PDA

View Full Version : 2013 X25 vs X30

Xstreamws
08-13-2012, 09:48 PM
I would like your opinions on the 2013 X25 vs X30. My wife and I are looking at purchasing a NEW boat and we had a X30 out for the day last weekend, we fell in love with the boat. I know the pickle fork style has been a huge success, but I really like the new X30 / X10. What do you guys think. X30 seems to be better pricing and has some of the options of the X-Star IE the new convertible rear seat etc.

Eagle
08-14-2012, 01:25 AM
That X-30 is better equipped than my X-25.

Limpkin
08-14-2012, 01:53 AM
What do you do for water sports?

Do you want the amazing legacy X-25
Or the awesome new X-30.

Both are great options depending what you do.

Double
08-14-2012, 10:14 AM
the 30 was the answer for me. almost identical boat except I have white decals. don't think you can go wrong with either

Mastercraftdave
08-14-2012, 11:53 AM
that boat is beautiful!!!! That would be my choice

willyt
08-14-2012, 12:12 PM
for me it would all come down to wake performance. what do you do on the water?

TayMC197
08-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Its hard to say from just that one picture.. what does the x25 have laying on the back hatch?

FourFourty
08-14-2012, 06:39 PM
If you are a very serious wakeboarder, go with the X25.

If you are a recreational wakeboarder, and also like to surf...... Either one is going to be excellent.

bjames
08-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Also, the X25 is 21.5' whereas the X30 is 23'. So if your limited to storage space, the X25 may be a good choice. I would suggest taking a X25 for a test drive so that you can experience both.

JTNG
08-15-2012, 12:56 PM
My wife and i Love ours. Great Surf Wake, Great Wakeboard wake, and We like the Ski Wake better than the one our our X14V. Be sure to get the trim tab. I am having surf tabs installed now at Portland Ski Boat Center, so we will have to see if that makes a big difference on the surf wake. I wouldnt go any smaller that the 6.0 motor. My boat will be there until Saturday if you want to go take a look at it.

501s
08-15-2012, 01:13 PM
The X-30 is a great boat, we love it. I only have the 5.7 in mine and it pulls around my 4500lb boat and 2500 of ballast nicely when there is bow weight. Make sure to get the trim tab as mentioned above. Here are some pics of the boat & wake.

MileHiGuy247
08-22-2012, 09:05 PM
I have the same delima. Testing boats in similar conditions with the way we load our boats with typical gear and people is a pita.

I have heard the 30 does not take big lake boat chop as well as a 25 but at 1'7" greater length, that must mean that the 30 does not cut through very well?

We wakeboard more than we surf but we are looking for a thrilling ride. I don't mind plumbing in extra ballast but refuse to have it in the way if that makes a difference.

Specter
08-22-2012, 10:00 PM
I'll echo what the other X-30 owners have said here.

Ours cuts through chop really well and we always get a lot of compliments on what a smooth ride it is, even on the busiest days.

Since others have posted their sleds I figured I'd do the same:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8437/7841725378_59967e2eb4_b.jpg

501s
08-23-2012, 04:02 AM
You will get an excellent wakeboard wake and wurf wave if all you do is add 750's to the rear. I rode it tonight with about 9 people in the boat and the wake was the biggest I have hit, just enormous. All the other riders kept commenting how giant the wake seemed. Then empty one side and slow it down to 10.5 and the surf wave is magical.

We are really starting to get the boat dialed and I love it more each time we go out now.

I have the same delima. Testing boats in similar conditions with the way we load our boats with typical gear and people is a pita.

I have heard the 30 does not take big lake boat chop as well as a 25 but at 1'7" greater length, that must mean that the 30 does not cut through very well?

We wakeboard more than we surf but we are looking for a thrilling ride. I don't mind plumbing in extra ballast but refuse to have it in the way if that makes a difference.

501s
08-23-2012, 04:17 AM
Also when weighted we usually ride with the plate all the way up. I need to get some pics of the wake.

Scott
08-23-2012, 08:24 AM
jtng, What is your sking setup? Better than the 14v, is stout...

FourFourty
08-23-2012, 09:36 AM
I am having surf tabs installed now at Portland Ski Boat Center, so we will have to see if that makes a big difference on the surf wake.

The only advise I would give about this, is if you are running on a surfing budget for wake upgrades, spend the money on ballast, not the tabs.

The surf tabs are not needed for a properly weighted boat. If you don't have enough ballast, they will make a marginal wake a little better. However, if properly weighted for a great wake, you will not need tabs at all.

MileHiGuy247
08-23-2012, 03:55 PM
You will get an excellent wakeboard wake and wurf wave if all you do is add 750's to the rear. I rode it tonight with about 9 people in the boat and the wake was the biggest I have hit, just enormous. All the other riders kept commenting how giant the wake seemed. Then empty one side and slow it down to 10.5 and the surf wave is magical.

We are really starting to get the boat dialed and I love it more each time we go out now.

501s, you are runing 750 in the rears over stock and nothing extra in the front correct?

How would this additional balast compare to the same set up in the 25? I am guessing it would need some up front with that hull.

Thanks for the feedback!

501s
08-23-2012, 07:00 PM
I have 750's on top of stock in each rear locker. I am planning on adding in about 200-400 lbs up front to help with planing faster. But once on plane, the current ratio, although unbalanced, creates a very nice wake. It helps to add some lip but is still very smooth. A little more bow weight just makes it even meatier. It's weird but I am finding that with lots of ballast you can ride a little slower with the new X-30 and the wake is awesome. Normally with more ballast you need more speed but on the X-30 you can go as slow as 20 or 21. I am reallyreally liking this wake now that it's getting dialed. Stock it's ok but it's with more weight where it gets nuts. I mean it is a 23.5ft boat thats 102" wide, so more then 1k of ballast is to be expected.

sand2snow22
08-24-2012, 02:52 AM
X-30! Saw a 2013 30 today with every available option, 6.2, surf tabs, 4 tower speakers, lights, underwater lights, trailer runway lights, etc. Very impressed!

sand2snow22
08-24-2012, 02:53 AM

JTNG
08-24-2012, 10:48 AM
jtng, What is your sking setup? Better than the 14v, is stout...

Not much for set up, empty on ballast and the trim plate at 70%. I ski at about 37mph. The wake on the 30 is much softer than the wake on our 14v, IMO.:D

JTNG
08-24-2012, 10:52 AM
The only advise I would give about this, is if you are running on a surfing budget for wake upgrades, spend the money on ballast, not the tabs.

The surf tabs are not needed for a properly weighted boat. If you don't have enough ballast, they will make a marginal wake a little better. However, if properly weighted for a great wake, you will not need tabs at all.

