PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Glove Box

Redstorm
08-13-2012, 09:02 PM
I have 01 205v and wondering if anyone has replaced their Glove Box. Not the lid but the Box itself. Prior owner installed new stereo and it has split and cracked. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement and any ideas on how to's? Big time thanks n advance!

Redstorm
08-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Anybody? I have searched here and Google and found nothing. Any ideas?

jk13
08-14-2012, 01:56 PM
First, try your dealer. I don't understand why people search for days on the internet instead of making a phone call like we used to. Keep your money local.

Second, a local custom audio shop may be able to take it out and repair it for you. Probably some fiberglass on the back side, finish, sand, and paint the inside.

Good luck.

Redstorm
08-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Maybe people already made the call. Made the call to the dealer here localy a while ago. They could NOT help nor could they refer me. Next call would be to Tap Plastics. I have thought about removing it and repairing my self as well but it is hard to believe there are no replacements.

Just thought this forum was here to help..not help with a back handed slap. People will be hesitant to post or even use this forum if they get responses like this. Try not to assume. Thanks for the help.

jk13
08-14-2012, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE=Redstorm;868166] I have searched here and Google and found nothing.[QUOTE]

Whoa, easy. No offense inteded nor any backhanded-ness. This is the info you posted on where you searched. It would have been a pretty big assumption that you contacted a dealer based on that.:)

Besides the info above, I'd also suggest contacting some of the TT dealers (BAWS, TXMC, etc.) via pm to see if they have any ideas. They may not check every thread.

Again, best of luck. Truly.

Redstorm
08-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Its all good jK! Thanks for the help and refer!!

petermegan
08-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Wow, you two have a love-hate relationship :D

Jeffer
08-15-2012, 10:34 AM
That was like watching my brother and sister-in-law from the living room. No way I wanted to step into the kitchen and get into the middle, so I was sitting on the couch and shutting up.

I would definitely suggest trying to fix it if you can. Working with some strips of fiberglass cloth is pretty easy, for the most part - it's a great winter project, and you are going to feel a sense of pride when you know you did it yourself. Tough to find a replacement, even on EBay, but checking BAWS or others is probably worth a shot.