PDA

View Full Version : Fins...

ctjahn
08-12-2012, 07:04 PM
So the used Obrein "shifty" has a fin at each end. One at the front, one at the rear. It seems like I should remove the front one. But after I removed the screw it doesnt appear to come off...

Or do you leave both in? They are about 4" long and about 2.5" tall. Seems like if I leave the front one in.... its backwards?

Never wakeboarded or even seen anyone do it in person....

cj

ricford
08-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Leave it on. It doesn't touch the water normally, but when you get better you will want to do "switch" tricks where the board will be going the opposite direction.

ctjahn
12-21-2012, 06:12 PM
FOR SALE .... :(

My feet are just too damn big. Takes me about 10 minutes to get the damn boots on.

Or are they supposed to be that tight for tricks? or am I missing an adjustment spot?

Cj

Jerseydave
12-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Most boots are lace up, but you may need some binding lube to get them on. What size are the bindings compared to your foot size? Make sure that board is the right size for you also.

Leave both fins in.

ctjahn
12-21-2012, 10:13 PM
These are slip on style boots.. Dont know what size they are but I am a 9 1/2 or 10...

What do you use for lube?

Cj

Jerseydave
12-22-2012, 12:20 AM
I keep a spray bottle in the boat with a water/herbal essence shampoo mixture, works great and washes right out after you jump in the water. Foamy shave cream works great too.

Sounds like you have high-wrap style bindings, probably old ones I'm guessing. Try some newer style bindings with laces, like Liquid Force Watsons for example (I love mine). CWB makes a hinge binding that opens for easy entry, then closes with the use of a cable operated hinge.

gotta_ski
12-22-2012, 07:05 AM
If you use those high wraps they will loosen a bit after you get in and out of them 3 or 4 times. Mine are always a bit tight at the start of the season. I used to use dawn dish soap to get into them, now I use a biodegradable binding lube.