That's what my dealer recomended. The only thing he said the tabs do is clean up and stretch out the surf wake? Not a big fan of having extra ballast, we need the storage and space for the dog, friends and extra crap!:D

Scott
08-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Not much for set up, empty on ballast and the trim plate at 70%. I ski at about 37mph. The wake on the 30 is much softer than the wake on our 14v, IMO.:D

37??? who needs a ski!!! :cool:

FourFourty
08-24-2012, 07:59 PM
That's what my dealer recomended. The only thing he said the tabs do is clean up and stretch out the surf wake? Not a big fan of having extra ballast, we need the storage and space for the dog, friends and extra crap!:D

I found that they helped before I had much extra ballast. I dont think they help at all now.... I run a 400lb in the locker, 700 under the lounge seat, and another 400 under the observer seat. plus stock KGB and port tanks. The wave is SO much better with proper ballast.

teamcanada
08-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Been wondering how much better the 6.2 is than the 6.0 in the 30 and if its worth the extra money. Anyone try this combo?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

MileHiGuy247
08-26-2012, 12:37 AM
Been wondering how much better the 6.2 is than the 6.0 in the 30 and if its worth the extra money. Anyone try this combo?

^^^x2. I live at 5000 feet ant have the same thoughts.

Also, with additional 750's in the lockers and maybe some front ballast under the bow cushions, would a x25 throw a significantly larger or better wake?

501s
08-26-2012, 01:56 PM
I haven't rode an X-25 this way but the 30 wake with this setup is huge!

^^^x2. I live at 5000 feet ant have the same thoughts.

Also, with additional 750's in the lockers and maybe some front ballast under the bow cushions, would a x25 throw a significantly larger or better wake?

teamcanada
08-26-2012, 03:11 PM
In my tests of both, I feel the 30 would be a be a better surf wave with this setup. 25 is still very nice though.

ddanenberger
08-26-2012, 03:18 PM
We have a 25 and just ordered a 30. Here is mt 2 cents after useing both. The 30 is much better surfing. 25 is much better wakeboarding if you are experienced. The wake can be quite large and scary for a beginner. The 30's wake for boarding is much more melow. Skiing behind the 25 is not alot of fun, but that was not the design purpose. You can easliy ski behind a 30.

TheWoons
08-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Specter posted a video of his surf wake behind his 30. The 25 surf wake still looks better to me :) I could easily sell the 25 and spend LESS money on a 30 but I've still yet to see any surf wake that's better on the 30 over the 25 with whatever weight is in it. I'm not saying the 30 isn't good, I just haven't seen a 30 that's better than our 25.

Nick911
08-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Specter posted a video of his surf wake behind his 30. The 25 surf wake still looks better to me :) I could easily sell the 25 and spend LESS money on a 30 but I've still yet to see any surf wake that's better on the 30 over the 25 with whatever weight is in it. I'm not saying the 30 isn't good, I just haven't seen a 30 that's better than our 25.

I agree Ryan. Maybe it's tough to show a surf wake in pictures but what I've seen so far does not compare tthe he 25. Maybe the 30 does more with less weight?

Which boat is the best seller right now. I know they are moving alot of 30's, have they surpassed 25's?

Either way, they are all nice boats...

501s
08-26-2012, 05:35 PM
I think judging the surf wave from a picture is not an accurate way of judging a wave. Surf a nicely weighted 30, and the wave speaks for itself. No one has said anything about the wave on our 30 other them amazing.

And the stock wakeboard wake is pretty mellow and good for beginners but add in an extra 1500-2000 lbs and things change a lot! I now love the wakeboard wake on our 30. Soooo clean so far back and very big and firm.

FourFourty
08-27-2012, 10:38 AM

Put simply- The 6.2l IS worth the money. You will be thankful at the gas pump as well.....

The 6.0 is plenty powerful for the 30, however, it is very hard to beat the fuel mileage, smoothness, and reliability of the Gen IV SBC.

I think judging the surf wave from a picture is not an accurate way of judging a wave. Surf a nicely weighted 30, and the wave speaks for itself. No one has said anything about the wave on our 30 other them amazing.

I have spent a considerable amount of time behind both properly weighted. I couldnt really say that either surf wake was better than the other. One big thing that I did notice, is that you have to be a lot more careful with the 30 to avoid swamping it. It is easily managable, but you cant just turn into the oncoming wave when picking up a downed rider. As long as we turn the 25 to starboard (when surfing port), it never puts water over the bow when we turn immediately around. With the 30, we just wait for the last ripple to go by, and then spin it around.... No biggie.

Wakeboard wake on the two boats is hugely different.

Double
08-27-2012, 11:25 AM
my 2 cents, it's tough to judge the surf wake from a picture. Everyone has a preference (usually related to the boat they own). My 30 weighted with two extra 750's and a 370 creates a large surf wake, the wakeboard wake with just stock ballast isn't huge and it is wide. I went with the 30 for three reasons, I think it drives better (more nimble), it was more cost effective, and I prefer the looks of it. As someone said previously the 30 does ride lower in the water so it is easier to swamp the front end if you turn into your surf wake and come off power...;)

501s
08-27-2012, 12:14 PM
I have to agree with Fourforty, it is probably easier to swamp when loaded down for surfing. But as mentioned its very easy to avoid too.

Fourforty, riding behind the 30 fully weighted for wakeboarding, what did you think? I know you said they are hugely different, but what was your opinion or what was the big difference. I know everyone loves the 25 even just stock. The 30 stock is pretty mellow stock, great for beginners. I have not had the opportunity to ride a 25 yet. I liked my 30 stock just fine but when we added all the extra weight was when I really started to like it. I found it gave it the need lip to get more straight up pop.

Scott
08-27-2012, 12:17 PM
We have a 25 and just ordered a 30. Here is mt 2 cents after useing both. The 30 is much better surfing. 25 is much better wakeboarding if you are experienced. The wake can be quite large and scary for a beginner. The 30's wake for boarding is much more melow. Skiing behind the 25 is not alot of fun, but that was not the design purpose. You can easliy ski behind a 30.

Several of yall have mentioned, easily sking behind a 30.. I myself havnt tried it yet, but i have had several friends behind it and they compared it to our 06 star, we had last year. We played with the plate and a friend said it made the hump, even harder. None of my friends, nor myself, would ski at 37. Is there a setup or location of crossing the wake, that yall can recommend?? Weve enjoyed the other aspects, but was told(by dealer), that it was designed to beat the diamond hulled bu's, wake wise.. any advise would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

FourFourty
08-27-2012, 01:58 PM
I went with the 30 for three reasons, I think it drives better (more nimble).....

Absolutley True. It is way more nimble than a 25. Especially if the 25 doesnt have tracking fins.

