PDA

View Full Version : Sumo pump priming?

Kdmann64
08-13-2012, 08:54 PM
I just pick up a used sac to throw on one side for surfing, it has a pump with it, that has a ling white hose and a 12 v plug. I can't get it to work. I tried dumping water down the tube and the. Sticking it in a bucket but water level didn't go down. How does this set up work? Hook pump to bag hose in lake? How do I get it out? Pump iin lake hose to bag? It turns on but how do I make it move water?

Hecker
08-13-2012, 09:23 PM
It should be pump in the water to fill and pump on the bag to empty.

Kdmann64
08-13-2012, 09:51 PM
So I can drop the whole pump in the water?

MLA
08-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Yes, whole pump in lake, but just hang on to hose and cord. The pump push water but will not suck. They only pump in one direction and are not self priming, thats why the pump always has to be in the water supply.

Specter
08-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Like MLA said, remember that the pump has to be in the water when emptying the bags. This often takes two people depending on the location of the bag but you'll want someone pushing on the pump to make sure it's contacting water in the bag and then someone to plug the pump in. If you lose suction while emptying turn the pump off and start the process all over again.

CantRepeat
08-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Like MLA said, remember that the pump has to be in the water when emptying the bags. This often takes two people depending on the location of the bag but you'll want someone pushing on the pump to make sure it's contacting water in the bag and then someone to plug the pump in. If you lose suction while emptying turn the pump off and start the process all over again.

You can do it solo, just attach the pump, plug it and push down on it to get flow started. Likewise, if the pump starts sucking air then just push down on it again, no need to turn it off.