloaked
08-13-2012, 11:04 PM
Looks like I'm back to getting it direct
I'll see what I can find out tomorrow and even get an email address for them.

blackTT
08-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Legend, thanks

petermegan
08-13-2012, 11:22 PM
I sourced a replacement core here in Australia and pretty sure if you can actually get it diagnosed as to whether the fan is faulty, and whether the blades have fallen to bits or the motor is faulty you should be able to source stuff here.

Cloaked
08-13-2012, 11:26 PM
I sourced a replacement core here in Australia and pretty sure if you can actually get it diagnosed as to whether the fan is faulty, and whether the blades have fallen to bits or the motor is faulty you should be able to source stuff here.
Link? :D

You guys working on your downtime in the winter, keeps the summer guys here busy... :D

maristardd
08-13-2012, 11:29 PM
For phone contact, their US number is listed on the contact us website page ( 1 (208) 687-4400 ), so from Australia isn't it your country's exit code (0011) plus US international dial (1): ?

0011 1 2086874400

I recently had two orders with Heatercraft, one that I placed though the online site, the other where I needed something that wasn't listed online (hose with quick connect fitting), so I called and they found what I needed and did the order over the phone. From each of those I have two email addresses from confirmations (different) that I can PM with you with, I won't post it since they don't post, I think they are actual people's email addresses.

Regarding lack of posted email address, my guess is they don't do enough direct customer business (vs dealer/oem sales) where they staff an a general inquiry email address. Those can get very spammy/noisy, and if you are a smaller shop, sometimes easier to just field the phone calls which are the serious inquiries.

blackTT
08-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Well if I can I'd rather buy from someone here in Australia's just for spending money with local business and I can get them quicker. But all the boat shops here don't give a sh......... Our MC dealer here is amazingly bad. So I'm left to source parts myself.

Il look into what's exactly wrong with it and report back. I think we might get moved soon into maintance section shortly hahaha

It did just start out looking for a email address, I promise

maristardd
08-13-2012, 11:42 PM
... I sent two heatercraft email addresses to you via PM, did they make it to you?

blackTT
08-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Yes thank you

petermegan
08-14-2012, 04:55 AM
Link? :D

You guys working on your downtime in the winter, keeps the summer guys here busy... :D

To be honest Cloaked, I just walked in to my local radiator repair guy that I know pretty well and asked if he could do something for me. Natrad or business similar should be able to do the same but the problem is fan by the sounds of it. Cheers.

saberworks
08-14-2012, 02:38 PM
The heater fan in my 89 prostar 190 stopped working. I drilled out the rivets holding the box together. Inside was a heater core and an electric fan. The fan was an attwood blower fan, similar if not exactly the same as a bilge blower. I got a replacement from a boat shop. Once I put it back in, I bought a rivet gun from home depot and riveted the box back together. Worked out great.