I have to agree with Fourforty, it is probably easier to swamp when loaded down for surfing. But as mentioned its very easy to avoid too.

Fourforty, riding behind the 30 fully weighted for wakeboarding, what did you think? I know you said they are hugely different, but what was your opinion or what was the big difference. I know everyone loves the 25 even just stock. The 30 stock is pretty mellow stock, great for beginners. I have not had the opportunity to ride a 25 yet. I liked my 30 stock just fine but when we added all the extra weight was when I really started to like it. I found it gave it the need lip to get more straight up pop.

To start, I want to mention that I am not an exceptional wakeboarder..... I can do 360s and backrolls (sometimes:D) etc..., but that is about it. I only started boarding last year, but I am getting there. On the other hand, I have a friend that is a seriously good wakeboarder, and he is always with us too. It is actually his cousin that has the X30.

To start with, we feel that the X30 has a shallower, mushy ramp compared to the 25. It is also a little too wide. The ramp on the 25 just seems to have a lot more kick to it. It feels so much more solid, and has a perfect transition.... Not to mention, the wake on the 25 is huge in comparison. If we have 6 or more people on board, we don't usually put any ballast in the 25, unless the big boys are riding, and we never use more than the factory tanks for that. With the 30, we fill the factory tanks, and sometimes 400-500 lbs in each of the 700s in the lockers. (Much more than that, makes for an inconsistantly clean lip). We tried to compensate by adding weight up front, but we lost the height in doing so.

With all of that being said, the 30 still has a pretty good wakeboard wake. It is certainly nothing to complain about. It is just so hard to beat the shape, size, and solidness of the 25 wake. For me, It wouldnt be a big deal to have the wake that the 30 has. For my friend, it is a VERY big deal. I also imagine that it will be more important to me, as I progress.

501s
08-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Hi 4-40, Thanks for the feedback. I'm also an intermediate rider (got about 6 inverts and 4 different 3's). I can say that the 30 definitley doesn't hold a guy back. I haven't rode the 25 as mentioned but I do ride quite a few Moombas often. They have a steeper/narrow wake. I can't say that compared to all those wakes the 30 was mushy, it was actually the opposite. I found it to be more firm but more mellow. Adding all the weight to the rear seemed to really make the wake bigger/lippier then just stock. I did find that riding a bit slower then normal (say 22 instead of 23.5) made the wake quite a bit taller without making it any wider. We also had the plate all the way up once on plane. I guess I need to take a set on a 25 too. Overall though, I am pretty stoked in the wake of the 30 now with the extra weight. I'll try to get some pics/vids this week.

FourFourty
08-27-2012, 02:32 PM
For sure.....I am not trying to say that the 30s wake is a bad wake. It is pretty darn good, especially compared to the wake of a Mobius LSV. It is just hard to explain until you have taken a few sets behind the 25. You will understand what I mean about the wake on the 25, but you will not be upset about going back behind your 30.

If the 30 had the deep V like the 25, it would probably kick the same wake, but you would lose the nimble handling. And I have to admit, I am jealous of the handling in the X30.

MileHiGuy247
08-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Great comments everyone!

4-40, does the 25 that you have experience with have tracking fins or do you think that will have much impact on the turning since it will be standard on the 13's and not just the 6.2 optioned out 25's like previous years?

Thanks

FourFourty
08-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Great comments everyone!

4-40, does the 25 that you have experience with have tracking fins or do you think that will have much impact on the turning since it will be standard on the 13's and not just the 6.2 optioned out 25's like previous years?

Thanks

I have the 6.2l in my X25, so I do have the tracking fins. The X25, that I test drove, did not have them..... They definitely handle better with tracking fins, but still not nearly as nimble as an X30.

jcbatt
08-28-2012, 03:35 PM
My 2011 X-25 did not have fins, but the difference in how nimble my X-30 is very significant. I had the MCX in the X-25 - I think it really needed the 6.2. The 5.7 Ilmor does fine in the X-30 (for my purposes). I have a thread on here somewhere with my comparisons between the X-25 and X-30. Both are great boats, just different.

Trout
09-22-2012, 12:03 AM
Is the x-30 with a 6.0L sufficient or should we spend the extra for the 6.2 L

Is the new ilmor 6.2 L more fuel efficient to off set the cost / performance gains?

Thoughts?

scott023
09-22-2012, 11:58 PM
Is the x-30 with a 6.0L sufficient or should we spend the extra for the 6.2 L

Is the new ilmor 6.2 L more fuel efficient to off set the cost / performance gains?

Thoughts?

The 6.2 is much newer technology. The estimated difference in fuel consumption between the two in an X30 is close to 2gph, from what I've been told and what Ive read.

Trout
09-23-2012, 09:27 AM
I've heard similar but unsubstantiated info thus far!
Just wondering if it's worth the extra $$$ plus it's an aluminum block so it's slightly lighter.

Just can go back and change it after the build is complete and all!

I'm just assuming the larger engine would of course work less and be somewhat more efficient!

FourFourty
09-23-2012, 12:06 PM
I've heard similar but unsubstantiated info thus far!
Just wondering if it's worth the extra $$$ plus it's an aluminum block so it's slightly lighter.

Just can go back and change it after the build is complete and all!

I'm just assuming the larger engine would of course work less and be somewhat more efficient!

If you are going to have the boat for a few years, and you plan on putting at least 300hrs on it, it is absolutley worth it.

TheWoons
09-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Our X-25 burns 8gal/hr when loaded down for surfing (2600-2800lbs of ballast). A 6.0 "might" get 1-2gal/hr better. Just for giggles let's say it gets 2gal/hr better. If you keep a boat and put 300hrs on it will save you at best 600gal of gas over that 300hrs of use. At $3.50 a gallon that saves you $2100 over that entire time. Going from a 5.7 to a 6.0 is a $5910 option with the 6.2L being even more money. You still think spending $6000 to save $2100 in fuel over 300hrs is worth it? :) Our X25 does just fine with a ton of weight and with the 5.7L. The cost to go to a bigger motor to save 1-2gal/hr doesn't make sense to me unless you just want to get up to speed faster. Money better spent is putting a 5 blade on over the stock 4 blades.

AZX45OD
09-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Hey Ryan how did the 5.7 in the X30 handle all of that extra weight vs your X25 with the 5.7?

TheWoons
09-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Hey Ryan how did the 5.7 in the X30 handle all of that extra weight vs your X25 with the 5.7?

