PDA

View Full Version : footin with crocs

occva
08-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Maybe some of you have figured this out, maybe not. Just had a mini ski vacation. After three days of footin my feet were kiling me.

My wife said why dont you do it with your crocs on? I hate it when she is right. Worked great and took almost five mph off my speed and still felt good.

Have fun ou there...

tex
08-12-2012, 10:37 PM
I've done it on Vans....the steer great!

93Prostar190
08-12-2012, 10:56 PM
My Nike shoes have done it before for the same reasons....

gatorguy
08-12-2012, 11:07 PM
I thought you were talking about gators.

silverblueBP
08-13-2012, 08:34 AM
I have an old pair of Chuck Taylor's that work great!

TLR67
08-13-2012, 07:35 PM
I thought you were talking about gators.

Lol me too... I was gonna say float on your back after falls and don't walk on bottom!!! And btw... You don't foot with shoes on... It's skiing at that point....

barefoot
08-13-2012, 09:34 PM
You have to work through that pain...you're a barefooter! I visit a lake that is calm 98% of the time. The first day, we all get a little too excited and over due it. The second day, the feet aren't quite black and blue. By the third day, it's hard to walk. If you keep going, I swear it goes away. Well, kind of...that's why you have to foot through it. Just don't go as long. Think of it as building you endurance.

Latin Flyer
08-13-2012, 10:09 PM
If they really hurt it may be your posture.

You should be able to ski everyday with no pain ( for short periods of time)

Make sure you have the right speed, make sure you are not pushing with your heels to much.

petermegan
08-13-2012, 10:26 PM
I have never been able to foot more than a few hundred yards before it gets intolerable. I always blamed this on very high arches in my feet, could this just be technique or plain soft. Only ever got to the novice stage and have never progressed for this reason. maybe I need some coaching?

ahhudgins
08-13-2012, 10:58 PM
I have never been able to foot more than a few hundred yards before it gets intolerable. I always blamed this on very high arches in my feet, could this just be technique or plain soft. Only ever got to the novice stage and have never progressed for this reason. maybe I need some coaching?

I also have narrow feet with high arches and it does make footin' a little harder. You can try to narrow your stance and it will help a little bit, and also make a few short runs each time you go out and your feet will get used to it. As I get older, I don't foot as much (once or twice a month) so my feet never get used to it.

Edit: As others have said....It ain't footin' with shoes on!