PDA

View Full Version : OEM fabric for 2006 X-45

BoulderX45
08-13-2012, 06:02 PM
I've got a few seams coming apart on my front flip up seats and I'm hoping someone can give me some info on the fabric manufacturer. I've talked to my local dealer and they have given my a quote of $1200 each to replace the fabric ($2400 for two seats!). I just need to bring the seats in so they can send them out to a local guy. I don't want to pay the dealer market-up so they can send them out to a local guy. Can anybody help direct me to the info I need?

Thrall
08-16-2012, 12:52 PM
I think it's still available. My buddy got some vinyl for his 06 last winter and had a couple cushions redone.
It was more like a couple hundred, not a couple thou though.
See if you can just get a roll of vinyl and take it to a shop and have them replace.

Front flip up seat backs shouldn't have much wear on them though. If just the seams are coming apart, take the skins off and have them re-sewn.
If the pattern stitching is splitting the vinyl where there's not a seam then you'll need to replace that panel.
His boat had a couple high traffic seat bottoms starting to split the vinyl at the "decorative" stitching, so when they got replaced, he left out the decorative stuff so that it is a solid panel.