Better actually. We put 3300lbs in the X30 too :) The X25 with the 5 Blade is a whole new animal versus the stock high altitude prop though. And when I say better it turns easier because the X30 handles better and the 30 never has issues getting on plane. As far as acceleration the X30 with the weight is about the same as the 25 with the weight when the 25 has a 5 blade. Put the 5 blade on the 30 and well... You do the math :)

Trout
09-23-2012, 04:15 PM
The cost to go to a bigger motor to save 1-2gal/hr doesn't make sense to me unless you just want to get up to speed faster. Money better spent is putting a 5 blade on over the stock 4 blades.

Agreed 100% but it's a lot cheaper to purchase 1 boat and do it correct then purchase 2 boats.

Just don't want to make a 5k mistake either way!

Trout
09-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Does anyone SURF the new X30 and how does it perform?
How much weight?
Which motor?
Which Prop?

Seems like quite a few folks are running high altitude or 5 blade props from OJ?

501s
09-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Unless you need to go fast, there is NO reason to go with anything BUT the high Alt prop. It's a tow boat and should have a prop for pulling a lot of weight.

With the 5.7 we surf with about 1100 in the corner and 350 up front. No problem planing at all.

I think you are looking for people to say "get the 6.2" but unless bragging about how you have the biggest motor is important to you (which frankly is true for some MC owners) I just don't think it's necessary unless you are putting in over 3k of weight. But if money is no object then yes get the 6.2 but if that's the case who cares about fuel consumption anyways.

501s
09-23-2012, 04:48 PM
And it surfs AWESOME btw.

Trout
09-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Nope don't need to brag and would love to keep cost down as money in limited!

I just don't want to freak out in a month after getting it only to have someone say... Duh you should have got the 6.2 you big dummy!

Plus as someone said earlier the cost to upgrade will purchase a ton of fuel!

Each boat has a different drag coefficient and if you guys the ones that actually have one and are actively using it will know better than anyone how it performs!

Thanks

FourFourty
09-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Our X-25 burns 8gal/hr when loaded down for surfing (2600-2800lbs of ballast). A 6.0 "might" get 1-2gal/hr better. Just for giggles let's say it gets 2gal/hr better. If you keep a boat and put 300hrs on it will save you at best 600gal of gas over that 300hrs of use. At $3.50 a gallon that saves you $2100 over that entire time. Going from a 5.7 to a 6.0 is a $5910 option with the 6.2L being even more money. You still think spending $6000 to save $2100 in fuel over 300hrs is worth it? :) Our X25 does just fine with a ton of weight and with the 5.7L. The cost to go to a bigger motor to save 1-2gal/hr doesn't make sense to me unless you just want to get up to speed faster. Money better spent is putting a 5 blade on over the stock 4 blades.

Well..... He asked about getting the 6.2l over the 6.0l, not the 5.7. The 6.2l is about $2500.00 more than the 6.0l. So, I stand by my answer. It is absolutely worth it.

As for the 5.7l, I think it is a fine engine for a X30, I do not agree for an X25. The X25 has a lot more wetted surface than an X30. Of course you can prop down, but in order to have an X25 that performs well loaded, and will do 35-40+ MPH, you would want a 6.0l, or a 6.2l. Lets face it, yes, these are tow boats. However, it is nice to be able to cruise at 30MPH without the engine at almost max RPM.

Trout
09-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Yea I have never bought a boat with the stock engine as manufacturers usually have a formula on what it needs to perform in a certain fashion. This is usually with a light load and it hits some pre-defined threshold of on plane in x seconds with 1/4 tank of fuel and a light load. Mastercraft may do a more realistic measurement. But that's is why I asked you guys who use them for fun in real world scenarios!

6.0L is the minimal I will order a boat with just so it has some better resale value later in life! If the 6.2 only. $2,500 I might consider it! I really thought it was going to be an extra $5,500 to 6k.

But I cant see who posted the comment about gas being 3.50 a gal? Wow where do you live cause on our lake it's 4.89 for non-ethanol at the marina's here.

scott023
09-23-2012, 09:09 PM

Big difference between the 6.0 and 6.2, never mind the performance and fuel consumption gains between the 5.7 and the 6.2. Sounds as though the fuel consumption difference between the 5.7 and 6.2 will be closer to 4 to 4.5gph, according to the guys that know at ilmore.

Trout
09-23-2012, 09:11 PM
As for the 5.7l, I think it is a fine engine for a X30, I do not agree for an X25. The X25 has a lot more wetted surface than an X30. Of course you can prop down, but in order to have an X25 that performs well loaded, and will do 35-40+ MPH, you would want a 6.0l, or a 6.2l. Lets face it, yes, these are tow boats. However, it is nice to be able to cruise at 30MPH without the engine at almost max RPM.

FourFourty, what is the big difference in the x25 vs. new x30? I've asked my dealer and I get a mooshy answer that I really don't understand!

When I went to the Factory and did the tour they said for Surfing and boarding the X30 is superior!

What are your thoughts before I give them the deposit?

We really like the 23' length size but ...

Nick911
09-23-2012, 09:24 PM
The differences aren't really that much. The X30 is 1'4" longer than the X30. If you were to extrapolate a nose onto the X25's bow I believe it would be bigger than the 30.

Check out TheWoon's posts as he has surfed them both. Consensus I've heard is that the 25's wakeboard wake is bigger, but X30 handles better and surfs better with less weight.

FourFourty
09-23-2012, 10:01 PM
FourFourty, what is the big difference in the x25 vs. new x30? I've asked my dealer and I get a mooshy answer that I really don't understand!

When I went to the Factory and did the tour they said for Surfing and boarding the X30 is superior!

What are your thoughts before I give them the deposit?

We really like the 23' length size but ...

The Quick Bullet points-

-X25 has a far superior wakeboard wake.
-Both have a great surf wake. I couldn't tell much difference. Maybe there was an edge to the X30??? Hard to tell.
-X25 is a much smoother ride in rough water because it has a deep v hull.
-X30 Is a lot more nimble because it doesn't have a deep v hull. It handles excellent for a 23' Boat.
-X25 needs a little more power because of the hull shape.
-Both have some model specific features that are nice. (convertable rear seat in the 30. Front armrests, and transom seats on the X25.) etc...
-X30 has a better ski wake, however, I don't think either of these should be considered for anyone who wants to slalom.
-I think the interiors are about the same size, Although the X25 feels bigger to me.

Similar boats that are very different.

Nick911
09-24-2012, 12:14 AM
The Quick Bullet points-

-X25 has a far superior wakeboard wake.
-Both have a great surf wake. I couldn't tell much difference. Maybe there was an edge to the X30??? Hard to tell.
-X25 is a much smoother ride in rough water because it has a deep v hull.
-X30 Is a lot more nimble because it doesn't have a deep v hull. It handles excellent for a 23' Boat.
-X25 needs a little more power because of the hull shape.
-Both have some model specific features that are nice. (convertable rear seat in the 30. Front armrests, and transom seats on the X25.) etc...
-X30 has a better ski wake, however, I don't think either of these should be considered for anyone who wants to slalom.
-I think the interiors are about the same size, Although the X25 feels bigger to me.

Similar boats that are very different.

Agreed, I have a 25 but have been in the 30 and the 25 feels bigger. Both ate much bigger inside than new Star.

Trout
09-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Well..... He asked about getting the 6.2l over the 6.0l, not the 5.7. The 6.2l is about $2500.00 more than the 6.0l. So, I stand by my answer. It is absolutely worth

4/40... Is the 6.2L only about $2,500 more? My dealer thought it was closer to 6k. He was out of the office and did not add it to the quote.

I'm kinds feeling like the shaft is being applied! I even spoke with ilmor product line manager and he said the engines are built similar so don't know the cost is justified if it is 6K?

Darm dilemmas

FourFourty
09-25-2012, 09:43 AM
4/40... Is the 6.2L only about $2,500 more? My dealer thought it was closer to 6k. He was out of the office and did not add it to the quote.

I'm kinds feeling like the shaft is being applied! I even spoke with ilmor product line manager and he said the engines are built similar so don't know the cost is justified if it is 6K?

Darm dilemmas

Not 100% sure. It has been 2 years since I did the price comparison. One thing is for sure, the MSRP markup is a lot different than the actual. If I remember correctly, the 5.7 was standard, the 6.0l was 5,300 MSRP over the 5.7l, and the 6.2l was $8,100 MSRP over the 5.7l. I think, after the discount, it was something like this-

5.7l-Standard
6.0l-$3825.00
6.2l-$6110.00 ($2285.00 more than the 6.0l)

scott023
09-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Not 100% sure. It has been 2 years since I did the price comparison. One thing is for sure, the MSRP markup is a lot different than the actual. If I remember correctly, the 5.7 was standard, the 6.0l was 5,300 MSRP over the 5.7l, and the 6.2l was $8,100 MSRP over the 5.7l. I think, after the discount, it was something like this-

5.7l-Standard
6.0l-$3825.00
6.2l-$6110.00 ($2285.00 more than the 6.0l)

I'm looking at a build sheet for an X30, and the upgrade cost (MSRP) of the 6.2 is $11,210. It's a 5K upgrade over the 6.0.

FourFourty
09-25-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm looking at a build sheet for an X30, and the upgrade cost (MSRP) of the 6.2 is $11,210. It's a 5K upgrade over the 6.0.

Holy Crap! Pricing has changed a bit on that! That is rediculous considering that you can buy a 6.2l complete crate motor for less than that upgrade cost.

I wonder if they are trying to get a bit more margin out of the engine choices on these boats. (larger percentage markup on powertrain options)

moleson10
09-25-2012, 03:43 PM
I wonder if they are trying to get a bit more margin out of the engine choices on these boats. (larger percentage markup on powertrain options)

BINGO!

Trout
09-26-2012, 12:14 AM
Yep I asked my dealer today and he said it was a 5k upgrade!

You could buy all of the components and build your own engine for that cash! Er... possibly a backup engine as well

Nick911
10-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Refresh...

Ryan Woon, you've ridden both extensively? Thoughts?

TheWoons
10-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Refresh...

Ryan Woon, you've ridden both extensively? Thoughts?

Nick, after spending time in the 25 and now 30 I have formulated all my opinions :)

Things I love about the 25:

1. The look
2. Rear Facing Seats
3. Pickle Fork
4. Interior is huge
5. The wakeboard wake can't be beat by much
6. Surf wake. One of the best on the market IMO when weighted correctly. It's long, tall and very adjustable

We don't wake board ever anymore though so the wake board wake being one of the best of any boat of any manufacture is insignificant to us now.

Things I love about the 30:

1. The convertible rear seat is awesome. I don't ever want another boat without one. I like being able to use it normal, rear facing and even laying down
2. Handling. It handles better than the 25
3. Getting on plane with the stock prop. It has no issues ever getting on plane with the stock prop. The 25 with a ton of weight goes bow up and has issues, however the 5 blade fixed all of that
4. Surf wake is probably the best on the market of any boat today. Once it's weighted properly it's huge, it's very long and very adjustable. The surf wake on the 30 is more lippy than the X25. The lip makes for easier airs.
5. Interior is also huge and I like that a lot.
6. I wasn't a fan of the hips on the body but I like them a lot now. I liked the pickle fork better but at this point I love the look of the 30 and don't care about the bow anymore :)

Both boats are two of the best without a doubt. If you want to wake board with little surfing I would buy an X25. If you want to surf primarily then the 30 is the way to go.

Nick911
10-10-2012, 09:47 PM
How about ride in rough water? Storage? Surf wake with only an extra 450-1000 lbs of weight?

501s
10-10-2012, 11:27 PM
I don't know if there are many boats that beat it storage wise. My buddy just looked at a G23 and he said it has about the same storage as my X-30 (although it didn't need PnP bags). My kids favorite feature was they could go under the front seat and crawl all the way out the back locker there is so much room. I keep 2 surfboards under the coffin seat and by leaning them up against the side of the interior wall you don't even use up any of the storage space.

- Handles fine in rough water, better then my last 23ft Moomba. Plate helps with chop.
- Surf wave with an extra 1k is awesome, all you will need.
- Wakeboard wake is great but gets better with more weight. I also find that the wake shapes up very nicely at slow speeds (ie 20-22) with a ton of weight. Kind of nice not to have to ride at 25 when weighted.

TheWoons
10-11-2012, 02:45 AM
How about ride in rough water? Storage? Surf wake with only an extra 450-1000 lbs of weight?

The 30 does well in rough water. Storage is just as big as the 25. Surf wake IMO was not that great with that little weight. It didn't start to get really good until 2500lbs+++

FourFourty
10-11-2012, 09:54 AM
How about ride in rough water?

After spending quite a bit of time in both. The X30 surprised me in rough water. It does very well, considering the hull shape. However, it doesn't beat the rough water ride of the X25.

Double
10-11-2012, 09:59 AM
The 30 does well in rough water. Storage is just as big as the 25. Surf wake IMO was not that great with that little weight. It didn't start to get really good until 2500lbs+++

I can see how it keeps getting better with more weight. I'm running 1870 extra lbs of ballast and it's great for me. Ryan are you concerned with going that far over boat weight capacity

Nick911
10-11-2012, 10:25 AM
The biggest feature for us on the 30 would be the convertible seat, however, I'm questioning now whether the kids would even use it. They are 4 and 3 and usually kneel on the back seat looking back. I'm thinking this seat wouldn't even be functional for them until they are much older and can use their feet to brace themselves. I noticed on 30 as well there is no backrest on back of starboard cooler seat. The 30 also doesn't have the mid-height step that the 25 has on the stern, another important factor for those with kids.

Double
10-11-2012, 10:45 AM
I love the convertible seat, all my nephews, nieces (3,4,5 use it and with the insert it's maybe even better). My 10 mth old baby girl takes her naps partially underneath, away from sun and moving passengers (just gotta watch those dripping boys) Convertible seat should be in all MC boats, it is that good IMO. Then when it comes to holding those extra ballast bags on top of seats in place it does a good job

TheWoons
10-11-2012, 10:51 AM
I can see how it keeps getting better with more weight. I'm running 1870 extra lbs of ballast and it's great for me. Ryan are you concerned with going that far over boat weight capacity

Not at all. As long as you know what you're doing it's not an issue. I was out with the Vilands at Worlds on the River in their 30 and at times with ballast and people we probably had 4000lbs in extra weight. Even with a lot of boats and huge rollers (everyone was surfing) we had no issues. I would never let anyone drive that wasn't experienced with that much weight though.

501s
10-11-2012, 06:44 PM
When you guys say you are running running 1870 extra lbs of ballast or 2500 lbs of extra ballast for surfing, does that mean for say port side: you fill up the stock port 300 rear tank, the stock 350 front, and then another 1900 or 2500 lbs on the port side? Or do you just have that much extra weight in the boat, with half on the port and have on the starboard?

I have an extra 750 in each rear and with that full and a couple people in the boat we always found the surf wave to be awesome. But adding on another 1750 lbs would be bananas.

TheWoons
10-11-2012, 08:55 PM
There's 930lbs of stock hard tank ballast on a new X30. Mike's 2013 he fills all three stock hard tanks and then adds another 2100lbs+ on only the port side. There's two 750's which over fill to 950lbs and another 400lbs of lead all on the port side. We do the same thing on our X25 and YES, it's bananas :) You will like surfing a lot more if you weight it like this.

Nordicron
10-11-2012, 09:25 PM
The reversable rear seat is the best thing since sliced bread! Surprised Nautique let Mastercraft copy it!

jdl xstar
10-12-2012, 10:07 AM
The reversable rear seat is the best thing since sliced bread! Surprised Nautique let Mastercraft copy it!

If the reversable seat is Nautique's concept, perhaps there was a quid quo pro with MC's pickle fork and Naut's reversable seat...

Nordicron
10-12-2012, 10:48 AM
If the reversable seat is Nautique's concept, perhaps there was a quid quo pro with MC's pickle fork and Naut's reversable seat...

I agree but reversible seating is much more useful than pickle fork...

FourFourty
10-12-2012, 11:03 AM
I agree but reversible seating is much more useful than pickle fork...

Not sure if serious...... :rolleyes:

Nordicron
10-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Not sure if serious...... :rolleyes:

Serious. I'd take the reversible seating that the x30 provides over the pickle fork of the x25 anyday. Not sure about you guys but it's very very rare that I need more space for people in my bow and most times no one sits up there when we are boarding anyway. Heck in WI we've got the wind block up and window closed to the bow most of the season!

Double
10-12-2012, 11:28 AM
When you guys say you are running running 1870 extra lbs of ballast or 2500 lbs of extra ballast for surfing, does that mean for say port side: you fill up the stock port 300 rear tank, the stock 350 front, and then another 1900 or 2500 lbs on the port side? Or do you just have that much extra weight in the boat, with half on the port and have on the starboard?

I have an extra 750 in each rear and with that full and a couple people in the boat we always found the surf wave to be awesome. But adding on another 1750 lbs would be bananas.

yes, i put a 750 in my port locker, a 370 in my port coffin, and then put another 750 on the ballast seat running along the port side (all filled as tight as I can get them). Then I'm using full kgb and full port stock tank. If I have ballast buddies sometimes I run the 750 from the ballast seat along the back seat instead of up the port.

I can't wait to borrow my neighbors 750 to add to that, to experience what Woon is talking about.

FourFourty
10-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Serious. I'd take the reversible seating that the x30 provides over the pickle fork of the x25 anyday. Not sure about you guys but it's very very rare that I need more space for people in my bow and most times no one sits up there when we are boarding anyway. Heck in WI we've got the wind block up and window closed to the bow most of the season!

The girls wouldn't be very happy on my boat :D

501s
10-12-2012, 12:46 PM
In Canada we get like 2 months of warm weather so the amount of time spent in the bow is minimal. I will also agree, the flip seat on the X-30/Star is probably the most usefull feature on our boat. Like Nordicon said, most of the time we have the bow cover on and the windows and wind door closed to try to keep warm. To me more cockpit space and the reverse seat was much much more inmportant than a picklefork bow, plus the bow on the X-30 is actually very roomy. I was just in a new star and x-25 and i didn't feel like their bow's were "way" bigger. I do like the arm rests up front, but once again I wouldn't trade anything for the flip rear seat.

Jonb1822
10-12-2012, 12:57 PM
The girls wouldn't be very happy on my boat :D

Same here. The girls live in the bow on my 25.

Nick911
10-20-2012, 12:24 AM
Bump...

Anyone comment on performance in rough water? Anyone have stock wakeboard wake pics for X30?

FourFourty
10-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Bump...

Anyone comment on performance in rough water? Anyone have stock wakeboard wake pics for X30?

Rough water performance is not as good as the X25, but certainly nothing to complain about. The balance of rough water ride, and handling on the X30 is very good.

Looked through my phone. I couldnt find a good pic of the X30 wakeboard wake :(

CantRepeat
10-20-2012, 11:03 AM

What?

While reversing the seat concept might be the same the manner in which MC does it is far more practical.

CantRepeat
10-20-2012, 11:30 AM

2500lbs? Wow that's just crazy weight right there.

501s
10-20-2012, 12:03 PM
As requested, here are pics of the Stock Wakeboard Wake. We found that that it just gets better with more weight, and you do NOT have to speed up with more weight, the X-30 throws a huge wake while weighted going as slow as like 20. The wake is very clean. Compared to the other boats I ride its much more consistent and doesn't wash out.

Nick911
10-20-2012, 12:06 PM
As requested, here are pics of the Stock Wakeboard Wake. We found that that it just gets better with more weight, and you do NOT have to speed up with more weight, the X-30 throws a huge wake while weighted going as slow as like 20. The wake is very clean. Compared to the other boats I ride its much more consistent and doesn't wash out.

So that is factory ballast only? Not bad.

501s
10-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Yup just the factory tanks no bags or PnP. We always ride it loaded though :). What we have found is we haven't been able to overload the boat and make the wake wash yet. Even with 2800 lbs and a boat full of people the wake is totally clean as slow as 21. I mean most people riding with that much weight like to go faster (I like to ride about 22-23), but for learning tricks it's great to have a huge wake at slower speeds. It's a very different wake then what I was used to on my moomba,but once I got used to it I prefer it. Much more predictable and smooth, I never get bucked or hook wash on the way up. Plus as my kids start riding the wake will be awesome for learning because its so clean. Our season is over but I have some plans for the winter to add more weight. I'd really like to have my boat setup with about 3500lbs of on board ballast plus people. The wake is so awesome with that much weight and is the perfect blend of smooth take off with some lip to boost you. IMO this boat likes as much weight as you can throw at it.

Nordicron
11-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Ok checked out both the 2013 x-25 and x-30 yest at my dealer. Both very nice and feel pretty much the same for space inside. Really liked the feel of the new vinyl also! Here is where I have issue with the x-25: no reversible seating!!!! Come on MC get with it! Also why oh why don't you just put tracking fins on the dang thing standard??? Are you a performance inboard boat or not?
Lastly the sales guy who is a avid rider told me hands down that the x-25 is the better wake for both boarding and surfing.

MattsCraft
11-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Ok checked out both the 2013 x-25 and x-30 yest at my dealer. Both very nice and feel pretty much the same for space inside. Really liked the feel of the new vinyl also! Here is where I have issue with the x-25: no reversible seating!!!! Come on MC get with it! Also why oh why don't you just put tracking fins on the dang thing standard??? Are you a performance inboard boat or not?
Lastly the sales guy who is a avid rider told me hands down that the x-25 is the better wake for both boarding and surfing.
X25 now has tracking fins standard, all engines not just the 6.2

Nordicron
11-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Well Matt either my dealer is wrong or your wrong...
I specifically asked about fins and he said 'no not standard, they are still part of option package'. Not sure what packages but it sounds like available with more than just the 6.2 though. If I was more interested in the boat I would have sat down with him and got into the numbers but until MC gets smart and puts the rear facing seats in it I'm not interested at all.

Nick911
11-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Aren't the tracking fins part of the Pro Package on the X25?

501s
11-02-2012, 11:47 AM
I think Nic is correct, tracking fins come standard with the pro package is what i heard, but i agree with Nordicron, they should be standard on a 100k wakeboard boat! I have them on My X-30 and even had them on my old Moomba.

Different people and dealers have different things to say about the boats and the wake but from my experince the X-30 does everything very well.

Rear seat is the best option going. Don't buy a 30 without it!

jason95gt
11-02-2012, 01:10 PM
The reason they are not standard it that they are not needed with the lowered powered motors.

MattsCraft
11-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Well Matt either my dealer is wrong or your wrong...
I specifically asked about fins and he said 'no not standard, they are still part of option package'. Not sure what packages but it sounds like available with more than just the 6.2 though. If I was more interested in the boat I would have sat down with him and got into the numbers but until MC gets smart and puts the rear facing seats in it I'm not interested at all.

Good question, I was told they are now standard, however I am getting the Pro Package, IMO, the only way to go and a 6.2.

As far as Rear Facing Flip "go, go, gadget" Seats, again to each their own, I think they are ridiculous. But again, I like the X25 Flip chill seats, I like Pickle Forks, it's my money and I will buy what "I" like and really don't give a crap about all the other opinions because they are just that opinions! Please don't drag this forum into a WW discussion. Jeez.

Nordicron
11-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Dude chill out because your the one dragging it that way. Most of these high end boats are just one big gadget anyway. Just so happens MC is leaving this one Great gadget out for atleast another year on the x-25.

And sorry Jason I don't buy it that it only needs it in higher HP. Many people on this and other forums comment how much better the boat handles with fins vs without. I agree it may not "need" fins but it sure seems that it does benefit from fins.

MattsCraft
11-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Dude chill out because your the one dragging it that way. Most of these high end boats are just one big gadget anyway. Just so happens MC is leaving this one Great gadget out for atleast another year on the x-25.

And sorry Jason I don't buy it that it only needs it in higher HP. Many people on this and other forums comment how much better the boat handles with fins vs without. I agree it may not "need" fins but it sure seems that it does benefit from fins.

Already chilled my man, just not sure why you are on this forum stating opinions on MC products, you are not a registered user, you don't own an MC and as stated not in the market for one? Why would anyone care what your opinion is about tracking fins, flip seats etc. I'll let others chime in, for me I'm done with the subject.

501s
11-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Wow, that took a turn for the worse quick.

I think you would have to look long and hard to find people who don't like the Rear Flip seat, rear lounge seats on a 25, tracking fins or a pickle fork bow. All awesome features that make the boats a mastercraft; both unique and user friendly. I personally have NEVER heard someone say to me that the rear flip seat is "ridiculous", in fact it's the most talked about feature on my boat and something every single person has loved. To each their own, as mattscraft mentioned, but good luck finding someone to agree with you about that rear seat being ridiculous.

Scott
11-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Wow, that took a turn for the worse quick.

I think you would have to look long and hard to find people who don't like the Rear Flip seat, rear lounge seats on a 25, tracking fins or a pickle fork bow. All awesome features that make the boats a mastercraft; both unique and user friendly. I personally have NEVER heard someone say to me that the rear flip seat is "ridiculous", in fact it's the most talked about feature on my boat and something every single person has loved. To each their own, as mattscraft mentioned, but good luck finding someone to agree with you about that rear seat being ridiculous.

:D.... I agree!!!

Nordicron
11-03-2012, 02:04 AM
Wow? Not sure how I got Matt so angry. Don't know what it means to be registered user but I've been a member for over a year. My neighbor and good friend owns a MC, I ride on and with other guys who own MC. I often stop in to my local MC dealer and check out the new boats and chat with the staff whom I like very much! They are a great dealer and I would love to own a MC for the simple fact of having them as a dealer. I love wake boats and board sports. Was prob out on the water over 300hrs this year alone. Are those reasons enough for me to be on this forum, in this tread? If I did buy a MC it likely would be a pre 2013 star or x-25 but right now this model yr I just don't think so for the reasons I stated already.
Last reason is because it's just so easy to be on this forum and comment with Tapatalk!

Nick911
11-08-2012, 02:22 AM
So finally decided to stick with the X25 for my 2013 order (finalizing Saturday). Both boats had tons of great features and I'm sure I'd be happy with either or, however, sticking with what I know in the X25 (though I'll be choked if they put the rear-facing seat in it next year).

madcityskier
11-08-2012, 02:47 AM
The reason they are not standard it that they are not needed with the lowered powered motors.

Not trying to restart a fight, but how can the horsepower make a difference in the way the boat tracks? If you pull to the side and it affects the tracking, what does that have to do with the leftover horsepower you're not using? If anything I would think that a larger engine would weigh more thereby slightly enhancing tracking, so it would make more sense to me that you would need them more with the smaller engine if anything.

KahunaCraft
11-08-2012, 05:46 AM
Congrats on the X25 decision.

jgraham37128
11-08-2012, 09:38 AM
So finally decided to stick with the X25 for my 2013 order (finalizing Saturday). Both boats had tons of great features and I'm sure I'd be happy with either or, however, sticking with what I know in the X25 (though I'll be choked if they put the rear-facing seat in it next year).

I'm doing a MC tour on Dec 21st. Maybe yours will be in production and I can take some pics for you.

JG

Nick911
11-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Ya for sure I think the build slot is December.

FourFourty
11-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Not trying to restart a fight, but how can the horsepower make a difference in the way the boat tracks? If you pull to the side and it affects the tracking, what does that have to do with the leftover horsepower you're not using? If anything I would think that a larger engine would weigh more thereby slightly enhancing tracking, so it would make more sense to me that you would need them more with the smaller engine if anything.

Because larger engine = faster boat. That would be my guess. X25 with 5.7l does what 38-40mph?? And an X25 with a 6.2l will go 48-50mph. I am thinking that at lower speeds, the shape of the deep v provides fairly good tracking to a certain point. Also the 6.2l is lighter than the 5.7 or 6.0 because it has an aluminum block....

jason95gt
11-08-2012, 01:40 PM
During cornering with the 6.2l and 7.4l the extra power made the boat slide more than with the other two motors.

willyt
11-08-2012, 01:50 PM
... X25 with 5.7l does what 38-40mph?? And an X25 with a 6.2l will go 48-50mph.

really? you can get 48 mph out of a 25... even with a 6.2? I would have figured by the sheer wetted surface area they would top out alot slower than that

willyt
11-08-2012, 01:50 PM
i gunna have to git me one of dem go fast boats

turbofresh
11-08-2012, 04:38 PM

i cannot see them putting the rear facing seat in if the 25 already has the flip up transom seats. its gotta be one or the other. the rear facing seat novelty in my opinion would wear off real quickly then again i know a x30 owner and he will argue that forever. im content with my x25 seating its the wake that matters in the end for me.

MattsCraft
11-08-2012, 04:43 PM
i gunna have to git me one of dem go fast boats

Best I got on the Cincy MC Demo boat (6.2L) was 44, with 2 people in the boat, calm water.

Nordicron
11-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Why not have the very best seating arrangement and best wake? Also why can't you have rear transom seats and reversible lounge area seating? The only time you can use the transom seats is when your not moving. The intent of the reversible lounge seat is to be used while boarding/moving.

jason95gt
11-08-2012, 05:06 PM
I really do not see them updating the X-25 within the next two years. In order to have the convertible rear seat, the entire top deck would have to be re-tooled.

FourFourty
11-08-2012, 05:50 PM
really? you can get 48 mph out of a 25... even with a 6.2? I would have figured by the sheer wetted surface area they would top out alot slower than that

I was fairly surprised as well. Oddly, my '11 would go 50 on GPS, but my '12 could only muster 47mph. Still fast for that boat..... And pretty much useless, as I only went over 30 about .0001% of the time.

jason95gt
11-08-2012, 06:28 PM
I was heard that the 2012 had a little more hook in the back to help with porpoising. That is probably why there is a difference in top speed.

jgraham37128
11-08-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm doing a MC tour on Dec 21st. Maybe yours will be in production and I can take some pics for you.

JG

Sorry, I'll be there Monday Dec 17th.

wies
11-28-2012, 04:59 PM
I just bought a X10 but its still in the show room so its going to be a long winter lol it looks very nice and should perform well,my last boat was the X2 which i liked as well but trying to do more surfing lately

tmacx2
11-28-2012, 05:04 PM
I just bought a X10 but its still in the show room so its going to be a long winter lol it looks very nice and should perform well,my last boat was the X2 which i liked as well but trying to do more surfing lately

Did you demo the X10? If so, how was the surf and wakeboard wake? I've yet to see one in person.

shirlz72
12-01-2012, 04:32 AM
Hi,

i am new to this site. i currently have an 06 wakesetter vlx running around 4000lb of ballast. i have heard alot of good things about the mastercraft x25 and am looking at buying one that is in stock at the local dealer with the 6l engine. i just have a few questions. how does this boat handle ballast i.e what is the wake going to be like with 4000lb? and does anyone have any pics they can upload of an x25 wake with alot of ballast? i have been searching the net for days and can only find wakesurfing pics and vids other than the mastercraft adds. An in boat shot of the wake should give me an indication. i havent test driven one yet though i am assuming the dealers would be hesitant of letting you slam their brand new boats with a heap of ballast.

thanks in advance for your help

ashley

FoggyNogginz
05-29-2013, 02:48 PM
That's a monster surf wave! Let's be friends!

my 2 cents, it's tough to judge the surf wake from a picture. Everyone has a preference (usually related to the boat they own). My 30 weighted with two extra 750's and a 370 creates a large surf wake, the wakeboard wake with just stock ballast isn't huge and it is wide. I went with the 30 for three reasons, I think it drives better (more nimble), it was more cost effective, and I prefer the looks of it. As someone said previously the 30 does ride lower in the water so it is easier to swamp the front end if you turn into your surf wake and come off power...;)

Seano
06-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Put simply- The 6.2l IS worth the money. You will be thankful at the gas pump as well.....

The 6.0 is plenty powerful for the 30, however, it is very hard to beat the fuel mileage, smoothness, and reliability of the Gen IV SBC.

I have spent a considerable amount of time behind both properly weighted. I couldnt really say that either surf wake was better than the other. One big thing that I did notice, is that you have to be a lot more careful with the 30 to avoid swamping it. It is easily managable, but you cant just turn into the oncoming wave when picking up a downed rider. As long as we turn the 25 to starboard (when surfing port), it never puts water over the bow when we turn immediately around. With the 30, we just wait for the last ripple to go by, and then spin it around.... No biggie.

Wakeboard wake on the two boats is hugely different.
what was the cost upgrade for the 6.2(cost not MSRP)???

Nick911
06-02-2013, 08:23 PM
what was the cost upgrade for the 6.2(cost not MSRP)???

Cost was about $5500 for me in Canada.

Seano
06-03-2013, 01:50 AM
vs 5.7 or 6.0

Nick911
06-03-2013, 01:54 AM
That was going from 6.0 to 6.2.

teamcanada
06-05-2013, 08:59 PM
My cost was about the same for my 6.2 upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD